Sign in to follow this  
Noble Savage

a purists wishlist

Here is a list of ideas my friends and I came up with that we feel would dramatically improve the game and add to immersion, there were many more that have already been suggested so I have omitted, I am sure some or even all of these have been suggested before however I was unable to find them.

Notes, maps and books

Ability to write on used note paper, also ability to write on both sides

Ability to write on blank pages in books without removing them and the ability to insert notes into books

Ability to pin notes to certain surfaces, trees, doors etc

Ability to write/draw on maps

Animation for the reading of books/notes/maps with actual models for books/maps and notes, not overlay screen

Only able to read books, maps and notes at night with a light source (torch/candles/fire/flares/moonlight if clear and full moon?)

Voice/communication

Volume range for chat/voice similar to the ACRE system, whisper/talk/shout

Morse code button on radios

Nature

Sun rising in the east and setting in the west in real time as in Arma (day/night cycle can be set by server admins as it is now)

Accurately depicted lunar cycles with phases, crescent to full moon etc

Variable dynamic wind direction, clouds, dead leaves, rain, tall grass, weather vanes on church roofs etc move with the wind

Realistic oceanic tides, when the tide is out ability to forage for shellfish which takes us to...

Food and drink

Ability to store food in sealed plastic bags and refrigerate in ponds/streams to extend life

Vinegar and jars to pickle vegetables and fish, to preserve it and extend life

Salt to cure meat in order to preserve it and remove the need for cooking

Ability to air dry and/or smoke meat and fish, also to preserve it

Hot drinks, tea, coffee and cocoa and soups to help warm us up

Thermos flasks to keep hot drinks/soups hot

Medical

Crutches to aid walking with wounded leg and to speed healing

Slings for wounded arms, again to aid the healing process

Visible bandages, ointments and antiseptic creams for dressing wounds to aid healing

Ability to remove bullets/shrapnel from wounds using a sterilised knife to aid healing

Edited by Noble Savage
  • Like 4

I know its a bit of a necro post but i really like some of these suggestions, the one that lead me to your post was the Voice/communication idea, we could certainly use some form of toggle to be able to have private ingame conversations with others around.