Shacks

Game won't start

I was playing fine a few hours ago. I went to start it again now and it simply won't start up. I even went to my Steam Library and tried to launch it from there and still nothing. I restarted my PC too.

I'm seeing a decent number of people experiencing the same issue in the last hour or so, I have no issues but have downloads paused atm, was there a DayZ update that downloaded for you? Can you tell me your DayZ build number, Right click on DayZ > Properties > Local Files (written down the bottom)

I'm on 478360 and don't have an issue.

Not that then, I tried both experimental and stable and had no issues. Are you running any specific anti-virus software? Perhaps there was a BattlEye update and your process has been blocked?

You must be the same guy I am talking to on Steam now. lol

I have avast.

Yep. There was another topic on Steam earlier with Avast issues so that may be related.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/221100/discussions/0/627456486358997857/

Open Avast, (can't remember the avast interface so you will have to look, I think it's under settings > antivirus > exclusions) go through the options until you find the "add exception" or similar, open that select your dayz exec and add it to the exception list.

Right click DayZ in steam > Local files and choose verify intergrity.

Says to add the launcher to the avast whitelist in settings, but I don't know what that is on there.

Edited by Shacks