Sign in to follow this  
UKA Harrysoon

Took me most of the night to get over this

My team mate was killed and I soon realised I was surrounded in the jail at the NWAF. Thought I was doing alright being patient, but then was caught by surprise as I took my attention off the stairs for a split second and in a panic wasn't aiming straight. Was kicking myself for the rest of the night with my stupid mistake.

The sound glitches for whatever reason for a minute or so in the video, apologies.

Edited by Euphobia
  • Like 1

My team mate was killed and I soon realised I was surrounded in the jail at the NWAF. Thought I was doing alright being patient, but then was caught by surprise as I took my attention off the stairs for a split second and in a panic wasn't aiming straight. Was kicking myself for the rest of the night with my stupid mistake.

The sound glitches for whatever reason for a minute or so in the video, apologies.

Use crosshairs next time, it isn't a run and gun game. Just a word of advice. :)

Use crosshairs next time, it isn't a run and gun game. Just a word of advice. :)

Yea, don't know why I didn't take the time to aim properly and just panicked instead. Annoyed with everything I did in this video, but can also learn from it, too.

Where would have been more ideal?

I applaud you for having the humility to share your mistake. I'm no PVP expert by any means but it did seem you took your sights off the stairs quite frequently (your primary point of entry for assailants). I can see you were probably looking around for other possible targets (out the window and whatnot) but knowing there was someone downstairs I'd have suggested keeping your sights trained on those stairs. 

Wrong position.

I could be wrong but I'd guess the other side of the stairs might have been better. It might have put a little more distance between you and your target (accuracy) but where you were they knew you were there. If you were behind the stairs there would have been a 50/50 chance they wouldn't have seen you coming up. Additionally if you were behind the stairs you could train your sights on both the stairs and the room where people could have been logging in or something. Lastly you would have been away from the window where you may have been sniped. 

Another suggestion could have been in the room itself looking out the doorway to shoot people as they came up. This position would have probably been more of a surprise since most people either linger atop the stairs or on the other side of them as previously mentioned. The problem here would have been that you would lose sight of your enemy if they got up the stairs and ran to the other side (previously mentioned position) before you killed/disabled them.

Just my opinion, take it with a grain of salt. I'm curious to see what other people suggest.

• Like 2

Where would have been more ideal?

the other side of the stairs might have been better
  • Like 1

I applaud you for having the humility to share your mistake. I'm no PVP expert by any means but it did seem you took your sights off the stairs quite frequently (your primary point of entry for assailants). I can see you were probably looking around for other possible targets (out the window and whatnot) but knowing there was someone downstairs I'd have suggested keeping your sights trained on those stairs. 

I'm all for learning from my mistakes. I wasn't going to make a video out of the footage, but thought I could learn from it despite some embarrassing mistakes made. Thanks for the input too, checking the windows was to try and see if there was anyone else around as I knew where the main guy was, but when I learnt there was a sniper looking in too, I got a bit too caught up trying to look for him. 

• Like 1

If there was a threat from the window too you should probably get into the room (with beds).

Eh, he was using the "crosshairs" (the little dot). I guess you meant the ironsight.

Yea, don't know why I didn't take the time to aim properly and just panicked instead. Annoyed with everything I did in this video, but can also learn from it, too.

Haha, you did fine. I would have done much worse in your situation!

• Like 1