Re-Patch

Head/Neck/Torsoshot breaks my legs?

Hallo Everyone

Just a quick question. If someone kills me with one shot (Mosin to the Head or higher stomach or something), is it possible that my legs will break from that?
I think yes, I'm not a 100% sure though.

cheers

Weird question. You're dead so I think a broken leg is the least of your problems. Haha. I'm not sure there's a way to tell unless you or someone else gets to your body before it disappears in 10 minutes and checks if all the gear in your pants is ruined.

Weird question. You're dead so I think a broken leg is the least of your problems. Haha.

Hahaha fair enough :P

Well I was just wondering.

I was countersniping tripple yellow (in Cherno) from a Chapaevsk skyscrappers balcony (trying to save my friends that got shot at from tripple yellow).

I got the "You are Dead" "your legs are broken" while lying (on the ground in a room) and not moving a single bit (I think so at least, gotta check again).

I would have every bit of respect if someone sniped me (since there are not many places they could've shot me from and all of them are 900+).

I recorded it as well, but I guess you can't see that many useful things in order to clear that up :P

So I take it was another "Let me break your legs and kill you why not game bug" :) too bad.

I was countersniping tripple yellow (in Cherno) from a Chapaevsk skyscrappers balcony (trying to save my friends that got shot at from tripple yellow).

I got the "You are Dead" "your legs are broken" while lying (on the ground in a room) and not moving a single bit (I think so at least, gotta check again).

I would have every bit of respect if someone sniped me (since there are not many places they could've shot me from and all of them are 900+).

I recorded it as well, but I guess you can't see that many useful things in order to clear that up :P

So I take it was another "Let me break your legs and kill you why not game bug" :) too bad.

That's the known bug that happens above ground floor on the municipal type buildings.  You take massive damage for seemingly no reason - especially the legs getting broken and usually it is fatal.  I don't think the sniper got you.  

Hi, I am Paxom, and doing research on sudden instant death and Hit Points impact.

In short - if you are out of Hit Points, even with full bright green health/blood, any tiny damage, like simple walk on ground floor in a building, or ladder, can kill you instant.

Preliminary results here

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213065-sudden-instant-death-and-player-hit-points/

Could you please provide any estimations, how many hours were in your life, how much accumulated damage did you take from zeds, how many shoots, how many times were your arms/legs broken, how many splints did you use, did you splint unregistered fractures to reduce sway, how many time did you bleed, were you hit by zeds from distance greater than 10m while sprinting, or from another floor than you are in a building, death was on stairs, ladders, or 2nd/3rd floor in what building, etc.

Any even little clue may be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Paxom

Hi, I am Paxom, and doing research on sudden instant death and Hit Points impact.

In short - if you are out of Hit Points, even with full bright green health/blood, any tiny damage, like simple walk on ground floor in a building, or ladder, can kill you instant.

Preliminary results here

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213065-sudden-instant-death-and-player-hit-points/

Could you please provide any estimations, how many hours were in your life, how much accumulated damage did you take from zeds, how many shoots, how many times were your arms/legs broken, how many splints did you use, did you splint unregistered fractures to reduce sway, how many time did you bleed, were you hit by zeds from distance greater than 10m while sprinting, or from another floor than you are in a building, death was on stairs, ladders, or 2nd/3rd floor in what building, etc.

Any even little clue may be very useful.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Paxom

Hmm cool, nice that someone takes a look at that.

I knew about the "spinal fracture damage" (WOBO) or whatever you wanna call it, I didn't know though that it might be related to the "above ground floor breaking legs/dying" bug.

Sorry it took me a while to answer, but I had the idea to combine my answer to you with my first Youtube video :)

So, there we go, if you want to watch it (it's only four minutes), here's the link to the gallery:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/213859-800m-mosin-snipershot-and-instant-karma/

I'll try to answer everything as good as I can remember, here you go:

- I was alive for around 8 hours I think ---- (90% sure).

- I only took like four or five zombie hits ---- (99% sure).

- I took one shot (sks) to the lower torso ---- (100% sure).

- I think I used two splints (one after a zombie hit, no visible fracture) and the other one as premeasure before sniping (again no visible fracture) ---- (90% sure).

- I think I only bled twice (one time zombie one time sks shot) ---- (80% sure).

- No, I'm pretty sure I didn't get hit from zeds from distance (not with this char at least) ---- (70% sure).

- From another floor is possible (I can't remember if it was with this char or not) ---- (50% sure)

- Death you can see in the movie :D haha but of course I'll tell you if you don't want to watch, it was in a room, behind the windows of a skyscraper (3rd or 4th floor down from the top I think) the single, very tall ones, the one that is closest to Chernogorsk (see DayZ DB map 058 126 below or my movie) It seems that I stood up right before I died, so I was standing (inside the room, not on the balcony). 

http://dayzdb.com/map/chernarusplus#7.060.127

Cheers Buddy, I hope that helps!

