ob1korobi

Tent and Drybag Testing - Good News For Persistence *Updated*

Sweet. I guess I need to find a private server to play on. I assume private servers are not subject to the weekly Wednesday maintenance that the public servers go through? 

my tent was still there after last Wednesday so i guess they are not affected.

When you lose your tent it's most likely due to database corruption. They reset the database and poof goes your tent. My friends and I made a huge tent city on one of the official dayz servers last patch. The 30+ tents we hauled to it lasted until the server simply would not restart about a week later.

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-32-tents-in-frobadias-tent-city/

I wouldn't really mess with tents unless you are fine with losing them randomly. Private shards most likely work better due to less traffic, so the database has less of a chance to be corrupted.

When you lose your tent it's most likely due to database corruption. They reset the database and poof goes your tent. My friends and I made a huge tent city on one of the official dayz servers last patch. The 30+ tents we hauled to it lasted until the server simply would not restart about a week later.

http://www.dayztv.com/pic/dayz-32-tents-in-frobadias-tent-city/

I wouldn't really mess with tents unless you are fine with losing them randomly. Private shards most likely work better due to less traffic, so the database has less of a chance to be corrupted.

I have seen past version tent cities but I really have not heard much on .50. There are a few people doing the same thing. I don't mind losing anything. The is alpha and we aren't going to stay like this forever.

I will be experimenting on private shards the next week or until the next stable release.

Edited by BigB055

Sweet. I guess I need to find a private server to play on. I assume private servers are not subject to the weekly Wednesday maintenance that the public servers go through? 

We are subjected to weekly cleanups. Last weeks clean up didn't go through for anybody. I had them packed up though.

Edited by Weyland Yutani

Tried to grab my tents last night and the server I was trying to connect to was having major issues. I was able to get on this morning before maintenance but my tens and loot, drybags, everything was gone. Oh well. Time to start over. I am thinking that this concludes my testing for now. Switching over to private shards and enjoying what I can of the game.