EJOE12345

Controls?

hey guys i have a few questions about controls the inventory for one how does that work it would be great if i could have a full explanation and how do you find cars and planes and can you open house doors and stuff if so how? Thanks

• Like 1

Basic how do you work the inventory and how do you find cars planes and choppers

No such things in DayZ Standalone.

• Like 1

if you play the game you can look it up in the settings or just figure it out, its not that hard,  W A S D for movement, shift for sprint, tab for inventory, many things are pretty obvious if you ever played some PC games.

no choppers or planes for now

trucks exist but are pretty damn rare and not worth searching for if you never played the game before

Edited by rotteck

OK no more unhelpful answers.  This is the mod forum and the guy is asking about the mod NOT the standalone.  If you don't know the answer then don't post unhelpful childish replies or I will remove them.

Ejoe, take a look in the menus within the game and you will see their are tabs at the top regarding which buttons to use for movement, and another about using vehicles etc.

Edited by Sula

Kichi, this query is about the mod.  Are there no more helis etc in the mod anymore?

• Like 1

Basic how do you work the inventory and how do you find cars planes and choppers

Use the following link for a reasonable location of vehicle spawns.  http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarus

However on most high pop servers they won't be there because someone's already taken them.  I'm assuming you are new so I'd focus on surviving and then thriving without a vehicle.  Note if the server is modified you can throw out the locations.

Look to deanzphx's six part series on starting out with the mod (youtube).  The series is current with the version.

Kichi, this query is about the mod.  Are there no more helis etc in the mod anymore?

Wasn't made clear by the OP and originally was in the SA-section, hence my subtle question what it is related to. :wub:

• Like 2

Thanks for your help, you big hero you. Any idea if there are still helis in mod at moment?

Depends on the server but if you use the default private hive schema there are helis that spawn.  There should be a huey, Mi-17, 2 seat littebird and a 4-6 seater.  There should also be a bi-plane.