Sign in to follow this  
Paxom (DayZ)

Where tomato greenhouses close to East coast?

Hi, I am Paxom.

Where are tomato greenhouses closest to new spawn points, on the east side of the map? May be south-east?

I didn't figure out yet how to locate greenhouses on dayzdb map, so I am asking. (If you know how, please do tell.)

Also I was very surprised to find out that Dolina doesn't have single greenhouse, for instance.

Currently I am looking for place to build Sanctuary Base Camp, as on the way to Sanctuary Outpost, which is very far west.

Pustoshka is a good spot for mid-camp, with tomato greenhouses and cows for meat nearby, but its kinda too west.

• Like 1

I think Gorka could be what you are looking for. Now from memory there is a green house there, but I can't be entirely sure (and I'm not in a position to confirm), but aside from that It has a police station, a medical hut, cow shed and a mix of different residential houses. It has cows roaming on the hillside to the West, forests for cover to the North and South and a supermarket to the SE just over 1km away at Polana, or if you like a little more danger to the East in Berezino.

The negative with the place is that it's quite a busy road as those working their way from Berezino inland towards the Sobor's and then the military loot further West. However this is offset a little because the way the geography works, going East to West through Gorka is uphill, so you will be able to take the higher ground and watch for other players travelling through the town.

Wasn't there some problem with tomatoes (from greenhouses or in general?) giving either no water or no energy?

I remember someone saying that in TS when they were eating lots of them, but it made no big difference. Can someone confirm this further?

Wasn't there some problem with tomatoes (from greenhouses or in general?) giving either no water or no energy?

I remember someone saying that in TS when they were eating lots of them, but it made no big difference. Can someone confirm this further?

0.50 stable:  One Fresh Tomato gives you 18 energy, and 105 water. So tomato bush with 13 tomatoes - 234 energy, and 1365 water.

I think Gorka could be what you are looking for. Now from memory there is a green house there, but I can't be entirely sure (and I'm not in a position to confirm), but aside from that It has a police station, a medical hut, cow shed and a mix of different residential houses. It has cows roaming on the hillside to the West, forests for cover to the North and South and a supermarket to the SE just over 1km away at Polana, or if you like a little more danger to the East in Berezino.

The negative with the place is that it's quite a busy road as those working their way from Berezino inland towards the Sobor's and then the military loot further West. However this is offset a little because the way the geography works, going East to West through Gorka is uphill, so you will be able to take the higher ground and watch for other players travelling through the town.

"Life is a paradox, and it doesn't make much sense ..."    © Madonna.

There are no greenhouses in Gorka, and I have made 2 sweeps, just in case I miss anything.

Police Station is always empty, prolly to high traffic thats ok  nwm.

But still Gorka is not camp site.  So sad.

"Life is a paradox, and it doesn't make much sense ..."    © Madonna.

There are no greenhouses in Gorka, and I have made 2 sweeps, just in case I miss anything.

Police Station is always empty, prolly to high traffic thats ok  nwm.

But still Gorka is not camp site.  So sad.

None? Hmm.. sorry about that, for some reason I thought there was. 

There are at least two in Berizino that I was using last night. I think they were Northwest of the hospital on the West side. There seemed to be plenty of lime and seeds in the nearby sheds as well.

Edited by WolfgangErikson

There are at least two in Berizino that I was using last night. I think they were Northwest of the hospital on the West side. There seemed to be plenty of lime and seeds in the nearby sheds as well.

Thanks, thats perfect!   Base Camp  in a war zone,   how exiting!

I'll check it out asap.

Olsha (sp?), just up the hill from the Svetlo petrol station, has loads of greenhouses. Loads.

There's a whole allotment area on the north-western edge of the village.

Thanks, thats perfect!   Base Camp  in a war zone,   how exiting!

I'll check it out asap.

They might be in one of two locations there. I'll try and describe them so you can find it easier.

Looking at the Dayzdb map, you'll see the grocery store, and follow the white road (on the north of town) west. toward the end of that road there should be one in the middle of a chain linked field on the north side, and another against a house on the south-side.

If that's not right, follow the the road going SW of the grocery store, past the hospital. Before you get to that T-intersection, look for the chain link field on your right, and the one against a house on your left.

I hope that helps you find them. If they aren't exactly where I described, just look around the houses on the north and west sides of Berizino, eventually you should find them.