Sign in to follow this  
darricks

Simple but hardcore features

Hi,

I immediately apologize about my english lvl. 

Here are severals idea I have about how to improve the gameplay of this game in a more hardcore way IMO : 

-You need ropes for carrying guns/weapons on your back. Forcing player to choose between a real gun or an axe when he has not enough bullet for the second, and no ropes for carrying both. 

-Belts is an indepent stuff part and can be used to carry some specific items if you have the right holder for it (handcuff, talkie walkie...) or if the item is provided with its own (stun baton has a little back rope) 

-You cant put backpack item in the quick acces bar

-Clothes offer quick acces bar slot. 2 for high part, 2 for low part. Carrying an assault vest give acces to a load of. 

-You cant use items in your backpack while runing or walking. 

-Clothes and bag have inventory space relative to their real pockets placement. For exemple a jean has not a 4x4 slot but instead, 4 1x1 slot, one for each pocket (two fronts, two back), same idea for everything that can be weareble. 

-Can should give a % of seekness chance if their are in very damaged statut (if cans take too much hits, they can be a bit open). 

-Add lot of bike and remove the long distance sprinte. You can fastly travel by using a bike which is easy to find, but you can only sprint for very short duration, nerfing for real the ability of ppl to run with an axe against ppl using civilian weapon or to easily dogde the shot of a full team firing at you. The idea is to give more intimidation power to guns, even if they have slow reload time. 

So, it was my suggestion time of the year, see ya in 2015! 

:)

Edited by darricks
  • Like 7

Hi,

I immediately apologize about my english lvl. 

Here are severals idea I have about how to improve the gameplay of this game in a more hardcore way IMO : 

-You need ropes for carrying guns/weapons on your back. Forcing player to choose between a real gun or an axe when he has not enough bullet for the second, and no ropes for carrying both. 

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

-Belts is an indepent stuff part and can be used to carry some specific items if you have the right holder for it (handcuff, talkie walkie...) or if the item is provided with its own (stun baton has a little back rope) Love this

-You cant put backpack item in the quick acces bar Love this as well

-Clothes offer quick acces bar slot. 2 for high part, 2 for low part. Carrying an assault vest give acces to a load of. There are only so many slots!!!

-You cant use items in your backpack while runing or walking. Interesting

-Clothes and bag have inventory space relative to their real pockets placement. For exemple a jean has not a 4x4 slot but instead, 4 1x1 slot, one for each pocket (two fronts, two back), same idea for everything that can be weareble. Seems like it would break a few mechanics

-Can should give a % of seekness chance if their are in very damaged statut (if cans take too much hits, they can be a bit open). Why not

So, it was my suggestion time of the year, see ya in 2015! 

:)

Edited by B@ker

very nice.

I like all of your suggestions.

Especially the rope suggestion, I really hope they are going to implement that.

• Like 2

Interesting ideas... the only trouble is that dicking about with an inventory because things don't fit is generally irritating... even if it may be realistic. So these changes may just have the overall effect of 20 minutes sitting in a tree trying to work out where to put your items rather than the 10 minutes I regularly spend in trees doing that now... which I'd not really enjoy... I do play to be entertained.

So, mmm, though I do like your logic and think that way myself - I have to just not think about how that big yellow storage box fits in my trousers - but at the same time, complicating the inventory management more, not sure the game needs that...

The inventory system is pretty laggy and clunky at the best of times... This would mean dropping more items while you're sorting stuff out... Getting stuff out of your pack, putting them down to swap them... at present about 1 in every 20 or so items I drop disappears... so I see an increase in that kind of glitch coming with this kind of change. 

Mmm. Tempted by the split trouser pocket suggestion but... yeah, would it just be annoying...? Not sure.

Hello 

Thanks for your answer. 

I will make a simple answer for my part. I'm not really looking for realism, but more to create "choice" situation in early game by all the possible way. 
Forcing ppl making choice mean for me, very more hard early game. And I like when the early is horribly hard. 

OFC most of my guess are made for a perfect world with persistence, where you can hide this gun you've found in a bush until you can find some fucking rope/bullets for it and came back for using it, choice force you to make stash everywhere in a way. 

So the idea behind this "choice making" is also about forcing ppl to create "stash" like in STALKER, it was a real pleasure to hunt tents in Dayz Mod, and to try to hide his own... well stash could be as funny and the better way to force ppl to make stash, is to create choice situation. 

Edited by darricks

I really like ALL of the ideas. And to me DayZ (Hardcore only maybe on some of the ideas) needs these things to make it more interesting. I would really like to see that you acctually have to carry your axe that you found in your hands, instead of just putting it magicaly on you back if you don't have something to hang it in! It could maybe also work with some backpacks. That you can hang them on there side or something  

I like the rope sling idea. Rope isn't that hard to find, and it makes for a nice little twist.

Good suggestions all around, especially those having to do with ropes/quick access bar/backpack.

As far as your recent suggestion, I believe there will be a stamina/weight type system added in the future which will address the unlimited sprinting issue. Not sure if bikes are planned to be added or not, but I wouldn't be against the idea.

Edited by solodude23

Rope idea is a must.

I absolutely hate that you can just magically stick an axe or gun to your back without making a sling first.

Has to be one of my biggest pet peeve in DayZ ATM.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83
  • Like 2

Rope idea is a must.

I absolutely hate that you can just magically stick an axe or gun to your back without making a sling first.

Has to be one of my biggest pet peeve in DayZ ATM.

Made a topic about this, some time ago. Wasn't accepted very well :P

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/212632-floating-machete/#entry2132920