Sign in to follow this  
sinnaman

Private Shards and 3PP/1PP Hives inter-usability

Hey folks,

just looking for an educated response to a thought that has puzzled me for the last few weeks. Our community is currently hosting a DayZ SA private master shard 3PP/1PP server. The private shard is a welcome change from the public hive as we can totally eliminate server-hoppers and ghosting.

My question is as follows; If our community were to purchase an additional server - a private SLAVE, and set this to 3PP:OFF - would it still be able to use the same hive/shard as the original 3PP:ON server?

Any insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sinnaman

Hey folks,

just looking for an educated response to a thought that has puzzled me for the last few weeks. Our community is currently hosting a DayZ SA private master shard 3PP/1PP server. The private shard is a welcome change from the public hive as we can totally eliminate server-hoppers and ghosting.

My question is as follows; If our community were to purchase an additional server - a private SLAVE, and set this to 3PP:OFF - would it still be able to use the same hive/shard as the original 3PP:ON server?

Any insight on this matter would be greatly appreciated! :)

Sinnaman

Moved to servers for you, might get a better response.

• Like 1

a private SLAVE is basically a server that has no hive it's self and uses your private server's hive. basically makes the two servers run the same hive :)