Ham_Sandwich27

Remove "Change Magazine" from the hot menu

I just lost a 75 round drum while trying to open a door because of the stupid scroll menu. Tried to open door, clicling MMB cause the wrong item to be highlighted just before click, no 2x2 slot block in inventory open for 75 round drum, it disappears into the gorund somewhere. Utterly stupid. If people want to change magazines on the fly, that's what the R key is for. If they want to change mags for administrative reasons, that's what the inventory screen is for. The "change magazines" option in the hot menu is only ever in the way.

It's one thing to lose rare and useful gear to legitimate gameplay, it's another to lose it to clunky interface features and game bugs.

Edited by Ham_Sandwich27

The action menu is planned to be removed entirely or at least only left for special cases so I expect that will be the case once new controls come in.

• Like 1

Thank You...  I can't wait for that to be Deep SiX'ed , It's is so annoying. I can't tell you how many times i have been killed trying to close a door behind me and stopped  there in plain sight to start changing a magazine :)

The action menu is planned to be removed entirely or at least only left for special cases so I expect that will be the case once new controls come in.

That's good news. The action menu is one of the more clumbsy aspects of the ArmA series' intefaace system. It's deinfitley got to go.

Thank You...  I can't wait for that to be Deep SiX'ed , It's is so annoying. I can't tell you how many times i have been killed trying to close a door behind me and stopped  there in plain sight to start changing a magazine :)

Not to mention the stupidity of having to search for that one invisible spot on an object that enables the action menu item, then you have scroll around and find it, and hope you don't accidentally choose another option - one that will cost you dearly (like your life or an important item in your inventory). It's like playing russian roulette every time you want to interact with something.

There's areason why there's no other games out there with UIs like this.

I just lost a 75 round drum while trying to open a door because of the stupid scroll menu. Tried to open door, clicling MMB cause the wrong item to be highlighted just before click, no 2x2 slot block in inventory open for 75 round drum, it disappears into the gorund somewhere. Utterly stupid. If people want to change magazines on the fly, that's what the R key is for. If they want to change mags for administrative reasons, that's what the inventory screen is for. The "change magazines" option in the hot menu is only ever in the way.

It's one thing to lose rare and useful gear to legitimate gameplay, it's another to lose it to clunky interface features and game bugs.

I hope they remove a reload button along with the scroll menu. One of dayz's core elements is the crafting, combining and interacting system in the inventory. I think it represents real actions quite well.

I hope they remove a reload button along with the scroll menu. One of dayz's core elements is the crafting, combining and interacting system in the inventory. I think it represents real actions quite well.

Yeah, I'd be down with that. Changing magazines involves removing a magazine from your weapon, putting it in your gear, pulling out another magazine and inserting it into your weapon, so it makes sense to have players do that through the inventory. And I don't think the characters in DayZ are meant to be trained soldiers, so quick, insitctive mag (i.e. one button) changes should be off the table.

Edited by Ham_Sandwich27

I'm fine with the scroll menu...very ArmA-like, but I hate the change mag option hehehe...maybe you can just remove those and replace it with "R"