cheeseburger8

More "natural" movements.

How many of you have been killed by how "robotic" your characters move?

Ex: Someone tells you to put your hands up, and you do. You try to knock them out, and in order to do that, you have to put your hands down, right? Well, the DayZ guy always takes, like, 5 seconds to put his hands down, giving said bandit to take you out before you can do anything. Since this game wants to be so "realistic", I think that the developers need to make the movements more natural. I think in real life, I would put my hands down faster, my fists up faster, and I would prevail.

Who agrees?

• Like 1

Good idea but it's going to be snipped and moved to the other thread, which has the same idea. I totally agree, but you have to remember, they still haven't even fully finished the engine so this will be added later

• Like 1

Good idea but it's going to be snipped and moved to the other thread, which has the same idea. I totally agree, but you have to remember, they still haven't even fully finished the engine so this will be added later

Which other thread? Good point, btw, about that it will be added later. I didn't even think about that.

How many of you have been killed by how "robotic" your characters move?

Ex: Someone tells you to put your hands up, and you do. You try to knock them out, and in order to do that, you have to put your hands down, right? Well, the DayZ guy always takes, like, 5 seconds to put his hands down, giving said bandit to take you out before you can do anything. Since this game wants to be so "realistic", I think that the developers need to make the movements more natural. I think in real life, I would put my hands down faster, my fists up faster, and I would prevail.

Who agrees?

This so much. One of the reason ARMA games (even the new one) don't feel quite right is the animations.

Edited by ValentinBk
  • Like 1

To me all animations are like slow motion, maybe with the exception of gun recoil, and this does not match the survival and stressful setting where someone wants to do things quickly!

Simply revving the animation up by say 50  to 100% would make it less immersion breaking slow and less nerve wrecking slow.

Edited by Troll_Hunter