MadWookie

The First 14 Days: The Story of Felix Pitts

**This is a long read.. so don't start if you don't have some time on your hands. I have a lot of free time on my hands as of late so I though't it'd be cool to write a book about the subject (game(DayZ)) that has taken up the past few years of my life. Enjoy! | All of this is based off of the official lore found on DayZRP.com, you can find it here. | This is based off of the DAYZ MOD map. Not Chernarus+**

The First 14 Days

The Story of Felix Pitts

KgsPYIs.png

This is the journal of Felix Pitts. In this book Felix recorded the events he lived through during the first 14 days of the Zombie apocalypse. Felix Pitts owned his family book store; Blue Rose Books, located in Chernogorsk. His parents had owned it until their tragic accident that resulted in their death when Felix was only nineteen. Felix had been given the book store in his parents will; it was all that they really had so Felix did his best to keep it in good shape. Jason is Felix's long time best friend, they have been friends ever since Felix moved to Chernarus with his parents when he was 11.

Traits of Felix:
Height: 5'8
Weight: 197lbs
Hair color: Black
Eye color: Hazel
Primary language: English
Secondary languages: Russian, Spanish, Swedish
Personality: Quiet, Patient, Friendly

kceOQet.png

I was sitting behind the front desk in the store reading today's copy of "Novigrad Daily" when the door opened, ringing the bell. Jason Philips walked into the book store.

Jason: Hey Felix, how’s it going?

Felix: Great man, it’s a slow day but other than that it's going pretty good.

Jason: Have you heard the news?

Felix: What news?

Jason: There was a hunter bit in the woods near Green Mountain last night, he's in the Zelenogorsk hospital in critical condition.

Felix: No way, what bit him!?

Jason: They are saying it was a human.

Felix: That’s crazy! Did they find the maniac who did it?

Jason: No, but they sent out a search party looking for him.

Jason's phone rings.

Jason: I gotta take this, its work. I'll text you if I hear anything else about that hunter since I know you're pretty distant from the rest of the world.

Felix: Alright see ya later man.

Jason leaves.

The rest of the day was just like every other day as far as I was concerned.

PZXCSil.png

The next day I woke up and got some breakfast, turned on the news and saw that the hunter that Jason was talking about had died and attacked several nurses before being shot by a policeman. After getting dressed I start my walk to work since I only live three blocks from the bookstore. On my way to work I see a couple homeless people with today's dose of crazy rants saying "This is the end! Repent!". I stopped at the newspaper stand and bought the daily copy of "Novigrad Daily" and went into my book store and sat down to start reading. Today was slower than yesterday, I only had the regular old lady that lives across the street come in and to chat for a little while. The rest of the day passed slowly before I got home and went to bed.

ZbMqQj0.png

Today I woke up to choppers flying overhead and sirens zooming though town. I turn on the news and see that there were large-scale riots in Zelenogorsk last night and this morning with "people acting like rabies-infected dogs". On my walk to the book store today I saw a CDF convoy headed west of out of Chernogorsk to I can only assume Zelenogorsk to help with the riots. There we're also some people packing their things and loading it into their cars like they were leaving. I stopped at the newspaper stand to find that it was abandoned, there was yesterday’s copy of "Novigrad Daily" sitting on the stand. I ignored it and went into my book store and sat down and turned on the radio and tuned into "96.1 Novigrad Daily".

Radioman 1: Well it looks like we are getting reports of this nasty infection spreading to Pavlovo, Drozhino and Sosnovka.

Radioman 2: This is crazy, I wonder what started it all.

Radioman 1: I think it’s the government man.

Radioman 2: No way it can't be the government.

Radioman 1: Think about it! It started near Green Mountain, we all know that place is cursed, and the resent military activity up there, they just put a base up there last month.

Radioman 2: Oh pffft, that's nothing more than a security detail!

