TehJoker

[1.7.1.5]Mags refilling or disappearing after logging back in

Date/Time: Don't know exact time, but must have been Friday, the 29th, around 10AM GMT+1

What happened: I shot several bullets with my AKM (about 5 shot) and I reloaded a fresh mag into my gun. After that, I had to disconnect for a minute or 5. When I logged back into the server, I noticed all my mags were completely full again.

I tried again to be sure: shot 5 bullets again and did the same thing as before: reloaded a fresh mag, disconnected and reconnected. Did the same thing again.

After that, I also tried it with my Makarov, but i had only 5 bullets left in the mag, and didn't reload the gun. When i reconnected back into the server, one mag was completely gone.

Where you were: Hangar closest to the control tower at Balota airfield

What you were doing: I was raiding the airfield, as I had just respawned not far from Balota.

*Current installed version: v1.7.1.5

*Server(s) you were on: I think it was on the Nowhere Kids GMT-6 server

*Your system specs: Pentium Dualcore E5400 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3, Windows 7 x64 SP1, Zotac GTX570 with latest nVidia firmware (reïnstalled firmware 2 hours before playing), 1TB HDD

*Timeline of events before/after error:

Spawned -> Raided Balota airfield control tower and found the AKM there -> shot some zombies, reloaded -> raided the first hangar -> disconnected -> reconnected and noticing the bug -> checking again if the bug would happen again -> Raided hangar 2 and found the Makarov -> Tried if the bug worked with the makarov -> stopped playing for that day.

well atm, if your mag's bullet count is below 1/2 of its initial capacity, you loose the mag. If it's over 1/2 you refill it.

well if u put the mags in ur bag or change weapons before logging out u lose nothing..

so.......

I can confirm this is indeed happening, cleared out a full town of zombies with my AKM. I reloaded my gun with just 1 bullet from each clip remaining to check if this was a bug. Logged back on after and all clips were full to the top, so i dont think it has anything to do with the half capacity thing that Critical Nerd is talking about. It could be gun specific though, and i only tested it with the AKM.

not a bug. Dont fix it.

not a bug. Dont fix it.

I lost a FAL mag with 12 bullets due to this bug. Might not seem like much, but those are only found in helicopter crash sites.

It's a bug, and should definitely be fixed.

the mags refilling is to try and fix the bug of disappearing mags when low' date=' so refilling is not a bug i guess the disappearing mags IS however still a left over issue.

[/quote']

How is refilling not a bug ?

Refilling of mags isn't a bug.

Rocket implemented a system where you have a chance of losing a used mag when logging off, to prevent players from abusing the refilling mechanic.

so has anyone tested the 94444 beta patch, if you still lose mags? I had i bizon with 3 mags, that magicaly disapeard after a reconnection, which ment that i had to throw away the bizon... this was with the 94103 patch...

like i said refilling mags was NOT a bug, you used to lose any mag if it had been partially used on logout, and as serneao said this is the way it tackles it as it was deemed abit shit to lose a mag if you had fired 1 round form it.

like i said refilling mags was NOT a bug' date=' you used to lose any mag if it had been partially used on logout, and as serneao said this is the way it tackles it as it was deemed abit shit to lose a mag if you had fired 1 round form it.

[/quote']

I i hadnt even used the weapon, had 3 full mags that just vanished like someone toke them out...