Sign in to follow this  
Baby Jesus (DayZ)

Haven't played in a while

Hey guys, I haven't played for a while, since mid-september, I was just wondering before I started playing if zombie hit detection is still nonexistent?

Uhhh.  In what respect.  Zombies are still really annoying (design wise).  You can still circle strafe them infinitely without getting hit.  If you are talking about the problem where you used to axe them and then still get hit after they've died I haven't had that happen in a couple weeks.

Apparently you should play experimental  That's where the hotness is at? 

What Im talking about is I would try to hit zombies with a melee weapon and it wouldnt even register

It works for the most part.  I don't have problems with zombies other than they need to be immensly reworked.  They are fine for their purpose at the moment.

Sometimes it's not non detection hit bugs and all that stuff but only the player not having a good precision. 

I was always blaming everything when I started to play "Why is that zombie so laggy", "Why my hit never touch him?", "Why does it take an hundred machete hit to make this zombie die. I was complaining on how the servers was laggy and all that stuff. I learned some tricks to have a better precision and kill him faster, like always hit the head and some other movement tricks.

I don't want to say your bad at aiming to hit zombies but maybe that's the problem in some kind of way :p

Melee takes some practice, and even after hundreds of melee kills I still end up flailing my axe around like a discount serial killer sometimes. 

It's better. The time when you could barely land a hit is past, but you have to practice and learn to circle and deal with the desync. Bust a move brother, if done properly it may take a few swings but you can ensure it's nearly impossible for you to get hit. You can also have zeds chase you into buildings and then shut the door on them while inside and trap them.

You should probably just log in and try for yourself. I killed a zombie with a crowbar just last night, in about 3 hits.

I think in september the melee was very broken, even with an axe it would take a dozen swings. Since then they have made a fix to how melee hit detection works and also fixed the damage.