Radioman 1: Really? I heard tha- *static*

I try to dial into a different radio station to get more news on the Zelenogorsk riots but they are all constant static. A little bit later the old lady comes in for the daily gossip, again the rest of the day is slow for the store, actually it’s completely dead, no one has came in but the old lady. I brush it off and go home to get some rest.

hYGXOT0.png

I wake up in the middle of the night because I hear a scream from outside and grab my baseball bat and walk outside to find a man on top of a lady in the middle of the road. I yell at him and tell him to get off her and he looks up at me with his face covered with blood, dripping from his chin. I start to back up slowly and he gets up and starts running at me, I ready my baseball bat and swing it at him as soon as he gets close, I smack him right in the head and he falls to the ground, I walk over to the lady to see if she is okay, I check for a pulse and she doesn't have one, her stomach is completely ripped open showing her intestines. Suddenly she jolts to life and opens her eyes and looks up at me, I look at her eyes and ask if she was okay, as soon as I ask I already know the answer, her eyes are pale white and she is grabbing at my legs trying to get a hold of me. I quickly smash her head in with my baseball bat then turn to run inside to get my P250 pistol in-case there are more of these infected people trying to kill me. As I run back toward my apartment the man starts to stand up slowly, I guess I didn't hit him hard enough, I kick him back down before he stands up all the way and smash his head with my baseball bat till I can see his brain turn to a greyish pink goo. I run inside and grab my P250 with three 8 round mags. I try to call Jason to see if he is okay, but my cell phone has no service so I put on my jacket and start running to his house next to the hospital. I start banging on the door to wake him up, he opens the door and I walk in quickly before he even greets me.

Jason: What’s going on man? It's like 3am.

Felix: I just killed two people.

Jason: What!? What do you mean killed them!?

Felix: They attacked me! I woke up to a lady scream and I saw a man.. eating her in the middle of the street! Then the man attacked me!

Jason: And what of the lady?

Felix: She was dead! Her stomach was ripped open and she had no pulse then she suddenly tried to grab my leg and bite me, so I smashed her head in too.. I didn't know what else to do.

Jason: Do you think that virus has spread all the way to here that quickly?

Felix: I don't know man.. but it sure seems like it could have. People have been leaving town in the past few days and a lot of CDF forces have been passing though.

Jason: You’re right.. what should we do?

Felix: I think we should head east, it seems clear that way.

Jason: Alright, help me get some food and water, if we're going that way we have no idea what waits for us that way and how long we'll be gone if we even come back..

I help Jason grab some canned food and bottled water and fill our hiking backpacks that we kept at his house because we would have a hiking trip every few months. Once we have emptied his cabinets and loaded up the backpacks with the food and water we got into his car and started heading to Prigorodky where he had a cousin who was a zombie apocalypse freak, who had all kinds of survival tools and tips. When we arrived his cousin was wide awake boarding up his windows. We knock on the door and he peeks through his unfinished window and then opens the door for us and greets us. We help him finish the windows and then we rest for the next few hours. By the time I wake up it’s nearly noon and it still feels like midnight because of how dark it is in the bedroom I slept in, the boards kept out every bit of sunlight, not even a small crack. I walk out into the main room and see Jason and his cousin talking, I sit down on the couch and turn on the TV.

Anthony: Don't bother, the government has blocked all news outlets.

Felix: Wow.. alright.. Hey look! There's some repeats of Everybody Loves Raymond on! I love this show!

*Silence*

After watching that episode of Everybody Loves Raymond I sat down at the table to talk to Jason and his cousin.

Felix: So what’s the plan guy? We can't sit around here and do nothing..

Jason: I don't know.. I was thinking we could try to head north and cross the borders.

Anthony: That won't work I'm sure Russian forces have quarantined Chernarus by now.

Anthony leaves the room to go check the barricades.

Felix: You’re right.. Hey Jason, remember that spot we camp at way north in the wilderness when we go hiking?

Jason: Yeah, why?

Felix: We could go hide out there till this all blows over.

Jason: I suppose we could, yeah. There's fresh water nearby and we have food for at least three weeks with what my cousin has stock piled.

Anthony enters the room.

Anthony: The barricades are good for now but once the hordes hit us they won’t last very long.

Felix: That's okay, we don't plan on staying here long.

Anthony: Where are the two of you going then?

Jason: We have a camp site up north that has fresh water nearby and is fairly isolated.

Anthony: How the hell are you going to get up there? There are infected everywhere!

Felix: Simple, we'll take the car as far north as we can then walk the rest of the way.

Jason: If we leave now we can be there by nightfall.

Felix: Well then let’s get moving, no time to waste.

