aphex187

My Vilayer EU server is now LU78 wth???

Got up this morning and my EU server has now been changed to LU78, all the name tags etc have gone and it's now on Regular instead of veteran!

Anyone else had this? Server been hacked or a glitch in the server cfg? Just updated my info again in the CP but it's still saying LU etc!

Thx guys!

I'm with Vilayer.com and mine hasn't changed, no. Send them a help ticket/email, I'm sure they'll sort it right out for you.

DO not try to change your server name day z staff has implemented a "naming" policy (check for an email from vilayer) that says servers must now be named in a certain way or thell be blacklisted in the next 24hr's so vi layer has gone through and fixed all the server name(at the expense of there own time) and changed the user cp so you cannot change things that will get you blacklisted

stef

Hey Jonesy!

Yeah i normally give John a PM but he's most probably in bed now, anyway sent them a ticket.

Wonder why this has happened though, i left it last night and i know some of the guys were playing into the early hours of this morning!

DO not try to change your server name day z staff has implemented a "naming" policy (check for an email from vilayer) that says servers must now be named in a certain way or thell be blacklisted in the next 24hr's so vi layer has gone through and fixed all the server name(at the expense of there own time) and changed the user cp so you cannot change things that will get you blacklisted

stef

Oh christ cheers stef! Haven't received any emails from Vilayer about this and even though i've changed text in the cfg file it hasn't changed it on the CP or on the actual server!

EDIT** Got the email!!!!!

I just got an e-mail about it. Everything on my server has changed - name, settings, etc. You can fix the settings without too much trouble. Buuutt.... some of the settings are locked now in the cfg file. You'll see what I mean.

I just got an e-mail about it. Everything on my server has changed - name' date=' settings, etc. You can fix the settings without too much trouble. Buuutt.... some of the settings are locked now in the cfg file. You'll see what I mean.

[/quote']

Well i changed what i could in the cfg but have now gone back in and changed them after what Stef has said *eek!

Not being funny but i don't really want LU, never encountered a game server in Luxem and i wanted something that people can remember ie UK, NL, EU etc.

The only thing i have changed is the difficulty from regular to veteran which has been set for over 45mins now yet it's changed in game but not on the CP?

I've noticed this in a Vilayer server i frequent AZ1.

I was ingame when the server reset and the settings were set to regular instead of veteran.

I hope the admin of that server switches it back to veteran because i don't like having beaners spot my camp from a km away using tags.

I've noticed this in a Vilayer server i frequent AZ1.

I was ingame when the server reset and the settings were set to regular instead of veteran.

I hope the admin of that server switches it back to veteran because i don't like having beaners spot my camp from a km away using tags.

The first thing i did even though it didn't show on the control panel for the server. Apparently one of the guys has stated it's not back on veteran.

On my server, I changed the settings back to Veteran. Are you saying that it's not working properly and nametags are still showing up?

I haven't had chance to check if the name tags are visible/not visible yet, I just can't see a setting to toggle them on/off. So Veteran will make the tags not visible, yeah?

Give it a while to update and the server tags should be off after switching to veteran.

Bit pissed tbh because the server was packed right into the early hours and frequented players coming on daily. Now with it being changed to LU (WHY!? haha!!) those people won't even know where the hell it's gone! I mean why change it because there are still EU servers in the server list.

Also that email wasn't very specific in the fact of what we can and can not change. I mean for me i want to change it to Welcome to Steam Group ARMA II DayZ UK/EU and then the server name back to EU81. Does anyone on here see that as a problem?? i'm scared to change anything now haha!! ;)

When I change the name of my server, I get like two server names in one and I can't seem to work it out :/.

I search my name and it comes up with an official DayZ hosted one with mine attached to it, check it out and let me know if you have any ideas please. Search "DayZ - UK78".

When I change the name of my server' date=' I get like two server names in one and I can't seem to work it out :/.

I search my name and it comes up with an official DayZ hosted one with mine attached to it, check it out and let me know if you have any ideas please. Search "DayZ - UK78".

[/quote']

Brb then

I can see it m8, is it set to 3rd on and CH off?

Btw did they change your UK tag to something else?

They changed the name name to "DayZ - UK | Vilayer.com", removing all the tags I added to it, yeah. And yeah, it is set to 3rd on and ch off.

I've put mine back to EU81 with my Steam Group name and it's now running that.

Best thing to do is contact Lee Benson either on the customer support team speak or on skype and text chat him to ask about settings if your worried about changing them hope this help's

also its now lu as they've moved to a new more powerful server farm and are providing better hardware and more player slots at a smaller price and also with the new tech can have less day z servers running on one box again increasing the performance we will get

I have a server with them also. Everything seems fine but my server location used to LU 59 now it only comes up with Country# . I am worried I will get black listed. Might have to send a ticket.

I have a server with them also. Everything seems fine but my server location used to LU 59 now it only comes up with Country# . I am worried I will get black listed. Might have to send a ticket.

best thing to do is contact lee directly as the black lists will be issued in 24-98 hr's so he may not see the ticket before then

Hello everyone,

Okay i will try to answer everyone enquires within here.

You do not have to have LU in the server name, you can have anything that conforms with the DayZ name convention.

You still have full access to everything of which you need access to.

The issue here is that if your server was not sorted within 24 - 96 hours it would have been blacklisted.

So we changed everything to ensure your server would not have been blacklisted and then emailed everyone.

Within that email i explained everything to all clients.

We're also now the only host to offer timechanges, With this inside of your configuration files you will see a changeservertime.bat of which you can edit.

We are the only host on the planet to offer such an ability.

So anyone who is having time change problems, please edit the time of which you want your server to start on and restart your server.

It's as simple as that.

If anyone has any questions what so ever, please come onto our Teamspeak i will be more than happy to answer any questions within there.

TS3 Address = ts3.vilayer.com

Best Regards,

Lee

Please also bear in mind that we are still rolling out updates on customers servers.

Best Regards,

Lee

Hey guys,

We've been trying to enforce a new naming policy for DayZ servers for about a month now. In the future any server not running on our new naming convention would not be able to connect to our central database. We've tried contacting most of vilayers servers owners ourselves, but only 3 of them replied and made the changes they were suppose to make. The rest never replied. We then contacted Lee.

Lee has gone further then the other GSP's, and has put a system in place that will automatically changes any settings on your servers to stay in compliance with DayZ guidelines and policy's. This new system that vilayer has put into place will assure that any of vilayers customers will not be blacklisted. If you need a refresher on the policy's, please re-read the agreement that all hosts had to agree to before getting an instance ID:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1o70yiSuNe-ENhKjzs3B7ECXoOf-KW8BYnwNGpVsHXss/edit

Its amazing how much anger there had been towards Vilayer, when all they are doing is HELPING us server admins!

Read the email and thank Vilayer for taking proactive steps to safeguard our servers.

Cheers guys.