Sign in to follow this  
Mishra

Bug: Lost in the middle of nowhere.

Hi!

I have a massive problem: my char is lost in the middle of nowhere, probably outside of the map.

I was looting an elicopter crash in the north/west airfield, when I heard gunfire. So I ran outside of the airfield, toward the south/west direction.

I think I may have been outside of the map: now its just endless hills.

So I tried to connect to an other server: same, endless randoms hills.

I though I was lost at the first time, so I run for about 15minutes in the south/est direction hoping to find a road or a city...still nothing.

I have to add, these hills seems pretty weird to me: to three, no road, no animal, no player, nothing...

I have awesome gear after looting the barracks/hanger and the elicopter crash. Could a server admin teleport me to an other location maybe ?...

Thx!

Did you d/c after you left the airfield? If not, then you must have run pretty far to exit the map. I'll assume you d/c'd, and now you're in the Desert of Debug. You can try following one of the random threads about how to fix that (good luck), or you can suck it up - respawn - and start over. The latter is the quicker option.

I also highly doubt there's any admin out there who is going to respawn you, and I don't even know if they can.

when i connect to a server my location is:

wilderness

???

I disconnected like 5minutes after my run, I got lost in the night and wanted to find a bright day server.

Thx for giving me the name of my bug! Does it only occur near the airfield??

Yeah, you're in the debug desert for certain.

This can happen randomly (as far as I know), and it doesn't matter what your location is. Sometimes it's frequent, and sometimes it's infrequent. From my understand (and this is probably wrong/overly simplified) it's an issue with a corruption of the data when your character saves, and the devs are working to fix it. I don't remember precisely, but I saw mention of the issue in one of the recent patch notes, and if they did fix it then it's just a lot more infrequent (i've had it happen once in the past two weeks?).

It sucks, but you just have to deal with it. Happened to me yesterday right after i'd gotten grouped up with my friends the night before to raid the NE AFB. Logged on the next day and was in the debug desert.

Now, there are some threads around the forums that claim to be able to fix it. Try searching for "debug desert" or "debug fix" or something similar. I wouldn't advise it though since in my experience they're not 100% fixes, and you'll end up wasting so much time that if you'd just respawned and humped it back you'd already be 3/4 of the way there.

Good luck though.

Keep running SE. Apparently it's a good 30-35KM slog when you spawn way out there in the hills so hopefully you have enough food and drink to get you there.

Thank you for your help guys!

I'll try to run those 35km... Only have one bean/soda can. lets see if it is enough.

I have seen some players in a few server, they do not move and seems afk.

Damn... I had an FN FAL with nightvision...

I starved before I could run the miles :'(.

It seems this bug is recurent, started a new char and I got teleported in the debug plain on my log on a second server...

The better the game the more frustrating it gets, and right now, I am going craaaaaaazy