CriticalNerd

How to find a Vehicle?

I've been playing for around 2 weeks now and I gotta say, except the occasional tractor and bicycle, we were unable to spot a vehicle to repair.

We've seen vehicles being driven but we are unable to spot one without an owner so we can repair it.

I've found out from the interactive maps where the spawning points of the vehicles are, but still, we haven't come across one yet.

So, how does one go about to look for a vehicle? Server hopping and a shitload of luck?

Thank you in advance.

Clans and groups of people, as well as the random vehicle hoarder, keeps them all.

Good luck finding one. I usually blow them up so they'll reappear somewhere else on the map for new people. Better than a clan having another trophy they keep parked next to a tree...

I know about vehicle hoarders and how much they suck but what the hell man, why do they have to be so greedy? Owning more pixels makes em feel better?

Anyways, the only option I have is go to X spot where Y vehicle spawns, server hop like crazy then switch spots to Z vehicle spawn and server hop again. Repeat until I find a vehicle. That's ridiculous.

For 3 weeks i found none, then in 1 day i found an old bike, a motor bike and 2 ATV, in 3 different places. It's just sheer luck.

Find a low pop server and go up the east side of the map. I found and repaired a minibus yesterday. Then found an ATV at the NEA

For 3 weeks i found none' date=' then in 1 day i found an old bike, a motor bike and 2 ATV, in 3 different places. It's just sheer luck.

[/quote']

Bikes, motorbikes and ATVs are not what I consider a viable vehicle since we have a group and we need room for everyone in it.

For 3 weeks i found none' date=' then in 1 day i found an old bike, a motor bike and 2 ATV, in 3 different places. It's just sheer luck.

[/quote']

Bikes, motorbikes and ATVs are not what I consider a viable vehicle since we have a group and we need room for everyone in it.

All right, but those may be good for scouting for other vehicles :D Anyway keep looking but avoid the most "popular" place like story sobor military, there's a skoda that spawn there but it will be probably found before you can say "waiting for character to create"

We have so far found 10 or so vehicles (four were in one place, we got attacked twice there so we had to leave them) only by scouring the northern and western edges of the map. I actually haven't found a single repairable car.

1. look on the map for possible location of clan camps

2. Search locations for camps

3. Find camp, choose a vehicle and drive away

4. ???

5. Profit

All the cheater admins / clan have tens of vehicles parked of map.

This mod has to have MORE vehicles. They should be more common.

This mod is about exploring. But 99% of the map doesnt spawn good loot and it takes ages to walk.

I've been playing for around 2 weeks now and I gotta say' date=' except the occasional tractor and bicycle, we were unable to spot a vehicle to repair.

We've seen vehicles being driven but we are unable to spot one without an owner so we can repair it.

I've found out from the interactive maps where the spawning points of the vehicles are, but still, we haven't come across one yet.

So, how does one go about to look for a vehicle? Server hopping and a shitload of luck?

Thank you in advance.

[/quote']

I think it's perfectly fine. I've never seen one being driven by anyone else, and don't think I've come across one that needs repairs (Don't think I would bother with it even if I did, unless the stuff to fix it is close by) but, I have found Three ready to go so far. A bus, a truck and an ATV. I've only played a week or so, so this is more than enough, it keeps it interesting when you do find one. No way should any more be added.

why add more? just stop vehicles saving off-map. Then the people who set up camps have to be a bit more clever where they put them and the vehicle hunters have a chance to find them.

i have been searching the wastes of cherno for a good couple months now..

in all my time i have found only a single bus crashed into the front of electros church, and a single ATV quad bike on empty, that after managing to fuel decided to flip over thin air and land on its side when i got too near a warehouse along the coast...

never seen a heli :-(

Helis don't spawn.

The vehicle maps are bullshit. All the vehicles I have found (8+) ATVs, Bus, Bike, and a UAZ were not on the vehicle maps I have found.

They are about to get alot more common now that they are wiping vehicles out of bounds.

Just don't get on a server that has "mandatory" patch downtime so the admins can run around on their vehicles that didn't disappear to recover the ones that have.

I thought they were impossible to find as well till last night. I have been playing for 2 weeks and I explore alot of the map... walking through forests and all kinds of uninhabited places . Last night we ran across a fully functional ATV up by the top right airbase, and then later on in the night we found a Perfectly new 4x4 . We took that bitch on a joyride through the airbase in the top left and raised all kinds of hell with it , lol everyone up there camping that night was droppin a deuce in their drawers when we came rolling in with our headlights on blasting the horn !! We aggroed all kinds of Zombs and everyone up there was shooting at us but somehow we got out of there alive...

Keep looking they are out there ......

What i'd like to know is, in the event you find a vehicle, and i log out, does the vehicle stay in the same place even if i save it? from what i have read tents are server based, but if you have a vehicle and you save it, no matter the server you log into, it'll be where you saved it at, do i have to worry about someone coming along and taking my vehicle while logged out?

My clan has found and fixed many vehicles. We have also lost most of them when all of us where logged out(and 1 spectacular crash from a m107 sniper). Anyone that finds a vehicle can drive it off, so finding good spots to hide them is essential. (WE DO NOT HIDE THEM OFF MAP!). The bicycle/ATV/off road truck are great for looking for more vehicles. But like everything in this game, don't get attached to your pixels. And the ATV flips over very easy, so watch yourself if driving one.... The save vehicle feature only helps if the server crashes, any player that moves a vehicle, it stays where they got out. And ridding in a vehicle that crashes(or has a front wheel shot out) can kill you, at the least you will be broken and bleeding.

If i save a vehicle and i log into a completely different server will the vehicle still be where i left it on the next server? I'm assuming the vehicle can only be found on the last server you were on in that case?

I've been playing for 2, maybe 3, weeks. I found my first vehicle today. I've ridden in one before, since I run with a clan from time to time but that hardly counts, since I didn't find them.

To the person who parked his off road pick up in the forest north of Stary....waaaaay to close to the road. Thank you. Your truck is safe.

i have been searching the wastes of cherno for a good couple months now..

in all my time i have found only a single bus crashed into the front of electros church' date=' and a single ATV quad bike on empty, that after managing to fuel decided to flip over thin air and land on its side when i got too near a warehouse along the coast...

never seen a heli :-(

[/quote']

hey i found that bus there too, wasnt working though, elsewhere no vehicles