I start picking up my backpack and look back at Jason's cousin.

Felix: Are you coming?

Anthony: Sure, I don't see why not.. your plan is better than sitting here with my windows boarded up waiting for them to break in.

Jason: Well then we better load up as much of your stuff into the car as we can, we don't know how long it’s going to be before we can resupply.

We pack all of the supplies including matches, water purification tablets, a map and compass, all the food and water we had then we load it all into the car. I try to turn on the radio to see if it could pick up anything other than static but have no luck. Jason starts the car and we pull out of the driveway and start heading toward Elektrozavodsk to get on the road headed north. When we get close to Elektrozavodsk we see a military check-point and are forced to stop and let them check the car.

CDF Solider: Excuse me sir, can I see your ID please and open your trunk please.

Jason hands the solider his ID and opens the trunk for the solider.

CDF Solider: What’s with all the food and water?

Jason: We're going on a camping trip.

CDF Solider: Where at?

Jason: North of Stary Sobor in Old Fields.

CDF Solider: I've heard reports of that weird infection up there, be careful. You’re free to go.

Jason: Thank you, have a nice day.

Jason rolls up the window and drives through the check-point. As we are driving though Elektrozavodsk we notice how quiet it is.. it was eerie. We passed through the northern check-point and we were now on our way north. About 1.8km away from Elektrozavodsk the car starts to sputter and die off slowly. Jason pulls off to the side of the road as the car dies and we all get out to see what happened. Jason pops the hood and is smothered by black smoke. After the smoke clears we look at the car, all of us dumb-founded as to what we should do as none of us have experience with cars.

Jason: I guess we're on foot from here guys..

Anthony: What do you mean? Can't we just call a mechanic?!

Felix: Yeah, we could try but I haven't had cellphone service since last night.

Anthony: Well how far away are we..?

Jason: Roughly seven kilometers.

Felix: Enough chit-chat guys we need to get moving before we are stuck out here for the night.

Jason: You're right Felix, we are losing daylight.

We take what we can carry, but we have to leave behind a lot of the food and water. We walked for what seemed like ages before it got dark. Jason says we're only a few kilometers from Stary Sobor where we can resupply but for tonight we camp here, near the road by a few pine trees.

fCDVjsh.png

This morning we were awakened by the sound of tanks driving north on the road. Following some of the tanks were trucks filled with CDF Soldiers. We watched them pass, staying hidden because of the fear of being mistaken as an infected. The long line of trucks seemed to go on forever. Towards the end of the line one of the soldiers dropped something off the edge of the truck, it looked to be a newspaper but I wasn't sure. After the trucks and tanks had passed I ran out to the road and picked up the newspaper it was today’s copy of "Novigrad Daily".

The newspaper "Novigrad Daily" posted the following information of the infected, using survivor testimonies as sources.

- Any attempt to reason with them is futile. If they hear you, smell you or see you, they charge you and will attempt to bite you.

- Some of the infected just bite and then move on. Some however seems to literally want to eat the bodies of the fallen. Some of the corpses are eaten until there are just bones left. Some of the bodies however are just "partially eaten" and then they rise again. Roughly 80% of all victims rise and become zombies within 1 minute of their death.

- The disease transfers through bites. There is however reports of unbitten people also being infected, which might indicate that the disease is airborne or travels through surfaces. It might also be food or water-supply related.

- Tanks and airborne assets are so far the only real effective ways to stop the infected. There are reports of thousands of them being killed in this way. It is thus assumed that the death toll is now in the thousands, not in the hundreds as previously stated.

- Body shots with low-caliber weapons are highly ineffective. High-caliber weapons do the trick, but the infected are difficult to hit due to their erratic running patterns. According to soldiers in the field, they often zigzag and run very fast. Headshots bring them down, but they are difficult to do.

I hand the newspaper to Jason so he can read it, then he hands it to his cousin.

Jason: I hope we don't run into any of these things.. we're going to have a hard time killing them.

Felix: Well seeing as I have already killed two of them, I think we should avoid towns.. we only have 24 bullets for my P250 and that’s not going to do much unless I get mostly headshots.

Anthony: Come on guys, we need to pack up and keep moving.

