arlingtine

returning after a break

So took a break for a few weeks. So much improvement. Not getting killed through walls and have only seen one zombie walk through into a sealed room. I also like the idea of adding cold. Although i feel yoy get cold to quickly even with good clothes. At the moment the only issue i have noticed in a few hours gameplay is the axe. Not sure if it is happening with other weapons aswell but i am often unable to strike zombies with my axe. Thought i might have just been missing but even if i just stand there and swing till i am dead i cant get a single hit. Axe is in pristine condition.

• Like 1

Been problems with melee for a while. Dunno why. It was working fine previously, someone decided it was a good idea to redesign the whole system. Been broken since. Hopefully they either fix it soon or revert back the previous working melee system.

Don't stand still and try to hit them. Best strategy is to draw the axe swing animation across the zombie.

Oh i definatly agree with the keep moving strategy to avoid being hit too much i was just stating an example that the axe apparently is unable to hit them moving or not. My last death was due to this.

• Like 1

Hate to agree but have to. Played last night a few hours. Killed by bandits a few times. To be expected that is fine. Finally get some gear and good clothing and firestarting gear. Get killed by single zombie because the fire axe cant hit it. Gonna try breaking again. Is amazing the improvements you notice after taking a short break

I also like the idea of adding cold. Although i feel yoy get cold to quickly even with good clothes.

Since you took a break i don't think you followed the development lately, so this info could be new to you. The devs are implementing seasons, not visually yet but it's effects. Currently ( on stable ) the month is set to december, so it can't possibly get much colder. In the current experimental patch, the month is set to september, and temperature is much easier to handle.

That definatly sets things straight for me. I am from winnipeg where we have minus 40 in the winter sometimes and u could definatly freeze in december. If that is the case then i enjoy it. Would like to see how all the seasons play out. Will you need more water in the summer?