Sign in to follow this  
PSalad

Sometimes I wish I was a fresh spawn.

So far of my 130 hours of playing dayz a lot of the fun ive had is just being a fresh spawn, not being scared to die - running into cherno with brightly colored clothing without giving a damn who I might run into. 

As much as people hate bandits they make the game more fun sometimes as a fresh spawn. That intense moment when you are running from someone with an m4 or an ak, and you just barely get away.

Maybe there could be a way to have 2 or 3 characters in dayz - where you could switch out once a day or so to prevent switching too often - I feel like its worth it to buy the game again on another account just so I don't need to fear of losing my gear, and I can run through the happy fields of chernarus as singing tiny tims tiptoe through the tulips and just get shot.

Before Experimental .51 today, I was doing just that.   Quite fun joining a new Private Shard server.

Join random private shards and you'll be a fresh spawn every time.

Maybe there could be a way to have 2 or 3 characters in dayz...

Yeah i'll stop you there and ask you why?

Implement said change > My thread/complaint is no longer relevant > It's no longer relevant because the game isn't the same experience anymore (no more intense moments) > No more of what makes DayZ, DayZ.

As mentioned shards solve your problem.

But seriously though that's the best part of DayZ. Tension increasing incrementally over time. It makes the gameplay and all decisions so much more interesting. It's why you can yolo as a fresh spawn and not give a fuck but try that with a character that has been through a few scrapes and or has gear? I don't know why the sickening feeling of loosing the capital/time I invest in any character is damn 'dopafying', it's chasing the dragon man. The thrill of being feeling constantly hunted and hunting. 

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 3