We pack up and start heading north. About 2.5 kilometers up the road we find one of the trucks from this morning tipped over on the side of the road about 6 dead CDF soldiers laying scattered around it. Some of them are half eaten, others have bite marks but they all have bullet holes in them. Several civilian bodies lay scattered on the ground near the dead soldiers also filled with bullets.

Felix: Guys.. we need those guns. If the CDF isn’t able to protect themselves from these things we sure as hell aren’t able to either, at least with the guns we have a chance.

Anthony: You’re right.. those guns would sure give us a way better chance of surviving than that P250 and baseball bat.

Jason: So how are we going to get them?

Felix: I guess we just walk up there and take them. I don’t see any infected from here.

Jason: Alright, let’s get this over with then.

Felix: Hang on Jason, I'll get the rifles, its better if we don't all go out there, it'll draw more attention.

Jason: Okay.. We'll sit back here and wait. Hurry up and stay safe Felix.

Felix: I'll be back in a few.

As I walk toward the truck I hear a groan, I slow down and look around till I see what the source of the sound was. I hear the groan again and look to my left and see an infected soldier with his legs crushed from where the truck landed on them. The infected soldier is crawling toward me but I can out walk it at this pace so I keep moving, crouched till I get up to one of the soldiers. I pull out my P250 and aim it at the soldiers head. I push the soldier with my foot, rolling him over so I can get his rifle. I strip the rifle from the soldiers corpse and 2 extra 30 round mags for it. I grab two more rifles from other dead soldiers but before I leave I see a radio on one of the dead soldiers and decided that we could use a radio. I make my way over to the dead soldier and reach of the radio. The soldier looks at me and grunts. I jump back and aim my newly acquired AK-74 at him.

Soldier: What are- *coughs up blood* you doing?

I lower my rifle and kneel down at the soldiers side to see if I can help him.

Felix: Whoa... hang on man. What happened?

Soldier: Our driver he was- *cough* infected and swerved off the road- *cough* infected swarmed us.

Felix: How did all your men get shot?

Soldier: One of the trucks behind us killed- *cough* the infected attacking us then they started shooting us when some of us turned. *cough* I didn't get bit, but I got shot in the stomach- *coughs up more blood* my lungs are filling with blood. End my pain please..

Felix: Do you have a family soldier?

Soldier: Please, call me Vlad. Yes,- *cough* yes, I have a family..

Felix: Tell me about them.

I stand up and aim my P250 at the back of his head as he looks away.

Soldier: I have a wife, Valeriya. Very beautiful woman, and a daughter, Albina. She is turning 10 next mon- *BANG*

As I pull the trigger I watch the life leave his body and he goes limp. I quickly grab his radio and sprint back to the woods where Jason and his cousin are waiting for me.

Jason: What the hell happened man!?

Felix: I found a radio on a soldier who had been shot and was still alive, he asked me end his pain..

Anthony: So you mercy killed him?

Felix: Yeah..

Jason: Well we better get moving before infected start moving in on the area.

I hand Jason and his cousin each, one of the AK-74's with three clips, a total of ninety bullets, thirty bullets in each clip and sling mine over my shoulder and put my extra two clips into my leg pockets of my cargo jeans. I make sure the radio is turned off so it doesn't waste its battery and clip it onto my belt. As we start moving out we hear the groans of the infected growing louder, we pick up our pace. A few kilometers farther north we are nearly to Stary Sobor. We Decide to set up camp south of Stary in the woods.

We all sit down by the campfire and heat up some Frank & Beans.

Jason: So what was it like..

Felix: What was what like..?

Jason: Killing someone..

Felix: It's painful.. but I know it was for the best..

Jason: What do you think it's like..? Dying that is.

Felix: Peaceful.

Jason: If I get infected.. will one of you kill me.. please.. I don't want to become one of those things..

Felix: Get some rest Jason.. We have another long hike tomorrow.

I crawl into my sleeping bag and fall asleep, looking at the stars thinking about what it's like to die.

xniTLxR.png

Once again we are awaken by the sound of choppers flying overhead, American coppers this time though. We all crawl out of our sleeping bags as we look up at the UH-1Y's flying over head toward NWAF.

Anthony: Americans.. of course.. they just have to put their noses in everyone's business.

Felix: By the looks of it, the CDF can use all the help they can get..

