No. We didn't get the truck. We got a long run back north to regear though.

The thermal rifle I looted off one of your bodies is in the truck the ghosters carjacked lol.

So close but SOOOO FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good fight guys!

Yeah.

Were you guys in the apartments the whole time? We checked it with thermals and didn't see anyone around. Server had like 12 people in it. So we definitely didn't expect to encounter such heavy guns.

We were actually talking about heading to another server to find PVP. Right after that conversation two of us got sniped. I'm thinking we started walking to it as soon as you guys pulled up.

Wasn't a good fight for me. I got dropped first, then couldn't get a respawn any where near Cherno like 22 times in a row. Finally decided to run from Electro, but didn't make it back in time.

Korbac and Domtar put up a good fight though. I had been alive for over two weeks. =(

We got some more thermals/snipers at our new camp. So we'll be back. =)

xtinction was def. ghosting.. he logged in behind me on the hospital roof in the midst of it.. i killed someone with an m249 (dunno if that was one of you guys?) and then another guy up on the hill and he almost got me by ghosting behind me...

Whoever was up on the spiral staircase, def logged out up there when we started shooting at him.. dunno who that was up there but def ghosting.

in any case i got annhilated and my thermal gun is gone.

xtinction was def. ghosting.. he logged in behind me on the hospital roof in the midst of it.. i killed someone with an m249 (dunno if that was one of you guys?) and then another guy up on the hill and he almost got me by ghosting behind me...

Thanks for confirming xtinction, we were having a debate on if he was or not. One of the guys in our group that died started watching the lobby. We had 100% on one, and we were 80% on xtinction, but you seeing the same thing just landed him at 100% and he is now banned.

the guy up the spiral staircase was me, and i ran up there legitimately... until somebody logged in on top of me. he broke both my legs and i passed out. he grabbed the m4 out of my bag and i saw all kinds of shots hitting the wall around him. it was actually kind of surreal

then he vanished. i just kind of laid there until it looked clear and someone was able to blood me. that was well after the shooting stopped though (IE after the guy with the m107 flanked you and korbac)

if it helps, they ran west with the truck vOv

may be the same guys we stole the truck from out west a few days ago... i'll have to go check their camp...

M107 guy was not a baller flank.

For the 30 minutes this fight lasted, I basically spent the first 25min running around scared and confused, at the other side of the town, hearing my friends die.

Then I started randomly running in a wide circle around the industrial area in a "gotta find them at some point" kind of pattern, and finally landed, in a bush, in the middle of what seemed like an automatic gunfight between the blasty, manny and korbac group, and some unknown entity on the spiral thing. At first I just killed manny, like, nearly meleeing him zeroed at 100m. Either the two left killed the people on the spiral or made them ghost away, I dont know, but then I saw Blasty in the forest, took the shot, then saw korbac running around near where blasty was dead and aimed, but then korbac was behind a tree and i thought he was ghosting. but at some point he started crawling again, and the second Tie Fighter shot got him.

I was alive the entire time right up until the very end where Ivan got me. I didn't log out once. I saw the guy climbing the staircase and though he was with you and was bandaging you. I was tying to zero in the l85 over 700 800 meters. That's where all the shots were coming from. Either way both groups ended up with not much. We lost all our gear and never got the truck back. I was up to 5 murders In that fight alone before Ivan got me:.. Who I thought was actually below me... :-(

I guess you guys didn't spend that much time looting us? We were completely loaded each of us had everything but rangefinders. I think manny had been alive for weeks with 30+ murders ! I would have been alive a week longer than that if manny wasn't so trigger happy and killed me in our own camp. Did you guys get any of our l85's?

I was alive the entire time right up until the very end where Ivan got me. I didn't log out once. I saw the guy climbing the staircase and though he was with you and was bandaging you. I was tying to zero in the l85 over 700 800 meters. That's where all the shots were coming from. Either way both groups ended up with not much. We lost all our gear and never got the truck back. I was up to 5 murders In that fight alone before Ivan got me:.. Who I thought was actually below me... :-(

I guess you guys didn't spend that much time looting us? We were completely loaded each of us had everything but rangefinders. I think manny had been alive for weeks with 30+ murders ! I would have been alive a week longer than that if manny wasn't so trigger happy and killed me in our own camp. Did you guys get any of our l85's?

got one, threw it in the truck then someone ran off with it. we chased it a while, but lost it eventually

the rest of the stuff despawned with your bodies when they vanished pretty quick which was probably due to the ghosters logging off and on around them a lot

seemed like they were hiding bodies just to grief.. shame there's so many losers on this game. good fight guys!

I found an m249 and mowed down like 4 guys in the span of 2 minutes.. gun was awesome.

That's what I thought as well but the first guy I killed (John galt?) his body disappeared in about one minute.

I wonder where the hell the truck got to... That guy is probably still moving gear off the server from it as we speak

You guys had the truck with all the weapons in it??? Looked like a hacked truck to us - too much stuff parked in cherno.

Lucky for us one of our guys cant drive for shit and crashed it, exploding him and all the contents.

Im pretty sure xtinction wouldnt of been ghosting. We just joined this server because we had our base hack bombed by some idiots last night. It looked like you guys had some well established groups fighting each other, based on this thread, and we wanted to get involved.

