Sign in to follow this  
Widget (DayZ)

Loosing character

Hi guys-administrators. Today I am comming to you asking you about the statistics.Everyday I hear complains about loosing character data. Literally everyday. People are pissed, they also say that this situation take place only on our server but not on others private shards or even public servers. What's your statistics about it? Do you have same situation? Also post your provider, mine is FragNet.

Edited by Widget

I'm with Fragnet as well and running a Public - non-persistent server. We have had a few complain they lose their character on our server and we've been able to narrow almost all of them down to player's joining the server too fast after it restarts. Example: server time reading 08:00 after restart (but server start time is really 10:00) - player joins at 08:00 and will spawn new every time.

If its a persistent enabled server there could be issues with the persistence file on the said server. I know people sometimes have issues and need to restore the backup of the persistence file which could cause issues with a player who joined before the backup was taken. Things like that could cause issues possibly. 

I'm with Fragnet as well and running a Public - non-persistent server. We have had a few complain they lose their character on our server and we've been able to narrow almost all of them down to player's joining the server too fast after it restarts. Example: server time reading 08:00 after restart (but server start time is really 10:00) - player joins at 08:00 and will spawn new every time.

If its a persistent enabled server there could be issues with the persistence file on the said server. I know people sometimes have issues and need to restore the backup of the persistence file which could cause issues with a player who joined before the backup was taken. Things like that could cause issues possibly. 

Thanks for reply. I know and I warn everybody not to join too early. I am not saying about this case. Lot of guys lost their character when server was running for at least 10-20 minutes. In fact we have lot of aware players, they know procedures how not to loose their char but they do...few times now. That's why I am asking you if you have same.

We have persistence OFF because ON is still unplayable for most of people.

I just changed our server's start time tonight to 16:00 so we have 1 hour of darkness before a 4 hour restart. Two guys lost their stuff. One b/c he logged in too early  :lol: ...he knew better. The other logged in, logged out and logged back in quickly and his character reset.....kinda think that was a self-inflicted reset but it was odd and sorta fits what your guys are seeing. He was playing before all that for over an hour.