Sign in to follow this  
St. Jimmy

How to optimize DayZ town fps and see what impact each video option has on a high end rig.

Just testing different video settings to see what impact they've on my fps. You can see my fps and rig usage on the upper left corner. In the end I came in conculsion that object detail, shadows, ambient occlusion and anti-aliasign. You can pretty much see that already on the first 3mins of the video.
Naturally 3D resolution and resolution could have some impact also but I'm not going to lower from 1920x1080 because the game would look horrble on my 42" TV screen :D

In DayZ.cfg file view, object and shadow distances can also help some. You probably want to set Shadow distance 50m max. (you can go to 2000 if you like and kill your fps...), Object distance max. around 1000m because you'll very unlikely shoot any further and view distance couple hundred meters more than object distance so you'll see every object fully and they're not in a "fog". Remember that in DayZ mod those view distances were much lower by default than in Standalone (1000m and down depending on weather).

Generally my fps would be 5-10fps higher when not recording and without stuttering.

Specs are in my signature.

• Like 1