Redrick (DayZ)

An attempted experiment...

I did the exact same experiment. 9 times out of 10 I was shot on sight after telling them I was unarmed and friendly in direct voice chat. I ran into a unarmed survivor in a house. He kept saying he was friendly then he found a gun. He turned to me and said "sorry bro" then killed me. I guess these kids what to climb the leaderboards. Its the COD mentality or just ignorant griefers.

Kids seem to enter the game believing this is how it is 'won', killing more players than can kill you. I suppose it is partly due to not having much else to do but...

Sometimes, the phrase "go back to Call of Duty" really IS more appropriate than it ever should be.

Every second I delay you from getting good gear and weapons on my home servers is good enough for me. Oh and you could have been that asshole who killed me before.

That is why myself and the people I play with shoot everyone.

Also if a group has a vehicle, unarmed players can steal a weapon from it or get in and drive away. We kill everyone in raids of cities not only because of the things above, but you can aggro zombies to us, steal our vehicles, steal our loot we are raiding for, or giveaway our position.

or giveaway our position.

... and you stop other players from doing this by opening fire in infected areas?

Huh. Right, whatever. I'm going to play more Day Z.

I did the exact same experiment. 9 times out of 10 I was shot on sight after telling them I was unarmed and friendly in direct voice chat. I ran into a unarmed survivor in a house. He kept saying he was friendly then he found a gun. He turned to me and said "sorry bro" then killed me. I guess these kids what to climb the leaderboards. Its the COD mentality or just ignorant griefers.

Oh yes, CoD ruined everything...lol.

Newsflash: It's not CoD's fault.

The only solution to this in the mods current state is to team up with others players outside the game. Then roll together in a server. Playing solo and expecting to group up with random players is a lost cause for the most part.

Maybe if these shoot on sight players are constantly killed by a team of survivors defending themselves they will lose interest.

... and you stop other players from doing this by opening fire in infected areas?

Huh. Right' date=' whatever. I'm going to play more Day Z.

[/quote']

SD weapons. Oh and thanks for only hitting on one of my points. A player with zombies behind him is louder and more visible than a SD shot from a M9 or Bison.

Every second I delay you from getting good gear and weapons on my home servers is good enough for me. Oh and you could have been that asshole who killed me before.

Also if a group has a vehicle' date=' unarmed players can steal a weapon from it or get in and drive away. We kill everyone in raids of cities not only because of the things above, but you can aggro zombies to us, steal our vehicles, steal our loot we are raiding for, or giveaway our position.

[/quote']

You have friends? I don't believe you.

[/quote']

SD weapons. Oh and thanks for only hitting on one of my points. A player with zombies behind him is louder and more visible than a SD shot from a M9 or Bison.

Do you WANT me to systematically go through each of your points and illustrate why in most cases it's still pointless to open fire on everything that moves?

I don't think you'd want to sit around arguing over every play tactic you use.

Also if a group has a vehicle' date=' unarmed players can steal a weapon from it or get in and drive away. We kill everyone in raids of cities not only because of the things above, but you can aggro zombies to us, steal our vehicles, steal our loot we are raiding for, or giveaway our position.

[/quote']

You have friends? I don't believe you.

In-game? Yes I do. I joined a group that was suppose to be friendly oriented. When we got about 12 guys together officially our mentality towards the mod changed completely. We got killed by DC'ers. Had our vehicles stolen by freshies. Rival groups started popping up and revenge was in the air.

Our friendly group turned into kill everyone you see. That unarmed player over there? He might be the one who is in the DDS clan and killed Bob last night. Kill him.

This isn't a rant thread' date=' this is purely a research thread that I hope from it's contents I can learn a little something:

The Experiment:

Every time I spawn, I wouldn't seek out any items, nor weapons. My objective was simple: To find another player along the coast, and make friendly contact with him. 8 times, 8 times in a row this happened, and I'd like to know why:

I'd approach a player with nothing in hands, clearly unarmed, and obviously the player could kill me if he wished to in the time it took me to draw a weapon if he so speculated that much. I'd claim friendly, type it out, do everything in my power through direct chat (which works now mind you) to make it clear of my intentions, but I am immediately shot at or killed.

