Sign in to follow this  
Yawdarious

Persistence. Splain it to me

Long story short, I want to hunt helicopters, but persistent servers are bugged to crap with em. How can I go about finding a non persistent one (how do I know if a server is persistent or not besides the server name) ty to anyone who can help me. Gonna go get taco bell breakfast. Better have some answers when I get back. I'll save some food for you.

Why would anyone still play on persistance servers right now, I really don't get it.

Bastard, would love some taco bell as well :o

Solution for me, write "off" in server search, just join persitance off servers (see server name).

Edited by re-patch
  • Like 1

Well it does say in name if persis. is on. However, like you stated in O.P., the system is bugged and no one who has control over a server should have it turned on.

But they don't put that in title, so stay away from the official server sites and go with the "personalized name" ones.

That's handy. I guess there is really no definitive way to know for certain?

You find loot --> off, you don't find loot --> on :P :P :P

JK, sorry, I'm not sure, there's probably a way to see in the config/logs after you joined a server, but to know it before (on serverlist screen), I don't know (but I don't think there is a way).

Edited by re-patch

Why would anyone still play on persistance servers right now, I really don't get it.

Bastard, would love some taco bell as well :o

Solution for me, write "off" in server search, just join persitance off servers (see server name).

Lol yeah, persistance in my opinion is ridiculous. The good things get picked and all that is left are hardhat helmets and crappy items. On Persistant servers I usually can't find a single military jacket in any of the military-loot areas. I'm dead serious, I even die out in the coast cause no food has respawned

Lol yeah, persistance in my opinion is ridiculous. The good things get picked and all that is left are hardhat helmets and crappy items. On Persistant servers I usually can't find a single military jacket in any of the military-loot areas. I'm dead serious, I even die out in the coast cause no food has respawned

You are completely right, it's just ridiculous, I hope they are working on it.

Really, I work every day until the evening, then I have a few hours to play... of course what I'm looking forward to is looting 2.5 hours for two cans of food and nine barracks without any military loot whatsoever.

Seriously, I wouldn't even play on the persistance servers if I had all day for it, how can anyone be so loyal to that game? (and that coming from someone who started standalone only a few months ago and now has 1000+ hours...)

cheers :)

Edited by re-patch
  • Like 1

I haven't played on persistent servers but I am surprised to hear that loot doesn't spawn at all.  This clearly needs to be fixed as all the good items are going to be taken and eventually ruined.  All food is going to be eaten, all ammo shot, etc.

After about 2 days straight on a persistence enabled server I can tell you that loot most definitely is spawning, it may get picked thru in spots but things seemed to be decaying/respawning as they should (not saying the time values for decay don't need tweaking but ...) People seem to get pissed they can't get decked out in full military gear after they hop the barracks 10 times and say the system is completely broken.  I didnt get decked out with gear by any means but by the time I hit vybor I had a hunter pack, hunter pants, police jacket, a mosin, 2 clips and enough food to last me a couple days so don't say loot isn't spawning at all.

• Like 1

After about 2 days straight on a persistence enabled server I can tell you that loot most definitely is spawning, it may get picked thru in spots but things seemed to be decaying/respawning as they should (not saying the time values for decay don't need tweaking but ...) People seem to get pissed they can't get decked out in full military gear after they hop the barracks 10 times and say the system is completely broken.  I didnt get decked out with gear by any means but by the time I hit vybor I had a hunter pack, hunter pants, police jacket, a mosin, 2 clips and enough food to last me a couple days so don't say loot isn't spawning at all.

Cool, you had luck. Me and my friend played a week or so on a persistant server without knowing so. We kept coming across strange places, houses full of books, clothing and useless items etc.

We looted every single airfield and military installation, and all I found was a Flecktarn Boonie hat, in fact the North West (International?) Airport was completely empty, literaly there was nothing, same with Balota.

It's well known that Persistance is not working as it should, if you don't belive me check areas you've been to after server restart and tell me any loot spawned. It really doesn't. Not even food or clothing, it's awful.

I don't aim to get full decked out Spetsnaz gear in 2 hours, but maybe in a few days would be nice. To reward me, cause I play alone 90% of the time and still loot military instalations. Leaving the place empty handed is really a massive dissappointment.

• Like 1

HOW THE FUCK ARE YOU GOING TO GO TO TACO BELL AND NOT OFFER TO GET US ALL FOOD?!!!!!!!!!

:P

im kidding of course.. 

And it looks like you got help on the server issue already.. hope that toxic hell was a good choice. Right around Dinner you may rethink it.. ;)

Hehe....is this a lil taste of whats gonna happen when loot gets properly rare....its gonna be hard to find anything in the end guys ;)

Could this just be the loot respawn bug? Like because it only respawns in some buildings.....and they aren't mill....then its not properly refreshing loot at those sites. Where as non persistent servers refresh loot on restart so its not an issue....basically there might not be anything up with persistence....just the loot respawn bug effecting those server worse due to persistence being on??

Cool, you had luck. Me and my friend played a week or so on a persistant server without knowing so. We kept coming across strange places, houses full of books, clothing and useless items etc.

We looted every single airfield and military installation, and all I found was a Flecktarn Boonie hat, in fact the North West (International?) Airport was completely empty, literaly there was nothing, same with Balota.

It's well known that Persistance is not working as it should, if you don't belive me check areas you've been to after server restart and tell me any loot spawned. It really doesn't. Not even food or clothing, it's awful.

I don't aim to get full decked out Spetsnaz gear in 2 hours, but maybe in a few days would be nice. To reward me, cause I play alone 90% of the time and still loot military instalations. Leaving the place empty handed is really a massive dissappointment.

With persistence on there shouldn't be new loot respawning with a server restart, thats the point .. And I have looked, after a server restart the same loot is there after as was there before as it should be.  Items all have a degrade timer, they sit there for so long then they poof and something else can spawn.  Like I said, I agree with you things are picked thru in most places and the system (degradation time maybe) definitely needs some tweaking but those that claim the whole system is just "broken" are just angry and ranting.

With persistence on there shouldn't be new loot respawning with a server restart, thats the point .. And I have looked, after a server restart the same loot is there after as was there before as it should be.  Items all have a degrade timer, they sit there for so long then they poof and something else can spawn.  Like I said, I agree with you things are picked thru in most places and the system (degradation time maybe) definitely needs some tweaking but those that claim the whole system is just "broken" are just angry and ranting.

Yeah it's not broken, it's just inheritantly bad lol. A system with no reward ..

wrong i have persistence on on my server and the loot is fine.

Yeah it's not broken, it's just inheritantly bad lol. A system with no reward ..

Actually it's simply unfinished ( Alpha reminder here! ). Loot is indeed respawning, the loot piles are the proof. Now we need to wait until they implement loot distribution and things will look smoother again.