cinder

Kickstarter funding for new master server

Like it says on the tin. No idea how viable the idea is. But there it is, suggested.

Kickstarter is the wrong platform in my opinion. Just call for donations and set a target without the kickstarter name.

What kind of server would actually pull its weight properly here? What are the server specs right now?

Agreeing with wolfmat, Kickstarter just wouldn't make sense here - Simple donations should be enough.

Wouldn't Bomemia be more then happy to help the mod out? It's in their own interest.

I REALLY like DayZ, but I had never heard of Arma 2 before I heard about this game, and I have not even bothered and doubt I would play Arma II. So I would agree that if this mod is selling a HUGE amount of copies of their game they should be hopping on the bandwagon.

I know of 10 friends who went out and bought this game just to play the mod after me showing them some movies of it, even putting up with the HEAVILY populated servers which take 30 mins to log in.

A new MySQL server would cost them hardly anything compared to the amount of copies of ARMA II they would sell.

I have to agree that Bohemia would may be sale more DayZ (stand alone game based on the arma3 engine) that Arma3 itself. But i suppose they would first need to own the DayZ name and then have a real desire to realese that kind of game.

Personally i'll buy Arma3 anyway cause i'm sure it will be awsome :)