Coley (DayZ)

DayZ Crashing & Closing Program

Every time i go to play DayZ i constantly crash and then DayZ closes.

My PC Specs:

CPU: AMD FX -6300 Six-Core Processor

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7700 Series

16.0 GB RAM.

Plus my character is geared, so could it be an issue in game?

Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

Does it happen a lot when you're Alt-Tab'ing and/or changing things around in the settings?

Have you tried verifying your game integrity on Steam?

Edited by kichilron

Since new patch my game will crash to the desktop when just sitting in the main menu or server screen.  When it crashes the game is still running and if I was able to get into a server before the crash I am sill able to run around shoot ect (based on audio) yet I am looking at my desktop.  If I alt + tab to another program sound stops, I click on the game and it does same thing, just audio.  If I press alt+enter it goes to windowed mode and it is just frozen.  I have changed drivers to current, verified files, reset gpx card overclock to default, changed in-game gfx settings and nothing helps. 

Does it happen a lot when you're Alt-Tab'ing and/or changing things around in the settings?

Have you tried verifying your game integrity on Steam?

No, i will be playing normally and then suddenly DayZ just goes black and says that DayZ has stopped running, so then i have to close the program. 

Mostly it happens whenever i attack an zombie or an zombie attacks me.

Since new patch my game will crash to the desktop when just sitting in the main menu or server screen.  When it crashes the game is still running and if I was able to get into a server before the crash I am sill able to run around shoot ect (based on audio) yet I am looking at my desktop.  If I alt + tab to another program sound stops, I click on the game and it does same thing, just audio.  If I press alt+enter it goes to windowed mode and it is just frozen.  I have changed drivers to current, verified files, reset gpx card overclock to default, changed in-game gfx settings and nothing helps. 

Mine just shows DayZ as an black screen then i have to click the option 'Close Program'.

Since the last patch my dayz crash (freeze) 2-3 times a day, cannot even get to the task manager to kill the damn thing so i need to forcibly restart my pc every time which is really annoying.

Edited by belphegor_goatzombie

I feel your pain Coley,  my fingers are crossed as the game is now unplayable for me , ive tried ditching all my gear / loot incase something i was carrying was causing this but its still the same .

i can play for small spells 1 - 10 mins if im lucky before it crashes  but if i confront a zombie and try to either hit it with my axe or shoot it i instantly crash , i have even noticed that the game crashes from the main menu screen aswell .

im now just sick of constantly restarting the game to run for another few mins then crashing again . 

what i dont get is that before the 0.50 update my game played pretty good with no real issues

Edited by MudslingerSCO

Tonight my friends had all jumped over to experimental , so i thought id try it out , played for 2.5 hrs with no crashing seemed to play alot  better .

Corey ,please try experimental and see if it plays for you ? post here your results please

I feel your pain Coley,  my fingers are crossed as the game is now unplayable for me , ive tried ditching all my gear / loot incase something i was carrying was causing this but its still the same .

i can play for small spells 1 - 10 mins if im lucky before it crashes  but if i confront a zombie and try to either hit it with my axe or shoot it i instantly crash , i have even noticed that the game crashes from the main menu screen aswell .

im now just sick of constantly restarting the game to run for another few mins then crashing again . 

what i dont get is that before the 0.50 update my game played pretty good with no real issues

This is exactly my problem, like literally exactly. I runned the game smooth before the update.