Re-Patch

Edited by re-patch

Paralyzation confirmed!

What do you want to say with that? :D sorry it's a bit early... ^^

Nothing against your informative post, but from what he told he simply bugged through the floor as we all like to do occasionally. Nothing new actually.

Nothing against your informative post, but from what he told he simply bugged through the floor as we all like to do occasionally. Nothing new actually.

>> In short - if you are out of Hit Points, even with full bright green health/blood, any tiny damage, like simple walk on ground floor in a building, or ladder, can kill you instant.

That was meant to be short explanation for new players, what are Hit Points, and what are Hit Points effects.

I wonder if it's actually this:

any tiny damage, like simple walk on ground floor in a building, or ladder, can kill you instant.

that's killing you or just this:

simply bugged through the floor as we all like to do occasionally

@Paxom
I can't remember everything from WOBO's video, but didn't he say you die (but only when you get hit/shot/something) or is the spinal fracture thing really the reason for those "above ground level random leg breaks etc. Actually, I can't imagine them being related too much, because yesterday, I spawned as a freshy (in Svet) and ran to (Cernaya) to the firestation to get an axe. The firestation broke my legs on the second level in the tower (my leg is in pain, not the actual fracture though)... I didn't get hit by a zombie or anything else before that... so ...  I really don't get it anymore :rolleyes:

any tiny damage, like simple walk on ground floor in a building, or ladder, can kill you instant.

@Paxom

I can't remember everything from WOBO's video, but didn't he say you die (but only when you get hit/shot/something) or is the spinal fracture thing really the reason for those "above ground level random leg breaks etc. Actually, I can't imagine them being related too much, because yesterday, I spawned as a freshy (in Svet) and ran to (Cernaya) to the firestation to get an axe. The firestation broke my legs on the second level in the tower (my leg is in pain, not the actual fracture though)... I didn't get hit by a zombie or anything else before that... so ...  I really don't get it anymore :rolleyes:

I thought the random leg break was due lag between the client and server. I think it triggers a fall and the related leg break or death if you move too quickly from one height to another.  You can move pretty fast up and down the stairs in the fire stations due to the type of ramp-like stairs, and if there is a bit of lag when it's updating your location, it see's that one second you're on one level, and a millisecond later you're at another so triggers the fall mechanics. Most vertical movements like ladders and stairs, hills etc are pretty slow moving so this doesn't trigger a fall.

I don't know though, this is just my best guess.

The firestation broke my legs on the second level in the tower (my leg is in pain, not the actual fracture though)... I didn't get hit by a zombie or anything else before that... so ...  I really don't get it anymore :rolleyes:

Known bug. The server lost track of your position for a fracture of a second, "thought" that you are floating in the air and dropped you to the ground ( all happening server side, on your screen everything looks normal ).

I thought the random leg break was due lag between the client and server. I think it triggers a fall and the related leg break or death if you move too quickly from one height to another.  You can move pretty fast up and down the stairs in the fire stations due to the type of ramp-like stairs, and if there is a bit of lag when it's updating your location, it see's that one second you're on one level, and a millisecond later you're at another so triggers the fall mechanics. Most vertical movements like ladders and stairs, hills etc are pretty slow moving so this doesn't trigger a fall.

I don't know though, this is just my best guess.

Known bug. The server lost track of your position for a fracture of a second, "thought" that you are floating in the air and dropped you to the ground ( all happening server side, on your screen everything looks normal ).

Both your explanations make sense, one thing is bugging me though. I don't know if you watched my video... if you did, you could see I was camping inside a room in a skyscraper.

I have been in that room for more than 30/40 minutes I think until that happened, meaning I didn't quickly move up/down leaders/stairs etc. I did move a bit, crouch/stand/prone, 2-3 meters left/right, but that's about it.

• Like 1

I have had occasions where i have been shot once by a mosin and both my arms and my legs broke so yes i think it is possible but it would just be a bug.

I have had occasions where i have been shot once by a mosin and both my arms and my legs broke so yes i think it is possible but it would just be a bug.

Well this was the original reason why I opened this to ask here, because I THOUGH (not sure) it happened to me too before, so I could still have been killed by a countersniper.

That would have been an amazing shot though :D if so, and if you should ever see this, gg Sir, wp :P

@Paxom

Paxom is wrong. He doesnt have any information not covered in the spinal fracture video, hes just relabeling and confusing information

Getting your legs broken in a firestation or other multi story building is because your character is desyncing through the floor, thats why you break your legs and boots.

As to the OP sometimes getting shot can break your legs. Im not sure if its getting hit in the hip or just damage over flow but that is not an uncommon message when you get shot. Perhaps the final shot was to your legs and you get the 'you are dead' message first before you get the 'my leg is broken' message.

I also wouldnt rule out hit box wonkynes. I seem to recall what i thought was a chest shot from my blaze breaking a couple guys legs instantly. And having the blaze do the same to me when I was hit by it.