Sign in to follow this  
punkvegita

Persistance now fully working?

So I packed up Tuesday night with a friend, had to leave a tent behind because we, I accidentally item glitched it. Now there was a weekly restart yesterday but when I logged in last night not only were the stuff still in the server but the tent was no longer glitched and the SKS that I could not see was on the ground. Does anyone have any info? Did the servers not have their weekly restart maybe? Or is Persistance finally working?

Yes, thats what I want to know too. Could this mean...that...persistance.......is working now??

If yes game is 99% complete far as I am concerned.

Edited by Calvin Candie

Yes, thats what I want to know too. Could this mean...that...persistance.......is working now??

If yes game is 99% complete far as I am concerned.

people are still reporting issuse with the tents so I would say no.

It is not working 100%

On some servers that i have been on Persistence, some items despawns

Yesterday i dropped of

1 AKM Decked out

1 Pistol Grip Shotty

Hunter back pack

Full outfit

And when i went back for it 20 minutes later it is gone

Now i am assure you. no one took my stuff, i hid it in a spot no one would ever look, and it is a night time server and it is almost impossible to see

unless someone stalked me for 40 minutes and took it without leaving a trace of their jeans or rags

....And when i went back for it 20 minutes later it is gone

Now i am assure you. no one took my stuff, i hid it in a spot no one would ever look...

j-jonah-jameson-laughing-o_zps5589c93c.g

All seriousness though, as far as I'm aware tents and their loot do not persist beyond restarts.

It is not working 100%

On some servers that i have been on Persistence, some items despawns

Yesterday i dropped of

1 AKM Decked out

1 Pistol Grip Shotty

Hunter back pack

Full outfit

Now i am assure you. no one took my stuff, i hid it in a spot no one would ever look, and it is a night time server and it is almost impossible to see

unless someone stalked me for 40 minutes and took it without leaving a trace of their jeans or rags

People go everywhere around the map. I did a test with a lockpick, locked up a few houses, came back an hour later and all doors and such were unlocked.

Persistence should clear everything on restart, except tents, backpacks and guns and spawn new loot.

It simply doesn't do that yet.

EDIT: Oh dear me I've double posted.

Edited by Quackdot

Persistence should clear everything on restart, except tents, backpacks and guns and spawn new loot.

Why not backpacks and guns, too? On all 3 private shards I am a member of there are just piles of SKSs and backpacks outside of military installations. People are grabbing AKs and dumping them in the middle of the woods so no one has access to automatic weapons.

Until they figure out a working solution my suggestion is: every item despawns after it has been on the server for 24 hours unless it is inside a tent. If you drop an item this despawn timer resets.

Thanks guys, so did we not have a weekly maintanence yesterday than?

This Wednesday was only a back-up maintenance, if I remembered correctly.

That could have just been a bug. I've dropped loads of weapons and they've just vanished, like when you drop a weapon and step a few feet away and it's back in your inventory, but you can't see it, but then you get another weapon out or something and the other one disappears.

Why not backpacks and guns, too? On all 3 private shards I am a member of there are just piles of SKSs and backpacks outside of military installations. People are grabbing AKs and dumping them in the middle of the woods so no one has access to automatic weapons.

Until they figure out a working solution my suggestion is: every item despawns after it has been on the server for 24 hours unless it is inside a tent. If you drop an item this despawn timer resets.

Actually I agree, but maybe 24 hours is a bit harsh, how about 48 hours?

Also I believe you're the same person on reddit, aren't you? :D

Actually I agree, but maybe 24 hours is a bit harsh, how about 48 hours?

Also I believe you're the same person on reddit, aren't you? :D

Yeah, that is me. :D

I don't care how long they make the limit, to be honest. I am just sick of loot cyclers ruining the gameplay experience for everyone.

Edit: I updated the Reddit post to reflect that I don't care how long the timer is.

Edited by scriptfactory