saintofthesystem

Tents loose stored items

Not much notice of what to expect in the next few patches for tents/storage/peristence, but what's really going on? 

This is a referal video on one issue:  http://youtu.be/fKIuqfj3Z3c

Yet that video still does not explain loosing, say pants with items inside, if that is the only thing stored in a tent.

Some of my single items as well as items inside containers which are inside my tent will randomly disappear.

This could begin happening after one persistent server restart, or it could be fine for a couple days, but eventually things start going poof.

Of course some things still 'reappear' after manipulating the contents after relogging or upon return, but eventually not all will.

Stacking items a certain way has not helped after many restarts for me.

Any update on these and related issues would be appreciated in the future.

Ever thought..

"Someone is taking my stuff."

:| ?

Yes you think that, but then you think its the server stealing from you,

because nobody would steal with this mentality and leave those results.

Nobody would take random crap and leave an ammo box, grenade, or whatever else.

Nobody would take a fireplace and other 4-8 slot items, but leave an FNX pistol or an optic.

Why not just dump everything and take the tent for kicks?

Oh yeah, then you think nobody stole it because you're the one doing the resets/relogs to test it

and different tents get bit in different ways, randomly.

Vests don't seem to survive server restarts, with or without items in them.

Could be Positive Bandits  - they do exist.

I can add to this that in our tents, clothing items - a rain coat, a rider's jacket and a pair of hunter's pants - have disappeared and nothing else - not a single item otherwise - has gone missing in almost 2 weeks.  Neither the rain coat nor the rider's jacket had anything in their slots when placed in the tents.

I put my Smersh VEST+backpack in my tent today well see if it surives or is lost

I have been testing tents for a past week myself. My findings are:

Clothes, vests will always disappear. If you put a scope on a mosin and put mosin in a tent, the scope will disappear. Guns and ammo are persistent. Backpacks with items inside them are too.

You actually do not need a tent, you can put all your stuff in a backpack (like ammo, mags, food etc.) and it will stay after restart. I already have an armory of several mosins, several AKMs and several101's. You just drop a gun in a persistent server and it will stay there. Much easier than looking for tents then trying to hide it etc.

I have been testing tents for a past week myself. My findings are:

Clothes, vests will always disappear. If you put a scope on a mosin and put mosin in a tent, the scope will disappear. Guns and ammo are persistent. Backpacks with items inside them are too.

You actually do not need a tent, you can put all your stuff in a backpack (like ammo, mags, food etc.) and it will stay after restart. I already have an armory of several mosins, several AKMs and several101's. You just drop a gun in a persistent server and it will stay there. Much easier than looking for tents then trying to hide it etc.

Now i placed 3 High cap vests in my tent after restart one was gone, On another tent i placed a smersh Vest + backpack attached and it remianed after 2 restarts so far.

My question is, Do vests just eventually vanish, or do you think it's the fact that the smersh vest with backpack makes it persistent due to it having a backpack attachment

Now i placed 3 High cap vests in my tent after restart one was gone, On another tent i placed a smersh Vest + backpack attached and it remianed after 2 restarts so far.

My question is, Do vests just eventually vanish, or do you think it's the fact that the smersh vest with backpack makes it persistent due to it having a backpack attachment

I am not totally sure, so don't take my words as a fact on this. For example, I put a gorka jacket into smersh backpack and that backpack into bigger backpack which was placed on a persistent server. It survived several restarts for a week. Checked out today, and the jacket was gone. Also, sometimes scopes disappear from mosins too if you put them simply on the ground. I had 6 mosins all with compensators and scopes for a day or so. After restart one scope from a mosin was gone. If you want to know how I found so many mosins, I found them on a server with 8 times more loot.

It seems to be kinda random, but I am fairly certain, that all clothes/vests put on persistent servers will disappear. I havent tried putting vests in tents though since I value vests too much to afford to lose them. But if you noticed yourself that one vest was gone, there is a high chance that others may disappear too eventually.

P.S. smersh vest with backpack attached seems to work as a backpack and backpacks do not disappear from tents or whatsoever.

Edited by MaxRain

Not much notice of what to expect in the next few patches for tents/storage/peristence, but what's really going on? 

This is a referal video on one issue:  http://youtu.be/fKIuqfj3Z3c

Yet that video still does not explain loosing, say pants with items inside, if that is the only thing stored in a tent.

Some of my single items as well as items inside containers which are inside my tent will randomly disappear.

This could begin happening after one persistent server restart, or it could be fine for a couple days, but eventually things start going poof.

Of course some things still 'reappear' after manipulating the contents after relogging or upon return, but eventually not all will.

Stacking items a certain way has not helped after many restarts for me.

Any update on these and related issues would be appreciated in the future.

Items within items, in a tent,  more often then not will be lost upon server restart.

Items that can not be resolved when the server reshuffles the container on restart will be lost. Long items are especially bad, the server trys to stack everything from left to right up to down, if it cant fit it gets deleted.

Items 'vanish' because the client requesting the contents of containers is bugged. Leave a couple slots in the lower right hand cornor of the tent. Drag an item into the empty slot. Items not displayed will refresh and appear.