tills13

I created a DayZ trading platform

So while waiting for my DayZ to update, I made this alternate layout of users trades.

WMIDMg2.png

Not saying mine is better, just offering an alternate. What do you guys think?

it's just a rough idea of how I think it would look best. Obviously this is just for the bit in the middle of the screen.

A list is ok and isn't clutter if it's done right. :) I think it's the best way to trade. You can pick what you want to trade from what other other person has rather than rigid offers.

Mixed for when I have more than one of the same item but they have different conditions.

as for lifting the limit, I think trading is better done that way like I said above. 

Nice, thanks. 

I'll reply to the rest of your comment tomorrow (thanks for the mockup, btw), when I have more time, but I will say that I can't see myself lifting the item limit yet. I have to be space conscious given the EC2 instance I'm using to host this and I can't afford to upgrade it. People dumping huge lists of items into my database would fill what space I do have up quickly. 

I'll think about where I want to be going forward, maybe I'll find a happy medium. 

Understood man.  I want to really stress how much I like your idea.  I think you should look at the trading post though.  The community has been trading a certain way for months.  As much as I like, support, and can provide feedback to your system I don't see it replacing the current system unless it offers something completely different or makes the current one more convenient to use.  The dayz forum is pretty clunky so hats off to you if you can make it work the way you want now man.  I'll use it as long as other people will, I just haven't had much luck trading on your site.

I don't mean to downplay or discredit the work you've done, I probably like it the most out of anyone who has seen it, I'm just offering a realistic user perspective to you.  Hopefully you take that the right way.

I'm trying to make it good for the community - I take all suggestions into consideration. I don't really like that idea, but I'll think about it, maybe I can find a mid-point. 

Thanks!

I apologize for falling off the map, lately. Please be assured, I haven't forgot TradeZ. A few things came up, so I have not been able to dedicate as much time towards the project as I'd like. 

Just a quick status update: I've been working on TradeZ for a the last couple hours- fixing various things, iteration, etc. Small, critical, bugfixes aside, the next update is going to coincide with the release of vehicle features in DayZ - I feel that would be best for the platform. Thank you to those who have stuck with it through this quiet period. 

Thanks, as always.