Sign in to follow this  
Chaka (DayZ)

Low FPS with a good computer.

Hey everyone, I have a weird bug, I have a 2000$ computer and I still have very bad performance on DayZ. (Build link at the end)

First of all the loading time is very long, all of my friends can load the game very more fast then me. When I enter a server it can say "Please wait " or "wait for host" for barely 1 to 2 minutes. Sometimes it kills me because my player is logged in the game but the loading take too long before I can play. It's not my internet connection because even when opening the game before getting "I understand" button it takes 1 or 2 minutes. 

Second, I can't play higher then Normal or maybe sometimes low because if so I will get 15 FPS in city or when combat a zombie. I mean, if I would have a crappy computer I would understand why I get bad FPS but with a 2000$ rig it should be very higher then this.

Third, Sometime I get this weird bug, my screen freeze but games still play, and then it unfreeze but I have something like 2-5 fps and I can't play. 

If someone have some kind of fix for these because I start to be pissed off a little bit.

Complete build : http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/JsJv23

Welcome to the unoptimized alpha that is DayZ.

Short of a few tweaks to gain a couple fps, there's not much we can do but wait.

Yeah, that's what I thought at first but there was maybe some kind of fix for it because it's very bad having to play like this while the patch come..

My pc is fairly basic but runs very smoothly on the experimental mode - give it a go.

An alpha is naturally simply not optimized. You can have a 5000$ rig, the game just wont use it.

Right now, the single core performance of your CPU is rather important. Many I7's fall behind i5's and even XEON's in that sector, and Intel outruns AMD by quite a bit. Also, since so much of the stuff in DayZ is happening server side, your network connection is a really important part of your overall gaming performance, and i don't mean raw numbers like up/download speed exclusively, but much more the quality of the connection ( steady ping, no packetloss etc ).

For your third point - thats an issue currently being discussed somewhere here in this subforum. Check the threads about it out and see if someone has a solution ( as i have no idea, just the knowledge that it's brought up here before ).

Edited by ChainReactor

Many I7's fall behind i5's 

Have to disagree with you here. My i7 4790k at 4.6ghz gained a significant boost over i5 2500k at 4.5ghz. In the mod as well.

Still runs like shit though  :)

Edited by Borges

Welcome to the unoptimized alpha that is DayZ.

Short of a few tweaks to gain a couple fps, there's not much we can do but wait.

Well...Arma 2 is a finished game that has been released for a while and has gotten a lot of patches, and that still runs like anus on newer PCs.

I'm afraid we'll only ever see tolerable preformance from Dayz, never good.