Now mind you, I'm not mad, I am sincerely curious as to why those of you out there do this? You can see I am unarmed, and odds are since I am along the coast all I have is the starting gear of a bandage, a painkiller, and a flashlight. So, why does this happen?

[/quote']

Because the game is broken at the moment.

Well by game, I mean the karma system.

It's shoot on sight, people kill just to have fun, there is no punishment or anything that would cause them to think twice about what they are doing.

They know it's just a game, and they know they will not lose anything if they put a bullet in you.

So they do it, I stopped playing because to me shoot-on-sight mode is getting really boring.

Waiting for a major fix that would cause some sort of co-op mentality within the players instead of "TRUST NO ONE, BE ALWAYS ON YOUR TOES, SHOOT EVERYONE".

It gets old.. fast.

[/quote']

Do you WANT me to systematically go through each of your points and illustrate why in most cases it's still pointless to open fire on everything that moves?

The point of this thread is discover why people KoS. I am here to bring knowledge of why. That is all. So yes me explaining why we do each point I listed would be a benefit to this thread.

This isn't a rant thread' date=' this is purely a research thread that I hope from it's contents I can learn a little something:

The Experiment:

Every time I spawn, I wouldn't seek out any items, nor weapons. My objective was simple: To find another player along the coast, and make friendly contact with him. 8 times, 8 times in a row this happened, and I'd like to know why:

I'd approach a player with nothing in hands, clearly unarmed, and obviously the player could kill me if he wished to in the time it took me to draw a weapon if he so speculated that much. I'd claim friendly, type it out, do everything in my power through direct chat (which works now mind you) to make it clear of my intentions, but I am immediately shot at or killed.

Now mind you, I'm not mad, I am sincerely curious as to why those of you out there do this? You can see I am unarmed, and odds are since I am along the coast all I have is the starting gear of a bandage, a painkiller, and a flashlight. So, why does this happen?

[/quote']

It's shoot on sight, people kill just to have fun, there is no punishment or anything that would cause them to think twice about what they are doing.

They know it's just a game, and they know they will not lose anything if they put a bullet in you.

So they do it, I stopped playing because to me shoot-on-sight mode is getting really boring.

Waiting for a major fix that would cause some sort of co-op mentality within the players instead of "TRUST NO ONE, BE ALWAYS ON YOUR TOES, SHOOT EVERYONE".

It gets old.. fast.

Even if group stuff is put in groups will still fight and lonewolves will still walk the lands. Group pvp will be super common and lonewolves looking for easy loot will stalk people who are apart of big groups. PvP will never go away. It may change, but that's it.

[/quote']

The point of this thread is discover why people KoS. I am here to bring knowledge of why. That is all. So yes me explaining why we do each point I listed would be a benefit to this thread.

The Experiment:

[/quote']

It gets old.. fast.

Even if group stuff is put in groups will still fight and lonewolves will still walk the lands. Group pvp will be super common and lonewolves looking for easy loot will stalk people who are apart of big groups. PvP will never go away. It may change, but that's it.

Group PvP sounds much more exciting, does it not?

Or do you enjoy crawling by yourself for hours until some random guy puts a bullet in your back.

I don't want PvP to go away, I just want that "group-up" ability. To understand who is the friendly and who is the bandit, it should not be such a great mystery.

And no, I do not enjoy metagaming, such as having a pre-planned group before starting the game, with people that I already know. It is much more exciting (for me) to group up with people that are strangers, to see the way they do things, to meet new people, to experience the unexperienced.

Because you know the bandit will always have the first shot, he will always have the first kill. That's what causes people to lose faith in trusting others.

Group PvP sounds much more exciting' date=' does it not?