Jason: Come on guys.. lets get moving, I don't like the feeling I have right now..

We pack up camp and move toward Stary Sobor. As we enter the town we notice that it's quiet. Too quiet. It's a ghost town.

Jason: We're running low on water, wanna stop at the grocery store?

Anthony: Good idea Jason, let's go.

Felix: Careful guys..

We walk up the street cautiously. As we enter the grocery store, we can tell we wont be finding any water here.. shelves knocked over, empty.. deserted, raided. Jason's cousin goes into the back of the grocery store to see if anything was left.

Anthony: AHHHHHHHHHHH! HELP!

2 Gunshots come from the back of the grocery store. Jason and I run into the back to see what happened.

Jason: What's going on man!?

Anthony: He.. he bit me..

Felix: Who?!

Anthony: Him..

He points at the grocery store clerk who's greyish pink brains were splattered against the wall from the two bullets that went through his skull. He was obviously infected.

Felix: He was infected...

Anthony: No... no.. this can't be happening.

Jason: It's okay Anthony.. we'll find a doctor... we can get you fixed right up..

We hear glass shatter and a moan then several feet dragging across the floor through the broken glass. We all exchange glances as we all know it's infected.

Anthony: Go.. I can hold them off.. take my AK and give me your P250..

Jason: No... we can take you with us..

Felix: Jason.. we have to go man..

I take Anthony's AK and give him my P250 with all the mags for it. Anthony walks into the front of the store and starts shooting infected, one after another. I basically have to drag Jason with me as we leave out the back of the grocery store. We keep hearing gunshot after gunshot.. then finally, it's silent. Not even a bird chirping.. it was like the world had stopped spinning. We start walking north, not saying a word because we fear that if we do, reality will hit us that Anthony is actually dead. As we pass through Old Fields we see a deer running out of the woods a few hundred meters away, shortly after we see an infected person chasing it. We both stand and stare as we try to figure out what just happened.

Jason: Let's go.

Felix: Okay.. keep your eyes open Jason, that was a runner.

We walk north at a slow pace till we start losing daylight. We set up camp at Devils Castle. That night we lay in silence, partly because there is nothing to say and partly because we fear that if we talk we wont hear infected coming.

oWo2uw0.png

This morning I woke up to see Jason's stuff already packed up, but no sign of Jason. I climb to the top of the tower and find him looking out at the world.

Felix: You alright Jason?

Jason: Yeah, just enjoying the sight.

Felix: We should start moving.. I couldn't sleep at all last night with all the shooting in the distance.

Jason: Well, lets get moving.

I pack my sleeping bag and the rest of my belongings and pull out my map and compass.

Felix: Okay.. so we need to go... North, North West.

We start walking North, North West. After no more than two hours we get to the camp site. We set up our tents and sleeping bags. Jason goes and collects firewood. When Jason comes back we both sit down next to the fire.

Jason: So now what do we do?

Felix: I don't know.. survive as long as we can I guess.

Jason: We aren't going to last long. Our food supplies will only last for a week at most.. and our water is already running low from the walk here.

Felix: Well then what do you suggest we do?

Jason: I don't know.. maybe we can go to Petrovka and see what we can find.

Felix: Well.. we have a few hours of daylight left if you want to head that way right now.. we aren't too far from there.

Jason: Sure.. lets relax for a little bit though, my legs are killing me.

Felix: Okay, I could use a little bit of rest too.

I turn on the military radio that I found on the CDF Officer a few days ago and scan the frequencies. After a few minuets I get a clear signal to a station that is broadcasting. It is clearly an American Task Force communicating with CDF forces.

Maj. Tyler | Alpha Company: We have heavy casualties, we are falling back to Utes, do you copy Captin? Over.

Cpt. Yolkin: We copy, what about us Major? Most of our company is dead.. what do we do? We can't hold them back forever sir!

Maj. Tyler | Alpha Company: God be with you all.

The radio emits static and a response from the CDF forces never came. We sit in disbelief that the Americans were falling back to Utes. Jason stands up and grabs his AK-74 and several clips for it.

Jason: Let's go. We won't have time to get back before dark if we don't leave now.

Felix: Okay.

