Sign in to follow this  
shokaloop

Can anyone help me with trying to host my own server on a server I already own?

Hey guys. I'm trying to figure out how to host my own DayZ Standalone server using a server I already own. Google is only showing me places I can go to rent a servers. Any information is welcome. 

You cannot. Server files are only available to the trusted server providers at this time. The devs don't want everyone to have access to the files during development. 

There's been no word on when these become available to public iirc, someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 2

Im pretty sure in the rezzed presentation dean said they were planning on steam workshop during beta, so probably around the same time for public server files.

That doesn't necessarily mean public server files, but it could be.

• Like 1

Im pretty sure in the rezzed presentation dean said they were planning on steam workshop during beta, so probably around the same time for public server files.

Yea, for what we assume to be mods not server files. Plus, that isn't until Q4 2015.

• Like 1

Well i did say probably. But what are users going to do with steam workshop mods if they dont have access to server files? If it were to be strictly installing mods on rented servers, I dont see how steam workshop would be usable. They would probably need a special mod browsing/installing tool to make that happen.