Or do you enjoy crawling by yourself for hours until some random guy puts a bullet in your back.

I don't want PvP to go away, I just want that "group-up" ability. To understand who is the friendly and who is the bandit, it should not be such a great mystery.

Because you know the bandit will always have the first shot, he will always have the first kill. That's what causes people to lose faith in trusting others.

[/quote']

I don't have to worry about someone putting a bullet in my head because I took the initiative of getting in a official group of players who has a tent city and can easily get the good stuff off my body during a raid.

You can join groups of people already.You are not forced to go around trying to talk to randoms to form up. Find a group on the forums.

You did a ninja edit. So to add, when group stuff is added joining a group will still be difficult if you don't join some random group on the forums. There is no feature that can be added that will make everyone become friends. Well Player.damage(0), but who really wants that?

[/quote']

I don't have to worry about someone putting a bullet in my head because I took the initiative of getting in a official group of players who has a tent city and can easily get the good stuff off my body during a raid.

You can join groups of people already.You are not forced to go around trying to talk to randoms to form up. Find a group on the forums.

You are not the rest of the community, many people, when shot in the back by some guy, over and over again, they will just start shooting on sight just like the others.

And if the only way for me to find a legit group is by searching the forums, that's called metagaming, and it just makes it clear how the co-op experience is broken at the moment within the game.

[/quote']

You are not the rest of the community, many people, when shot in the back by some guy, over and over again, they will just start shooting on sight just like the others.

And if the only way for me to find a legit group is by searching the forums, that's called metagaming, and it just makes it clear how the co-op experience is broken at the moment within the game.

No it doesn't. I see groups all the time. I hear stories about people pairing up out of the blue.

I see people complaining about people not teaming up dozens of times on these forums. HELL in this thread alone there are 15-20 who all say they try to make friends and not kill anyone on sight.

All because you have to survive does not make this is a co-op experience anyway. Even when base construction is put in. People who distrust everyone will still play. Official groups that use teamspeak and form outside of game will still shoot anyone who gets in their way on sight. Me being in both those demographics at one point I don't blame them.

I guess all I can say is keep trying, stay low, don't go towards a raiding group and find another unarmed survivor to team up.

Because it gives them +1 murders. If you want to make friends, the only way is to meet up outside of the game on vent/teamspeak etc and get going as a team. Then it's your team vs. the world, which makes for some fun gameplay.

Meeting up in-game is too risky for a player with a lot to lose. If I've just spawned in from a death, I'd be happy to team up with the first person I meet. If however, I've not died and lost my NVG/Coyote Bag etc, I'm not taking any chances.

Why wouldn't you KoS anyway? Simply surviving within this game is too simple and provides no challenge. Having to constantly be on your toes, checking tree-lines and watching for tell-tale signs of life (dead zombies, oddly dropped loot etc) is what makes the game tense and thrilling. Just walking around looking for food/water is boring. All you need is a wild animal and a lake and you're good to go for 8 hours.

One thing that really illustrates just how many retards are here was this..

There was a thread about a server that kicked/banned for players that pk'd.

This would not affect anyone who wanted to pvp, UNLESS they played on that server.

Yet the river of tears that followed was the real tell. You fucking kids(even the old ones) just can't stand that there are people that are able to have fun without griefing people. You wear it with pride even, like a gold star you got in playschool for NOT eating all the glue.

You really need to get over yourselves. None of this means anything. No one is impressed by any single thing that you do.

I don't want pvp nerfed. I want these people nerfed. I want a system like Max Payne has, where all cheaters(l33t pk'ing douchnozzles in this case) are dumped into their own world with no one but each other to play against. Everyone else can continue to play the game as intended.