I'll let him defend himself though.

You guys had the truck with all the weapons in it??? Looked like a hacked truck to us - too much stuff parked in cherno.

That was the loot from Manny's camp :( As to why the late night gang decided to take it to Cherno' date=' I can't say. I wouldn't rule out alcohol.

Lucky for us one of our guys cant drive for shit and crashed it, exploding him and all the contents.

So the question is, will the server run out of vehicles before they start respawning? :D

Haha cant believe that stuff was legit. We were convincing ourselves the crash was no big deal because it was probably a spawned vehicle....

Oh well hah.

Nice to see this server has an active community.

Who were the guys with the RHIB boat, pick-up, and chopper on the island?

If you mean PBX, that would be I. So Jake, the more you are around, the more I have to wonder if you and your group are hacking. Let me run through some events....

You magically find a helicopter on US138 a few days ago

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24019&pid=220403#pid220403

RE: US 138 Hacked "Chinook"

I was the guy shooting the mini gun! But on a more serious note. My group of guys found those stopping at balota airfield along with an A-10, the engine was red on the Chinook. I was shooting the minigun and we were recording this.

The hackers spawned in the pilot's seat, then we took off. He crashed about 5 minute later.

I think we wrote down the hacker's name and I will repost it.

I think on the same day, we find a helicopter and gank it on our server and go stick in a safe spot until the admins can respond to our thread about if they are back in (http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=24165 ). Not a hour or so later, your whole crew magically shows up and steals the copter which turns out to be hacked since it never respawned after the server crash (assumption based on the fact u thought we stole it back).

Then the next day me and my crew log onto a server we see you on (will have to wait for friend to confirm name, but wasn't US138) and we see a heli, shoot it so it has to make emergency landing, we watch them spawn a new heli and take off leaving the old one behind.

So we have you and your group magically in or around 3 hacked helis in the span of a day or two. None of my crew had seen one since they were removed before a few days ago that I know of.

I will have to confer with the admins and take a vote, but at this point, my vote is that you need to find a new place to play because everywhere you go there seem to be hacks and I am a believer of where there is smoke there is fire.

I'd just like to say I love that you have an active community in which people who cheat will be banned, as Daks said we just came to this server last night due to our camp on Chicago 15 being hack bombed and wiped out our entire camp.

I would also like to throw in that Xtinction is one of our group and I know that it's our word vs. yours but I'm 100% sure he would not do that. we have been playing together as a group for many years and he is a stand up guy. I would love for our group to remain on this server and have some great fun with you guys but if you stand by your ban then I guess we will have to move on.

I thought helicopters were turned off?

I know for a fact xtinction ghosted up on top of the hospital roof in cherno cause i watched him appear right behind me...

I can't say it's that big of a deal though, because I also know for a fact that the one admin on the staircase logged out four or five times to avoid death, and also ghosted off that stair well, because we were watching it the entire time through this fight and shot him multiple times... lots of people doing this right now, but can't say I like the ban if the admins are guilty of the same thing..

I'm assuming when you say ghosting, you mean he teleported to you right? I'm not 100% sure of the terminology. most of us only just recently picked up the game within the last week or two. so hacking and scripting isn't something we do. is it possible he just logged out then back in while he was up there. not exactly sure, I wasn't on at the time. again I'm not trying to start anything other trying to get to the bottom of this and hopefully have him unbanned so we can continue to play on this server.

No, ghosting is when you log off one server, log into another server, and then log back into the 1st server in a diff location, generally to gain a tactical advantage in combat.. like flanking someone...

Also, the truck from our camp that someone made off with was one we stole from some guys on this server like 3 days ago and it had most of that gear in it when we stole it...

Ghosting is logging to avoid death and waiting till its clear and then logging back in, or logging out, going to a differerent server, changing positions, and then logging back in to fight.

And Blasty, you either don't know what you are talking about or are just still butthurt about losing all your stuff and believing what you want because of that. There is no way you could tell us from the third party group who was ghosting because they were in the middle of us the whole time. We could barely tell ourselves at times. Nothing is stopping you from finding a different server to play on if you think the admins are ghosting, but that is not the case, period. Obviously You don't seem to believe me, so do whatever you like.

And if you see a helicopter in game, it is probably hacked. I believe only really old servers like maybe the PL ones might still have a few that have still yet to die. We had asked for some clarification on that but never got a response from the admins in the thread I linked.

I thought helicopters were turned off?

I know for a fact xtinction ghosted up on top of the hospital roof in cherno cause i watched him appear right behind me...

I can't say it's that big of a deal though' date=' because I also know for a fact that the one admin on the staircase logged out four or five times to avoid death, and also ghosted off that stair well, because we were watching it the entire time through this fight and shot him multiple times... lots of people doing this right now, but can't say I like the ban if the admins are guilty of the same thing..

[/quote']

Helicopters are turned off yes, DP and Titus both jacked someone's hacked chopper and we set it on the island and didnt use it until we got word whether it was legit or not, it dissappeared on server reset meaning it was not.

We simply took it out of the equation, but didnt want to blow it up because... you know, if it was legit it would be amazing to rock around the server with it.