Sign in to follow this  
therandomredstone

Aim Swaying?

My problem is, I never use my magnum, but yesterday, my assault vest was almost ruined and I was being chased by three zombies, two civilian and one army, if I got hit even once more in the chest my vest might of became ruined. So I said, "why not" and pulled out my fully loaded magnum. I killed all three zombies no problem, but the problem that kind of scared me. is my gun was "swaying" when I was aiming down. I watched a video on YouTube where someone was using a magnum, and there's was perfectly still. no swaying. Is there any key I'm forgetting to press, or should I be crouched before I want to get an accurate shot on someone/something?

Edited by kichilron
Fixed Font.

Its an injury status effect, from the sounds of it.

Pain is accompanied by excessive screen shaking which makes aiming very difficult. Currently, shaking is only seen while in first person view. In third person view the screen will not shake, however the crosshairs and aiming are still affected. The player will also groan every few seconds.

Pain is caused when the player takes damage, it has a chance to proc on any type of damage including falling, Zombie hits, or gun shot wounds.

Pain is cured by Painkillers and Splints

Edited by Steak and Potatoes

Its an injury status effect, from the sounds of it.

Thank you. Is there a status effect to go along with "pain?" I know there is a status effect for a broken limb/fracture.

Thank you. Is there a status effect to go along with "pain?" I know there is a status effect for a broken limb/fracture.

Most common would be shaking, you can also open your inventory and check for any effects applied to your character.  Here is the list you can review.

Most common would be shaking, you can also open your inventory and check for any effects applied to your character.  Here is the list you can review.

painkillers really work? or only in .51? i didnt know that

painkillers really work? or only in .51? i didnt know that

Yes painkillers currently work as of the 0.50 patch. But there are curtain things painkillers wont fix. But what they do fix, is pain (hence the name)

• Like 1

Yes painkillers currently work as of the 0.50 patch. But there are curtain things painkillers wont fix. But what they do fix, is pain (hence the name)

do you think painkillers would fix the broken arm bug? maybe the broken arm bug could just be some hidden "my arm is in pain"

i will try that today and post it here.

do you think painkillers would fix the broken arm bug? maybe the broken arm bug could just be some hidden "my arm is in pain"

i will try that today and post it here.

Unfortunately if the game says "broken arm" no matter if you actually broke your arm or not, that's what it says, and since painkillers don't fix broken arms, if this one is buggy as you claim it to be, it still will not be fixed with painkillers.

Unfortunately if the game says "broken arm" no matter if you actually broke your arm or not, that's what it says, and since painkillers don't fix broken arms, if this one is buggy as you claim it to be, it still will not be fixed with painkillers.

there is a bug that doesnt show your fracture even tho your arm is broken/in pain, not too many people know this bug, you should look into that.

Edited by Axezeroone

My advice is just remember the default sway. If you're in doubt if your arm is broken, usually it doesn't show the status, just stay still for a minute to catch your breath and your sway to calm down. Try aiming and you'll find out easily if your arm is broken or not. I always carry an extra splint incase I get in a fight.

• Like 1

Ok, I didn't Play for a while and today I logged in. (Some new things, saw a driving truck! yeah! :D )

But one thing bothers me. It's the "new sway" of my character. Have it all the time. So I used a morphine injector, in case of a fracture, but that didn't help. Then I found this thread and read about pain. The next thing I did ingame was to use a splint. (--> Pain is cured by Painkillers and Splints). But that also didn't help. So... is this sway normal?

Made a short video to show you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvYwalUpkJM&feature=youtu.be

That isnt normal weapon sway or phantom broken arm sway.  Its a phantom status effect from being cold.  Sit by a fire for a few seconds and it will go away.