Sign in to follow this  
methr1k2dop3

Communication

I am not necessarily talking bout global chat.

but some way to reach out to people you have encountered to be able to team up.

I was on a random server/fresh spawn.

I have 5-6 zombies on me, i run up the police station all the way to the top and close the door. 

i here them all growling and snarling.

Then a guy walks up and asks if i could use his help.

He has a gun and i watch from top of the tower shoot 3-4 of them.

he walks up kills the one at the door.

I say thank you and tell him there is a group of assholes around killing people.

he asks me if i need anything

overall it was such a friendly experience.

We NEED more of this.

I guess ill just sit up at night and look at the moon hoping he is looking at the same time.

• Like 1

I agree. Of course you can always check pulse or add somebody on Steam but sometimes you don't get a chance. Sometimes you forget to check their name and the server restarts and you're forever separated. I once ran with a guy for a few hours and we had a blast. The server restarted and I forgot to get his name. I jumped back on hoping he'd be on there again. I resorted to firing my pistol in the air in regular intervals hoping he would hear it. Luckily he was nearby and he was clever enough to understand what I was doing so we were reunited. This is not always the case though. I recently encountered another friendly player while I was near death on a lootless section of the map. He killed the zombie that I had trapped on the roof of the police station, gave me some rice, a shotgun and about 30 rounds. Saved my life. Never saw him again.

But yeah, we need something to help us track down friendly players... Tire fires... Smoke signals... Bullhorns... Anything...

I guess the walkie-talkies are a step in the right direction. I also support the idea of global chat but I can understand why some players wouldn't want it. Breaks immersion and the feeling of isolation a bit and that's a big part of what makes encounters with other players such a thrill. Still, I think the benefits outweigh the drawbacks and I see no reason why players/servers couldn't disable global chat if they decide they don't want it.

I'm sure it will come in time.

• Like 1