Sign in to follow this  
Count_Grishnackh

Bear/Wolf pelts

OK so bear pelts are going to be included in 0.51 exp i think...

Can we PLEASE get bear and wolf coats and more importantly bear and wolf /headdresses?

Id love to role play a viking raider type XD

tumblr_lschk4abX11r11eeh.png

• Like 2

OK so bear pelts are going to be included in 0.51 exp i think...

Can we PLEASE get bear and wolf coats and more importantly bear and wolf /headdresses?

Id love to role play a viking raider type XD

tumblr_lschk4abX11r11eeh.png

I was not aware that vikings wore furs or headdresses into battle...

But hey, anything that might lead to the establishment of barbaric tribes that raid the local towns for worthy sacrifices to Odin I'll support

Edited by Bad Company
  • Like 3

This game is Sp0o0o0ky enough without some guy in a Bear outfit  running at me with a shotgun ,  But i think it's a Great idea , I could use some Bunny slippers :)

• Like 2

I was not aware that vikings wore furs or headdresses into battle...

But hey, anything that might lead to the establishment of barbaric tribes that raid the local towns for worthy sacrifices to Odin I'll support

I doubt they did, maybe their elders or mystic or something?

MAN..

COUNT SOMEWHAT.

Pump your brakes, kid!

OK, so I'm calm again. I am just a Western fan, and when you say, that Vikings + bear-pelt = this picture...  > :(

Ok.

ok.

chill.

chill.

Story-time:

this man is from the movie "true grit".

The Coen brothers didn't really want to have him in the film, and when he managed to finally convince them, they didn't want to give him a lot of on-screen-time.

what did Ed Corbin do?

Get a bear-pelt, and ttaaaalkk veeerryy slooowwwllyyy :D

jeff-bridges-photography-true-grit-ed-co

This game is Sp0o0o0ky enough without some guy in a Bear outfit  running at me with a shotgun ,  But i think it's a Great idea , I could use some Bunny slippers  :)

If a bear-man would run @me in DayZ, I'd shoot his legs and then hang him high.

true10grit4705.jpg

Edited by irishroy
  • Like 1

Lol, my apologies

I'll spend a few hours researching before I post anything in this forum ever again... wouldn't want anyone else to have a heart attack :P

Lol, my apologies

I'll spend a few hours researching before I post anything in this forum ever again... wouldn't want anyone else to have a heart attack :P

No problemo ;)

I was just exaggerating, because it's just the fact, that this Bear Man was brought in combination with Vikings *gnaargh*

Edited by irishroy

No problemo ;)

I was just exaggerating, because it's just the fact, that this Bear Man was brought in combination with Vikings *gnaargh*

haha I know dude..

But you gotta admit, he would make a good viking/barbarian xD

haha I know dude..

But you gotta admit, he would make a good viking/barbarian xD

that's true. But I wonder, if vikings really wore animal-heads as trophies, etc.

I don't see why not, to me wearing a bears emptied head on your own head would be the "accomplished survivor" look which is way more appealing to me than the "guy who just shoots people all the time" look, you know it, hunting backpack, ballistic helm, high cap vest or the assault vest, AKM or M4.

It's the look I'd want to get since hunting intersts me more than any PVP, although I hope bears and wolves become worthy foes.

I don't want to be military badass man I want to be grizzly survivor man who kills grizzlies with axes! (I will not stop until I manage that if bears get added)

If a bear challenged you and you won why the hell wouldn't you wear it's skin?

I don't see why not, to me wearing a bears emptied head on your own head would be the "accomplished survivor" look which is way more appealing to me than the "guy who just shoots people all the time" look, you know it, hunting backpack, ballistic helm, high cap vest or the assault vest, AKM or M4.

It's the look I'd want to get since hunting intersts me more than any PVP, although I hope bears and wolves become worthy foes.

I don't want to be military badass man I want to be grizzly survivor man who kills grizzlies with axes! (I will not stop until I manage that if bears get added)

If a bear challenged you and you won why the hell wouldn't you wear it's skin?

Actually, wolves wouldn't be thaaat much of a problem, if they would be translated from reallife into DayZ as close as possible.

Humans are not their "usual" prey, so not even almost starving wolves would attack humans, since the wolves were not taught that humans are "edible".

Most attacks on humans (by wolves) were either caused by "rabies", or by simply showing aggressive behaviour and/or making the wolf feel he is trapped ;)

Bears are something different´, tho xD

Edited by irishroy

Actually, wolves wouldn't be thaaat much of a problem, if they would be translated from reallife into DayZ as close as possible.

