Sign in to follow this  
stielhandgranate

shemagh: why and an easy way to implement it

The shemagh, also known as a Keffiyeh is a scarf that gained popularity in North American,East Asian and European society during the recent conflict in the middle east. It would make a great article of clothing that would have a civilian and military counterpart. While many American and European military issues these scarfs to deploying personnel, they have become commonplace with the "hipster crowd" in non military circles. How could this be quickly implemented? Use the ArmA 3 shemagh as a base as was done with the press vest, FNX pistol, and other items.

arma3-pc_uq1bq.jpg

What versions can it come in? Many, as seen here:

662825116_o.jpg

In game this item should work like the bandana. Right click in menu for headwarp mode or scarf mode.Tan,green and light green versions should be restricted to military bases, while colors like red,yellow and grey should spawn in city apartment buildings or stores.

• Like 11

It should be relatively easy to add in because it was in the bandit skin in the mod

• Like 1

No this isn't human anatomy leviski

It certainly should make the zombies smell you easier.

As for the scarf thing are they common in rural Russia?

If not don't add it.

It certainly should make the zombies smell you easier.

If not don't add it.

Are M4 carbines and US tactical gear common in Russia.? Well...we're about to have a lot of Russian stuff in America if we don't figure diplomacy out lol.

It should be relatively easy to add in because it was in the bandit skin in the mod

Lol.. you obviously have no idea how clothing in the mod worked..

Let me explain.. In the mod, you would have an entire "skin" or clothing as most people call it. It was unchangeable with the exception of squad XMLs showing on the arm patch. Now, this is what a skin in the mod looks like.

BdzcZ.jpg

I just used that one because it was the first one I found. Now, as for the shemagh going into standalone, that would take a little work, they can't just bring it right over from the mod because clothing no longer works like that. They would have to make a new object, same thing with almost everything else in SA vs. Mod.

EDIT: Thats not exactly a clothing but you get the point.

Edited by MadWookie

Just as common as Cowboy hats. These things are commercially available in East Europe.

good idea but the first photo is a bit weird... if u dont read the text before

Lol.. you obviously have no idea how clothing in the mod worked..

Let me explain.. In the mod, you would have an entire "skin" or clothing as most people call it. It was unchangeable with the exception of squad XMLs showing on the arm patch. Now, this is what a skin in the mod looks like.

BdzcZ.jpg

I just used that one because it was the first one I found. Now, as for the shemagh going into standalone, that would take a little work, they can't just bring it right over from the mod because clothing no longer works like that. They would have to make a new object, same thing with almost everything else in SA vs. Mod.

EDIT: Thats not exactly a clothing but you get the point.

Hello there

It wasnt just a texture, but also a different model from a "bare headed man" too.

In the SA there is a different way to model as the hats etc are not part of the original mesh rather a stand alone mesh.

Everything in game is *easy* to implement but does it work and does it work well? Will there be clipping issues with other items? Will the mesh deform correctly in all stances? Theres a whole host of issues to consider before implementing an item.

That said I can see them making an appearance but its not a case of "they in teh mod y no in SA?"

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

Why not, they look kinda cool  ^_^