Sign in to follow this  
WingR

Arma X + Six Updater (cant join and need Hive)

Like the title.

I brougt the game today and trying to get DayZ working since 10 hours (with a VERY frustrating break).

I installed it 2 times by now. Now i found out that the reason must be the grey @Hive (L) in my Six Updater.

I also wonder why i cant dontload older patches with the Updater, but this is something else. It would be great if someone could tell me how i install a mod that ANY server needs that is not online anymore.

I'm realy frustrated.

PS:sorry for inperfect spelling/grammar. i'm not english at all :blush:

still saying "This server is running an incorect version... talk to the dayZ stuff"

Installed:

ArmaX

Patched to 1.60

started Six Updater and DLed anything + DayZ

Didnt work (because @hive is missing)

Used your patch and started the game with your *.bat

94364+ new dayz version

not working

installed Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package (x86). Still not working.

maybe you should just add some error codes to the next patch.

i also cant understand why the Six Updater is telling me that i need hive. EVERY fucking server uses this mod. so if it's not needed.. why is someone adding it to the requirements and showing me a red "BAD" on the modcheck?

what should i do now? reinstall 2 DVD's with 2 keys the 3rd time this day? maybe reinstall my whole windows7?

i understand that this is just an alpha. but guys.. come on

ingame its saying that i have the right version (94364). the only problem could be arma2 itself or the istallation of dayZ. last would be given to the way you let people install the game.

if i quote your download area:

Recommended: Use the SixUpdater installation method or download all files

I installed the game 2 times and used it like you recomand.

result: ITS NOT WORKING

ID:120258AX

Stop using six updater then, do it manually, the game works fine for the majority of people so no need to rage just because you can't figure it out.

Ok, I shall help you since I was in the exact same boat.

Now a person from the DayZ team put this up:

"Do not use SixUpdater!

Clean Arma2 X installation

update to ArmA2 CO 1.60 official (707MB)

update to Arma2 93965 beta

Install DayZ 1.7.1.5 alpha (14 files go here -> .../Arma2/@DayZ/Addons)

Start Arma2oa with the beta shortcut

Check "beta" and "@DayZ" ingame

Play on servers saying DayZ 1.7.1.5 and beta 93965"

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=23085

1. What you need to do is get rid of six updater/launcher.

2. Completely uninstall ARMA 2.

3. Then install ARMA 2 plus the expansions. Once both of those are installed I suggest launch ARMA 2 and combined operation.

4. Next you will want to download and install ARMA 2 CO 1.60 patch. Which can be found here: http://www.arma2.com/index.php?Itemid=20 again run both to make sure they are working.

5. You will need the ARMA 2 beta patch next, you need 93965. Can be found here: http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php/ again run both.

6. Then download DayZ 1.7.1.5 from here http://dayzmod.com/downloads.php

I prefer torrent. You should end up with 14 files.

7. Put those 14 files into the following directory (for retail version/ different for steam) "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@DayZ\Addons" note: in the "ARMA 2" folder create a folder called "@DayZ", than within the "@DayZ" folder create a folder called "Addons"

8. In the ARMA 2 directory their will be a file called "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" right click and go to properties. Now, change the target to "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -mod=@dayz"

9. Now run the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" and the game should launch taking you to the main menu. Check that it has @DayZ in the top right and check that the version is 93965 in bottom right.

10. If it shows @DayZ and the correct ARMA 2 version than it should work.

It's probably a specific Arma X issue with the latest beta's due to changed cd-key handling, hence the note not to use SU when you own Arma X, as it always installs the latest beta version.

Looking into workarounds for the issue so you don't have to go through these manual installation hassles.

It seems the team is working on making the Hive and the Mod compatible with the new Player ID handling.

It seems futile to add multiple beta version support for the possibly short time until it's fixed.

However I will add a new option to the Launcher so that you can manually install (and thus control) the Beta patch version.

https://dev-heaven.net/issues/35703

In the latest released auto-update of the software, there's a new Six Launcher option called "Update Beta patch".

From the updated FAQ:

In case of ArmA X, cd-key issues, try disable "Update Beta Patch" in the Options, delete the beta folder located in the ARMA 2 OA\Expansion folder, and install build 93965 manually from: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip

Then just use the Launcher as usual, to update, launch and join servers.

Enjoy!

The suggestion Sickboy posted above worked for me.

I haven't been able to get Dayz working for about a week now.

I kept getting the error: "This server is running an incorrect version of the server side application. You canot play on this server. If you are the server admin please contact DayZ staff" anytime I would try to join a server. This has been happening since the sixupdater pushed an update last week.

I'm running Arma X. I don't have a userid with a letter (as some suggested as being a problem) but, I was running into same frustrations reported in this post.

I deleted the beta folder located in "..Arma 2>Expansion" as Sickboy suggested. I then ran the manual build 93965 linked below. I made sure the option for "Update Beta patch" was unchecked before trying to join a server again. (its checked by default).

This time I loaded right in with no error messages. It even remembered where I left off a week ago with everything in my inventory.

The options menu for those that can't find it is under the twitter logo of the main menu. When you click it a popup will appear containing 5 checkbox options. The 2nd one "Update Beta Patch" is the box you want to uncheck to prevent the beta patch from being updated.

This will prevent you from getting the annoying "please contact DayZ staff" error.

Thanks Sickboy for the work around.

In the latest released auto-update of the software' date=' there's a new [b']Six Launcher option called "Update Beta patch".

From the updated FAQ:

In case of ArmA X, cd-key issues, try disable "Update Beta Patch" in the Options, delete the beta folder located in the ARMA 2 OA\Expansion folder, and install build 93965 manually from: ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_93965.zip

Then just use the Launcher as usual, to update, launch and join servers.

Enjoy!