Sign in to follow this  
jdz (DayZ)

Storage and hording

Those players who manage to find a tent has put a lot of effort into it' date=' why should all that work be all in vain?

[/quote']

It's not hard to find a tent, I find them all the time.

My point is that it defeats the purpose of the game, DEATH DOESN'T MEAN ANYTHING if you can re-equip within minutes.

Im pretty sure 80% of those people bragging hop until they drop.

Tents and vehicles should de-spawn if placed past 000 on either axis of the map, the idea people can hoard fleets of vehicles in places impossible to come across (unless you have a chopper) completley insane!

At the moment we do have a situation where a player's items is more valuable than their life which doesn't seem right. I've given this some thought and the only solution that comes to mind which I don't even particularly like is the idea of accumulating skill points for a character. These points could be spent on stuff like construction' date=' first aid and so on. That does strike me as a bit gamey though.

We just need some way to add value to life.

[/quote']

This sounds like the way to go!!!

• Like 1

Well im pretty sure soon in an update that they will make it so vehicles and tents despawn if you put them outside the map.

The only way to add "value to life" is to add some type of (for lack of a better word) Leveling system.

There I said it, lets World of Warcraft it up! But no really. There should be drops like books, newspapers, diaries, blueprints, magazines. That the play can find, and read to become a better suited character. Leveling is a shotty word for this but that's basically what it boils down too. Your character would slowly level up after repeating the same action ex: Bandaging, Shooting a specific type of gun, and be more proficient every time he does it after. Making people that manage to survive for extended amounts of time while still being active and not just afking in the forest for free increases to their character. You would actually need to find the stuff yourself to learn it.

NO PICKING IT UP AND STASHING IT FOR LATER- Although In real life you would be able too, That would just promote more item whoring in the magical tent cities outside the map.

As of right now everyone is a badass Medic with flawless bandaging skill and can do blood transfusions with a flick of the wrist. All while repairing several types of vehicles and throwing grenades and sniping assholes 800 meters away.

It's bland and makes characters that have been alive for extended amounts of time basically even with everyone. I don't think a someone that has went to college for several years and practiced medicine and the medical field should be in the same skill bracket as someone that just started.

Once your character being alive is more valuable than gear, will you cut down on death matches and hording of gear I think. No brand new player wants to go into a gunfight agaisnt a veteran that has mastered the gun he's using and has learned the proffession of death dealing.

TL;DR: Read Books, Repeated Actions, Character Developes, Spawn With Mediocre Knowledge Instead Of Green Berets.

• Like 2

I perfectly understood your point jdz, problem is it's simply not true that dying doesn't matter if you have a camp with supplies. I usually run around with the best gear i have found, due to the fact that camps inside the map do get found and raided pretty often. Now when i have the best gear on me, i do care if i die, since there is a high chance that the guy who killed me, is gonna steal all my shit.

Hence, i care about dying, very much, even though i have a camp.

Please, Please, PLEASE no WoW leveling bullshit.

This is not that kind of game.

Please' date=' Please, PLEASE no WoW leveling bullshit.

This is not that kind of game.

[/quote']

Technically it wouldn't be WoW Leveling, I said (for lack of better words)

It would be character developement. I don't think I would be able to fix a vehicle in real life or perfectly fire/reload/upkeep on every gun I come across, especially Military weapons. Nor would I be able to perform a Blood transfusion without proper instructions for knowledge before hand.

Stuff you would learn on your travels and through time alive on each character. Just saying it would make your character better at certain things than someone else and vise versa. While also increasing the importance of staying alive at all costs.

I think the hording and storage thing is ok. But it should be a greater risk to it. Maybe making it impossible to place tents outside of the map, and introduce some method to locate tents. I think the radar on the chopper can do it, but maybe something else as well.. Some kind of detector on a vehicle or something.

This has to be the dumbest fucking thread in these forums lol.

Tent and vehicle hoarding is amazing for players like me that doesn't pitch tents but spends time searching for yours!!! There is no better feeling than finding a camp and looting the shit out of it and stealing the vehicles. The shear heart pounding experience of knowing they could return to catch you....ive been caught in the act several times and killed but its worth it just for that wave of excitement and the massive grin it brings to the face.

My team love these search and destroy camp attacks and has given us some major gunbattle gameplays and the best laugh ever on dayz.

I do agree tho that anything placed off the map should be deleted!!! It makes it easier for us to find ;)

I agree, the idea that you can medic like a doctor, fix cars like an engineer and fly helicopters like a seasoned pilot isn’t real enough 2 minutes into the game, your character should “learn” these? Meaning when someone who has been alive for 3 days who has bandaged himself 12 times he can easily perform a blood transfusion, where as if you have been alive for ten minutes rushed into the hospital been shot bleeding you grab a blood pack and half of it should end up on the floor and you should get sick through infection..Same goes for fitness levels, i.e. running everywhere, engineering skills, cooking the works. I bet this isn't possible but in the ideal world this would be awesome and WOULD make you value the life of your charactor more.