Sign in to follow this  
blazinone

We need a Hardcore (aka Survival) Mode

I don't know man, that sounds like a really bad idea to me. I really don't want to spend all my time eating and keeping warm. Realistically, coats and jackets actually keep you warm. Eat a meal (a can or two of food) and you're good to go for at least three or four hours. I can see the fatigue thing being more realistic, same with disease and healing. But the rest of it? No thanks. I didn't pay for an eating simulator.

Hardcore should equal more zombies, less food, weapons degradation (within reason) and similar things.

• Like 1

And if played in 1st person exclusively, it really comes alive as a hardcore experience.

The only problem I can see with forcing 1st person perspective is some players, myself included, find that view rather nauseating after awhile. It makes my stomach hurt because of all the camera shaking and movement. I play on a 32" monitor (TV screen) about a foot or two from my face and I find the smoothness of 3rd person much easier to handle during longer sessions.

It has nothing to do with wanting easy mode, it's just physically not very comfortable to play.

The only problem I can see with forcing 1st person perspective is some players, myself included, find that view rather nauseating after awhile. It makes my stomach hurt because of all the camera shaking and movement. I play on a 32" monitor (TV screen) about a foot or two from my face and I find the smoothness of 3rd person much easier to handle during longer sessions.

It has nothing to do with wanting easy mode, it's just physically not very comfortable to play.

You'll get square eyes if you're not careful.

Sit further back.

• Like 1

Turn off head bob and don't use post-process. Also you should tune your field of view up because you're that close to the monitor. Many of the nausea cases likely happen because people don't turn off post process and head bob and likely some of them could be eliminated if they tune their FoV right.

Some helpful links for field of view

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?185063-Why-does-ArmA-3-have-console-FoV&p=2810252&viewfull=1#post2810252

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173192-Some-facts-about-zoom-and-Field-of-View-%28FOV%29-in-Arma

http://www.panohelp.com/lensfov.html

Low FoV combined with big monitor that's close is like having binoculars on your face and tryiing to navigate in house. You get dizzy.

/I think I'll make a whole new topic for this.

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Like 1