Sign in to follow this  
Mckean34uk

DayZ mod Problem

Hi,

After installing Dayz Alpha I uninstalled DayZ mod and Arma 2 C/O

As im not getting on with the Alpha, too lagy and zombies chase you forever! I want to go back to the Mod

I've got all these games through Stream, can run Aram 2 ok, but when I try and play Arma 2 op its says it cant access this game and the same with DayZ mod?

any ideas why? anyone else recently tried to reinstall it and having troubles loading the game

thanks

The story is always the same:

Go to Steam, download and install ArmA 2 and ArmA 2 OA. Play each game at least once (it will setup the license keys).

Go to Steam, download install "arma 2: dayz mod" game, it's free if you have both ArmA games.

If you have already installed dayzmod via Steam, check the local game content of this game (right click with your mouse on the game > Properties > Local files > Check integrity), Steam will automatically detect corrupted files and fix them.You can check also the integrity of both Arma2 games.

Don't use Dayz launcher and Dayz commander yet. Don't tweak any parameters via Steam UI.

Launch Dayzmod, connect to a vanilla dayz mod server: on the multiplayer screen (server list) you should find "dayzmod" in the mission name, and "1.8.2" in the server name

If you have still some crash entering the multiplayer mode, play ArmA 2 : OA game in multiplayer mode. If you have still the problem, contact BI studio support.

If you can play vanilla dayzmod, but you want to play other mods of dayzmod, you can use dayzlauncher/dayzcommander, but these tools have issues. Contact the vendor of the tool or the vendor of the mod for any help.

• Like 1

Ok, so I get this msg on Steam when trying to play Arma OA

"C:\program files (X86)\steam \steamapps\common\aram 2 operation Arrow....

windows cannot access this specified device, part or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access item"

any ideas?