Humans are not their "usual" prey, so not even almost starving wolves would attack humans, since the wolves were not taught that humans are "edible".

Most attacks on humans (by wolves) were either caused by "rabies", or by simply showing aggressive behaviour and/or making the wolf feel he is trapped ;)

Bears are something different´, tho xD

Well, their behaviours would change when they have a lot less humans to worry about as well as depending on how long the apocalypse has went on for, the landscape definitely doesn't suggest days.

So it's quite possible wolves would have adapted to not being scared of humans, a lot of animals do when they get larger numbers I think cougars are a fairly recent example.

I think it would be cool if you got packs of wolves and solitary wolves that observe you and run off to get their pack to stalk and eventually attack you or maybe they could be tameable with meat. Of course it would never be that simple in reality but companion animals are planned and how else is that going to work?

If not just threats for players they should actively hunt down other animals, which as the server goes on is very dangerous with limited food supplies and reproduction.

Anyway I think pelts would be great not just for wearing but for base design, bear skin rugs and such you could really personlize your base with things like that.

Maybe they could even add effigies in just to freak people out or make them think someone has a base nearby that'd be funny :P

• Like 1

Well, their behaviours would change when they have a lot less humans to worry about as well as depending on how long the apocalypse has went on for, the landscape definitely doesn't suggest days.

So it's quite possible wolves would have adapted to not being scared of humans, a lot of animals do when they get larger numbers I think cougars are a fairly recent example.

I think it would be cool if you got packs of wolves and solitary wolves that observe you and run off to get their pack to stalk and eventually attack you or maybe they could be tameable with meat. Of course it would never be that simple in reality but companion animals are planned and how else is that going to work?

If not just threats for players they should actively hunt down other animals, which as the server goes on is very dangerous with limited food supplies and reproduction.

Anyway I think pelts would be great not just for wearing but for base design, bear skin rugs and such you could really personlize your base with things like that.

Maybe they could even add effigies in just to freak people out or make them think someone has a base nearby that'd be funny :P

that's true, yes.

But let's say the Apo happened ~1-3 years ago. During this time, wolves may have adapted to humans.

the thing is: Most or many humans during this time were armed with either firearms OR melee-weapons, I believe.

So wolves would learn: Human= not their usual prey. Let's try to hunt it down. Oh, they have "weapons" and can fight back better than wolves. => Humans are tough enemies/prey. Maybe leave them alone, not hunt them down, or only when the wolves are in quite a large number.

(that's my way of thinking)

but it could also be the other way around: Wolves get used to humans and collect them into their prey-group.

but anyway ;)

Doesn't matter if wolves would be dangerous or not, a howl in the distance with an answer would always be "bone-chilling".

Edited by irishroy

But actually, it was not uncommon for vikings to use animal pelts on their heads. Especially for the viking berserkers. Here is an intresting documentary about it: http://vidbull.com/ed6nhfml85ix.html (The Pelt part becomes starts at 21:00 min)

Enjoy...

And i hope they start to bring those pelts in....

• Like 1

DayZ should completely reorganize the wilderness and expand it. Add more survival aspects too. So we can have skilled woodsman that know their way around the forest and can live off the land and have bandits/scavengers in the urban areas.

that's true, yes.

But let's say the Apo happened ~1-3 years ago. During this time, wolves may have adapted to humans.

the thing is: Most or many humans during this time were armed with either firearms OR melee-weapons, I believe.

So wolves would learn: Human= not their usual prey. Let's try to hunt it down. Oh, they have "weapons" and can fight back better than wolves. => Humans are tough enemies/prey. Maybe leave them alone, not hunt them down, or only when the wolves are in quite a large number.

(that's my way of thinking)

but it could also be the other way around: Wolves get used to humans and collect them into their prey-group.

but anyway ;)

Doesn't matter if wolves would be dangerous or not, a howl in the distance with an answer would always be "bone-chilling".

Well, there would be far less dangerous humans than threatening, if you count infected. So far as we know the infection does nothing to other animals so maybe they got used to chowing down on dumb humans that run at them?

Plus most people wouldn't know how to survive all the players in the game are the exceptions the rest would have starved, got sick of got killed.

Maybe the just started eating dead humans and decided we're delicious :P

I don't think it's too unbelievable, it'd add some danger for those of us who don't want PVP, surviving is a cakewalk if you avoid high traffic areas.

count Grishnackh, Euronymous would like to have a word with you