donakowski1@gmail.com

Lose internet connection when playing DayZ

I've done a few searches through the forums, but haven't found any recent threads about this issue I am having.

Whenever I launch DayZ and attempt to login to a server my internet suddenly crashes. I lose internet connection completely. The second I close, or even minimize DayZ, the internet pops back up and runs normally.

This started happening this morning for some reason. 

Any specific cause for this? Solutions maybe?

Thank you!

try going into your command promp

and type 

Ipconfig /flushdns

might work, make sure you run Command promp in admin mode.

• Like 1

and type 

Ipconfig /flushdns

So far so good! I think that may have worked..

• Like 1

and type 

Ipconfig /flushdns

Back to what it was before again... 

Damn.

i haev no idea why it happens, but i get this too...   

:(

• Like 1

Hello Preston 

This is actually a known issue for server browsers for some people, It's because when you refresh server lists it has to contact all these servers and find information about them. That includes ping, server name etc. The issue is, (Simply explained) most consumer routers can become overwhelmed by this, it knocks the internet out for everyone in the house until the router has caught up to speed. The fix is to go onto steam and press the Steam Tab>Settings>In-Game>In-Game server browser: Max pings / minute> and experiment with different amounts, 

If this does not fix it, another setting worth trying is going into your Router Configuration settings (For most people, typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into their browsers will open it - The default login is printed on the router) and disabling any firewall or settings to do with DDOS protection/packet flood protection/IP Flood Detection/ICMP Flooding detection in your router or turn down the firewall setting to a less strict rule,

if you are running DayZ with NON-ADMIN privileges, you will have limited amount of packet output from windows firewall, and this can jam the internet connection too. (Run dayz as admin)

another reason could be that your isp dns severs are a bit fubared try changing to google/opendns servers 

I hope this helps

Iago

• Like 3

Hello Preston 

This is actually a known issue for server browsers for some people, It's because when you refresh server lists it has to contact all these servers and find information about them. That includes ping, server name etc. The issue is, (Simply explained) most consumer routers can become overwhelmed by this, it knocks the internet out for everyone in the house until the router has caught up to speed. The fix is to go onto steam and press the Steam Tab>Settings>In-Game>In-Game server browser: Max pings / minute> and experiment with different amounts, 

If this does not fix it, another setting worth trying is going into your Router Configuration settings (For most people, typing 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 into their browsers will open it - The default login is printed on the router) and disabling any firewall or settings to do with DDOS protection/packet flood protection/IP Flood Detection/ICMP Flooding detection in your router or turn down the firewall setting to a less strict rule,

if you are running DayZ with NON-ADMIN privileges, you will have limited amount of packet output from windows firewall, and this can jam the internet connection too. (Run dayz as admin)

another reason could be that your isp dns severs are a bit fubared try changing to google/opendns servers 

I hope this helps

Iago

Thank you!!

• Like 1

Thank you!!

No need for thanks brother, i just hope it makes sense nearly went full geek for a moment and we all know you never go full geek :)

hope this helps with your issue