Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

Barracks glasses and penetration

So far I've been shooting through barracks glasses with no success. We found one guy in the barracks and my friend stood in front of the window, the guy started going full auto on him with an AK74 and a couple of bullets went through and hit him.. how often does this happen to you guys? Is it a "bug"? I've never had a single bullet penetrate the glass myself.

Bullet penetration seems to be in a very early stage - there seem to be few objects that can actually be penetrated everything else is made out of adamantium. I hope this will change at some point.

Bullet penetration seems to be in a very early stage - there seem to be few objects that can actually be penetrated everything else is made out of adamantium. I hope this will change at some point.

But if I actually knew what is made of what it'd be easier. I thought windows were made of adamantium, but today I've found out otherwise..

Always thought the barracks windows were bulletproof glass.. Been shot at numerous times through the window, but always got away clean when I'd play dead and shoot them when they'd come through the door.

You must be new to dayz because I'm pretty sure no glass or walls have ever had any penetration by bullets. Which is extremely ironic with the zombies clipping walls still. So it's very well known and will be fixed.

Also search for the post before about it.

You must be new to dayz because I'm pretty sure no glass or walls have ever had any penetration by bullets. Which is extremely ironic with the zombies clipping walls still. So it's very well known and will be fixed.

Also search for the post before about it.

And you must be a child with that sort of reading comprehension.

So my advice to you is to read before replying.

Edited by Infiltrator

Sorry... Well that was an extreme anomaly. You are the first and only person I've ever heard of getting a bullet through an object in Dayz. So yes, it's probably the server client architecture glitch and the bullet only passed due to de sync.

So I stand behind my statement that the way the current engine works, bullets don't really go through items.

So you were right it's a glitch.