I turn off the radio and toss it into my tent, empty out my backpack into my tent and sling it over my shoulder then pick up my AK-74 with a few extra clips. After about half an hour we reach Petrovka, a small village, no more than 15 people. As we get closer we can smell the stench of rotten flesh.

Jason: Shh.. two infected, front right.

Jason raises his rifle.

Jason: I'll get the one on the left, you get the one on the right. Try to shoot them in the head. You shoot first.

I raise my rifle and aim it steadily then pull the trigger, not even a second after I pull the trigger, I hear Jason shoot too then both of the infected drop to the ground.

Jason: Good shot.

Felix: Thanks.. you too.

A few seconds later 3 more infected are running toward us from the left and 2 more from the right.

Jason: Get the ones on the right!

I don't waste any time aiming, I shoot a burst of 9 shots in the general direction and the two infected drop dead. I turn around to help Jason but he had already killed all three coming from his side.

Jason: Let's get this over with..

We run into town and split up to cut our time in this town in half. I enter a building, slowly clearing each room, and looking for supplies that might have been left behind. I find 2 cans of Deez Baked Beans, and a can of sardines. I walk across the street to see what Jason found.

Felix: Jason? Where you at man?

Jason: In here, I found some water.

I walk into the room where Jason is and see him filling his canteen from the faucet.

Felix: Wow.. I wonder how people this far away from like everything had plumbing.

I fill my canteen then we split up again to loot the next houses. I walk into this building more relaxed, I open a door and walk into the kitchen. The next thing I know, I'm on the floor with a lady in a green dress on top of me, clawing at my face. I put my hand around her throat and try to push her off me but she pushes back, I lose my grip on her neck and she sinks her teeth into my shoulder. I scream and roll her off me and pick up my AK-74 and stand up before she can run at me again I burst 3 bullets into her, she goes limp. Jason runs into the building.

Jason: What the hell happened!?

Felix: She bit me...

Jason: No.. there's no way.. please tell me your just messing with me..

Felix: I'm not messing with you! She bit me!

I take off my shirt so Jason can see the bite mark in my shoulder.

Jason: I'm not going to kill you.. I can't.. you know that..

Felix: After I turn.. don't hesitate..

Jason: I won't.. I just can't do it while your.. you..

Felix: Let's get out of here.. I can patch myself up when we get back to the camp,

We leave the town quickly and quietly. When we get back to camp I clean out my wound and wrap it up in the little medical supplies we have.

Jason: We're going to have to go get medical supplies eventually man.. you can't wear the same bandage forever.

Felix: I know.

Jason: How are you feeling?

Felix: Fine.. I feel fine. Just my shoulder hurts.

Jason: Well let's get some sleep.

Felix: Goodnight Jason.

Jason: Goodnight Felix.

We crawl into our tents and go to sleep for the night. I can't sleep at all, I keep tossing and turning but I can't get the thought of becoming infected out of my mind.

blNUVF5.png

I wake up to Jason putting more wood on the fire.

Felix: How long have you been awake man?

Jason: A few hours. I ran into town and found some pain killers and more bandages, lets get that wound cleaned.

Felix: Alright, but dude I feel perfectly fine.

I unwrap the bandages and gasp in disbelief that my wound had completely healed and there was only a scar left.

Jason: Wha-...

Felix: It's gone...

Jason: How is that even possible..

Felix: I don't know man.

Jason: You're immune to this-, virus or whatever they are calling it.

Felix: There's no way I can be the only person..

Jason: Only one way to find out, we need to find more people.. maybe we can survive in numbers, maybe we can find more people like you.

Felix: Where would we even start, for all we know there aren't any survivors.

Jason: There has to be, surely we cant be the only ones.

Felix: Well, let's rest today we've been hiking for nearly a week.

Jason: Then tomorrow we start looking for other people?

Felix: I guess.

For the rest of the day we relaxed, got caught up on sleep.

PV3OpM2.png

After we woke up and packed up all of our equipment we hear the radio buzz to life.

Radio: Dear survivors, if there is anyone out there, there is a small group of us held up in Rog castle. We are fighting this infection that has purged our lands and kill our families. We ask you to join us in arms, fight with us against this blight. We will only be here for three days and th- *static*

Jason: The Russians must be blocking transmissions again.. keep scanning, see if we cant get a hold of someone.

