Sign in to follow this  
andy-roo-13@hotmail.com

no message received

i just got this game and i want to know what to do about this.

When ever i join a server i will walk for like 1 min and it will say (no message received for X time). is that a error with the game or is it just my internet or pc. can someone plz help because i really want to play this game it looks so good.

i just got this game and i want to know what to do about this.

When ever i join a server i will walk for like 1 min and it will say (no message received for X time). is that a error with the game or is it just my internet or pc. can someone plz help because i really want to play this game it looks so good.

bump.

I get this every so often aswell.

As far as I can tell it's a comunication error between you and the server, but saying that I have no clue what is exactly is so I can't give a proper answer

It depends if it is the ArmA2 server/client or your Internet connection. Try running ping in background while you play, if it starts dropping at the same time when you get DC from server then it is your Internet connection. If it doesn't then something is wrong with your client and/or the servers you are playing on.

To run ping:

Start -> Run... -> type "cmd" without quotes -> type "ping google.com -t" without quotes -> Let it run and go play -> Cancel with CTRL+C when you're finished.

yeah its a problem with your internet, basically saying that you lost connection to the server and its been X amount of seconds since you got a transmission from the server.

solutions to this would be :

1) to switch to a faster internet connection

2) Use a Ethernet Cable instead of Wifi

3) Connect to servers closer to your location (Sort by Ping)

atleast thats what i came up with. some times this happens when the server resets also.

yeah its a problem with your internet, basically saying that you lost connection to the server and its been X amount of seconds since you got a transmission from the server.

atleast thats what i came up with. some times this happens when the server resets also.

Im having this problem on every single server, can somebody please help?

I have a very fast internet connection (I dont lag on ANY other game), I am using an ethernet cable and I do connect to servers closer to my location (usully around 30 or 70 ping). I've run out of ideas to fix this, Dayz is unplayable for me :/

If its the same thing I and many others are getting (http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/30238-no-message-received/#entry291942)

it is NOT the internet connection on our end, it never reconnects to the server no matter how long you leave it, Ping and connection stable and never does it on other games.

Have friends with exactly the same problem as well.

• Like 1