This is quite the tale. A while ago when I was near the coast, I entered the chernogorsk church. To my surprise, a player was sitting down in front of the alter. He didn't have very good gear; still had the patrol pack. I watched him for a few minutes, and he didn't move...so I go up next to him and sit down too. We stayed there for a few minutes before he got up and dropped some food on the ground for me and walked out. Didnt say a word

My buddy and I just spent two hours this morning running down fresh spawns and shooting them in the leg. One guy we patched up with a bandage so he could enjoy his 2km crawl to cherno.

Yet the river of tears that followed was the real tell. You fucking kids(even the old ones) just can't stand that there are people that are able to have fun without griefing people. You wear it with pride even' date=' like a gold star you got in playschool for NOT eating all the glue.

[/quote']

Except you could farm gear ridiculously easily on such a server, which would break the entire game.

What's "telling" here is that you consider PvP griefing.

Then you specifically ASK rocket to take away the makarov b/c it's leading to too much deathmatching, and are surprised with the results.

You are the dumbest people in the room.

Yet the river of tears that followed was the real tell. You fucking kids(even the old ones) just can't stand that there are people that are able to have fun without griefing people. You wear it with pride even' date=' like a gold star you got in playschool for NOT eating all the glue.

[/quote']

Except you could farm gear ridiculously easily on such a server, which would break the entire game.

Then you specifically ASK rocket to take away the makarov b/c it's leading to too much deathmatching, and are surprised with the results.

No, what's telling is how you omitted the part where I said I didn't want pvp nerfed and THEN completely fabricated the part about me wanting the makarov taken away. What the fuck are you talking about? I never said that. I just started posting here today.

Honestly the starting gear removal is just a minor annoyance unless you force yourself to start on a nighttime server. Plus people like the douchewad above you don't care anyway, in fact they like them unarmed because then their pussy, no skill having asses, don't have to worry about getting shot when they shoot noobs.

I'd call you the dumbest person here, but it'd be a lie. You are a sack of shit all the same tho. Go fucking die somewhere away from everyone else.

[/quote']

No, what's telling is how you omitted the part where I said I didn't want pvp nerfed and THEN completely fabricated the part about me wanting the makarov taken away. What the fuck are you talking about? I never said that. I just started posting here today.

Honestly the starting gear removal is just a minor annoyance unless you force yourself to start on a nighttime server. Plus people like the douchewad above you don't care anyway, in fact they like them unarmed because then their pussy, no skill having asses, don't have to worry about getting shot when they shoot noobs.

I'd call you the dumbest person here, but it'd be a lie. You are a sack of shit all the same tho. Go fucking die somewhere away from everyone else.

LOL are you calling moi a "douchewad"? Meet up with me, son, and I'll destroy your ass.

LOL are you calling moi a "douchewad"? Meet up with me' date=' son, and I'll destroy your ass.

[/quote']

Eat shit and choke and then die, mental midget.

Holy hell, I might an extremely nice person in elektro. Now I myself KoS if someone has a gun, and I do plan on backstabbing someone (haven't yet). But I was in the grocery store getting some loot, I still had no gun. I notice someone with a rifle walk in and I yell friendly. He was chill about it, didn't do anything. I didn't believe him so I got out of there.

I later go to the apts. and lo and behold, he walks in later. Once again scared, I leave, and I tell him I left. Heres the kicker, he said "No, No, you were here first, you can have the loot".

A guy with a gun being nice to people he has power over.

Even though I want to backstab people, I wouldn't of backstabbed that guy.

The only solution to this in the mods current state is to team up with others players outside the game. Then roll together in a server. Playing solo and expecting to group up with random players is a lost cause for the most part.

Maybe if these shoot on sight players are constantly killed by a team of survivors defending themselves they will lose interest.

Then they'll team up and that's when things get interesting :)

I started off friendly. I would give everyone the chance I wanted. After relentless pk'ing by almost everyone' date=' I now kill everyone I see with extreme prejudice with the only exception being the unarmed. If I start to feel bad about it, I just come read these forums. It's enough to make a saint rage.

[/quote']

It's just a game. Don't take it too seriously and maybe you'll even have fun!