Felix: Alright.. they said Rog castle, for three days.. do you think we can make it there?

Jason: We can sure as hell try.

Felix: Well lets get moving then.

We start walking, taking the long way, around Stary Sober. We reach Guglovo by nightfall. As we near the town we hear a gunshot. We lay down in the tree line and try to find the person who shot.

Jason: Right there! See them? Let's go.

Felix: Hang on man.. something isn't right about this.

Jason: What do you mean? Its more survivors, we found what we are looking for.

We hear another gunshot, this time it was from the tree line we are in. We look back to the guy in town, he's laying on the ground, in a puddle of his own blood. Jason lays down and tries to stay calm.

Felix: We have to wait Jason.. if we can't trust anyone.. let's wait for them to show themselves then we approach them.

We lay in that spot for what seems like an eternity, then finally we see movement near the body. Two guys in camo approach the body and start searching it. We are only a mere 200 meters away, all I need is one good shot to wound one of these guys.

Jason: What are we going to do Felix?

Felix: We can try to talk to them.. but we can't be seen while we are doing it. What if i go over there, on the other side of the wall from them and try to talk to them while you sneak up behind them in-case they try anything. If they so much as pick up a gun, you have to kill them, okay Jason?

Jason: Okay.. let's do this.

I flank around to the opposite side of the wall from the two men. I peek around the corner and see Jason hiding behind a tree about 25 meters from the men.

Felix: Hello? Are you guys alight?

Man 1: Where are you?

I hear an AK start shooting, I can only hope its Jason then I hear a grunt and a scream as the men fall to the ground. The shooting stops and I run around to the other side of the wall and kick the guns away from the men. One man was dead, clean shot right through the forehead, the other man is badly wounded, two shots to the chest and one to the leg. I drag the man up against the wall so he can sit up.

Felix: Why did you kill that man?

Man 2: He stole our Deez Baked Beans :beans: and all *coughs up blood* the medical supplies we had left after we refused to help him.. we told him, we had to take care of our people before others..

Jason shoots the man in the chest a few more times and the man goes limp against the wall.

Felix: Let's get what we can off these guys and get out of here.

Jason doesn't respond he just starts picking the supplies off the three bodies, in the end we end up getting enough food and water to last us another three days and a vile of morphine and some more painkillers and bandages. We also picked up a CZ550 and two 5 round clips for it off one of the bandits we killed. That's what we called them, whether it was to justify our self's for killing them or because they killed that other guy we didn't know. We moved south during the night and set up camp somewhere in the woods. Jason suggested we should take turns staying up on watch, just in-case any zeds (what we started calling the infected people) came sneaking up on us. He took first watch.

It's about 3:30 am, it's my turn on watch duty, the forest is very eerie at night.. there aren't any noises.. no owls, no crickets, just pure silence. After a few hours Jason wakes up and tells me to get some shut eye before we move out. I fall asleep quickly next to the heat of the campfire.

**This is all I have for the time being. I will be writing more, just follow the post to get updates.**
*Find a typo? Have a suggestion? Feel free to PM me or comment showing me the typo or your suggestion.*

Day 10

Day 11

Day 12

Day 13

Day 14

Edited by MadWookie
  • Like 6

I want more.

Follow the topic :P

UPDATE: 

Finished Day 6

I have the feeling someone has a little too much time on his hands and quite possibly no girl-friend/wife!

I mean he hasn't updated in a bit, and like he said, he will work on more when he has time. Therefore your point is unlikely. :P

I have the feeling someone has a little too much time on his hands and quite possibly no girl-friend/wife!

Actually my girlfriend helped me pick out some of the names. :P

& I'm only 17, so yeah, I have a lot of time on my hands.

• Like 2

Actually my girlfriend helped me pick out some of the names. :P

& I'm only 17, so yeah, I have a lot of time on my hands.

My mrs would be having my guts for garters if I invested that much time in something she feels is trivial... Kudos kid... keep it up!

Fish

• Like 1

I want more.

More PLEASE

I think this is awesome. I hope you keep doing it

UPDATE:

Finished Day 7

UPDATE:

Finished Day 8

Finished Day 9

NOTES: If you like the book so far please follow the thread to keep posted on updates!

UPDATE:

Fixed several typos.