Sign in to follow this  
kermo50

staying healthy for a lengthy period = becoming "Fit" with small buffs to your character

My suggestion is as follows; If you can manage to keep yourself in the "healthy" state for a long period of time without becoming sick or injured in any way you eventually get a new status "Fit", with the notification "I'm feeling fitter" or "I'm feeling strong". Becoming a "Fit" and "healthy" survivor leads to some small but valuable buffs to your character which would include: greater stamina while running and possibly a small increase in sprint speed, an increase in total health, and also greater resistance to disease. Soon after you loose your healthy status you loose your "Fit" status and your buffs, and will need to start the process over again. The general idea being rewarding players who strive to actually role play and stay alive in game, and its also justifiably realistic.

Thoughts?

Edited by kermo50

Fitness isn't really something that can be achieved over the course of a few days.  It takes weeks and months to start making a noticeable difference in the way that you're explaining.  I don't think that kind of system would work out right now with the prospect of character wipes, glitch deaths, etc.  

Personally, I agree with you that there should be a sort of reward for keeping yourself alive for an extended period of time instead of spawning, sprinting to the nearest gun spawn, and 360-mlg-no-scoping noobs until you're killed.

Fitness isn't really something that can be achieved over the course of a few days.  It takes weeks and months to start making a noticeable difference in the way that you're explaining.  I don't think that kind of system would work out right now with the prospect of character wipes, glitch deaths, etc.  

Personally, I agree with you that there should be a sort of reward for keeping yourself alive for an extended period of time instead of spawning, sprinting to the nearest gun spawn, and 360-mlg-no-scoping noobs until you're killed.

Yes I agree it's not totally realistic, but hey neither is starving or becoming dehydrated in a matter of hours.. Could be tweaked so that it is relative to other hunger/thirst time mechanics in the game.

• Like 1

Fitness isn't really something that can be achieved over the course of a few days.  It takes weeks and months to start making a noticeable difference in the way that you're explaining.

It can also take weeks to die from hunger in real life, but the time frame for starving can not be realistic in the game. Then most people never need to feed their character at all.

It would be the same with this suggestion. I really like the idea, and i hope it would come. Should not be so difficult to make this happen.

I sort of like the idea, except that you shouldn't lose the fit status the moment you're no longer healthy. You should lose it when you become hungry or thirsty, if not when dying of starvation/thirst or having hypothermia/hyperthermia.