Sign in to follow this  
alienxxi

Trains

Lately I have been finding myself getting run over by zombie trains.What happens s someone would make a massive train of zombies, run around until they find some unsuspecting player, then ALT F4 by them resulting in that unsuspecting player getting killed by the train. It was pretty funny at first, but now it's annoying. Happened to me twice now.

Lol, not really much to do about that, other than simply don't get spotted by that player with the zombie train.

Hahahaha, that's pretty clever. Even if it is a bit of an exploit. Sorry to hear it happen to you though :P

I've done this a few times to new players. It works best when a friend runs along next to the target playing "yakety sax" or TLCs hit song "I don't want no scrubs" through direct chat.

It's kind of like a "welcome to Chernarus" ticketape parade where you get to lead the march and the march goes on forever.

Edit: just wanted to add that I don't alt-f4 to achieve this. It's simple enough to run near them and then prone as soon as the other player starts to shoot at either me or the zombies.

I've succesfully done that twice... and you dont even need to Alt+F4, just strafe your victim close enough and the Zeds will auto-aggro him... Even more so if the fool starts to shoot at you, or the Zeds.

Just an aside but am I the only one who thinks it would be cool if you could drive the trains in Cherno ;)?

I wouldn't like to think about how many gallons of diesel you would need to fill them up though! :D

Must be my inner train simmer!

Not at all' date=' Shimmler.

[/quote']

So you want to say that abusing exploits to save one's character arse is a fair play, and should not be prevented?

In this case, why did I have to die on that roof surrounded by bandits? I could disconnect momentarily, avoiding all the trouble, to connect later with all my loot intact.

[/quote']

So you want to say that abusing exploits to save one's character arse is a fair play, and should not be prevented?

In this case, why did I have to die on that roof surrounded by bandits? I could disconnect momentarily, avoiding all the trouble, to connect later with all my loot intact.

Seeing as how at present the only way to get zombies off your tail is to either kill them or disconnect, I'd say hold off the punishment. At least until there is a system in place that lets you lose them by running far enough from where you first aggro'd them, or whatever system Rocket finds works the best.

Such as not giving Zeds super-human endurance, and make them a tad slower. I'm fine with running Zeds, but permanent-sprint is super-retarded and reduces your anti-Z tactics to train them and find the nearest house where you can kill them without much trouble...

Anyway, the Z-train is lulz.

If you see players doing this just shoot out their legs and run past them to lose the hoard. Or just alt f4.

[/quote']

Learn to read.

His "not at all" was related to your "Is it only my opinion that Alt-F4-ing players should get permaban?"

[/quote']

Learn to read.

His "not at all" was related to your "Is it only my opinion that Alt-F4-ing players should get permaban?"

Tajin, I edited my original post in this thread to clarify. I don't think it makes much of a difference to alt f4 though as it's just as douchey. If I left the game I wouldnt be able to play the music to them!

[/quote']

Learn to read.

Jesus, i didn't event think that way. :-/

1 word, hills. Up or down, ok 2 words hills and houses. If you're unfortunate enough to agro a batallion of zombies on a field or without sufficient ammo.. yeah. I enjoy the roguelikeness of this mod and think dying should be one of the bigger parts of it instead of coming up ways to beat the odds.

I had about 12 zombies running after me at one point. I managed to get into a house, clear out the crowd. You would think that was it. Nope.

Started making my way down to a small town by the coast, found a car and 4 wheels inside a small outhouse. What's the odds i thought. All the sudden i got attacked through the wall and started bleeding. After my previous encounter with the zombie crowd, i only had 1 bullet left in my makarov. I shot the zombie but that only seemed to make him madder.

After running in circles, jumping over fences i thought i lost him. Well back into the little outhouse, i started preparing the car. After getting three on the wheels on the car, i heard a familiar sound. He was back.

The whole thing ended with me running for around 20 minutes in the woods with the same zombie chasing me. He ended his life after i ran onto a small dam and he drowned.

I absolutely loved it!

I was horribly disapointed that this thread was not about trains, that run on tracks, and go choo choo.

Damn you guys are disapointing.

Is it only my opinion that Alt-F4-ing players should get permaban?

But this opens up the possibility of people with bad computers or bad internet getting banned because of their computer or internet freezing.

Maybe they should add a function so that the player will remain in the game after he quit untill the next world save is done. Which is normally is done every minute.

That way making it harder for people to just leave when they are in trouble