Sign in to follow this  
DonkeyAssHat45

Zombies. essentially 1 hit kill without a weapon.

Im not sure this is just me having crazy bad luck or its an actual part of the game but almost every zombie hit causes bleeding and if you dont have a hatchet or anything to kill the zombies so you can bandage yourself you just end up bleeding out running away because the zombies follow you almost forever.

Iv died SO many times just because I dont have a weapon, a zombie hits me and I cant stop bandage myself. Its to the point were I have to disconect every time I argo a zombie and dont have a weapon.

Has anyone else had this issue or does anyone know a way around this? Im hoping im just doing it wrong but 9/10 hits from zombie = bleed.

Uh.. don't get hit by zombies? Frankly, there's not much else that can be done. I've started bleeding off the first hit and there's been times I've gotten slapped 8-9 times and come away without needing to bandage. Also if you're running from zombies - serpentine!

Why are you getting hit? Even if you attract zombies, it's still easy to outrun them without being hit.

Why are you getting hit? Even if you attract zombies' date=' it's still easy to outrun them without being hit.

[/quote']

This ^

"Serpentine, Serpentine, Serpentine"

... The In-Laws, Peter Falk

The only thing that works for me, is running full out through open buildings or up steep hills...

It would be nice if you could get a boost of adrenaline from your fist hit that increases movement speed by 10%... But gives you the shakes worse then the current 'shake effect'.

Your name made me lol

I see what you are saying there, mostly when you start of you're character and you have never been hit from a zombie, the first few hits it seems that you bleed. I am not sure if it is a common error/bug and then after that if you get hit some time after it seems you don't bleed as easy. But other than that just avoid zombies. And no your name dose not make me lol, it is rather immature.

My personal preference is to look for a hatchet first before I do anything else do prevent such situations. They have a good chance to show up in farm buildings like barns or stables or any industrial site. Once you have your hatchet aggroing a single zombie is no big deal anymore. They might get in a single hit which might still cause bleeding, but since you only need a single hit yourself and you won't attract any further zombies, making a small mistake while stealth moving becomes much less of a problem. Until you find a hatchet I consider it absolutely critical not to get the attention of anything. Out of my about 150 killed zombies so far at least 130 died to the blade of my hatchet and I feel really vulnerable if I happen to lose it due to a glitch (which happens quite frequently).

Aside from jumping on the cool guys bandwagon here and telling you "JuSt DoNt GeT HiT LoLz" it happens, to the best of people. If anyone claims to have never been hit then their lying. You might not have pulled the zombie, someone else might be running a train through, you might bug out and get hit through a wall, you might take risks and go into large infected locations with good loot and suddenly have your character stand up and run for no reason, or volt over a wall and attract a zombie that was hidden away even though you scouted for ages...yeah, there's plenty of reasons for it to happen, and it does

But, there's not much you can do about it.

Safest thing to do is use an axe. Step forward, swing, step back. Pull a gun out and you'll have more on you.

If you have a lot of them then try to find a building, zombies walk slower in them. Preferably a double doored room where you can run through, run out the other side, lose the line of sight and crawl away.

Climb a ladder and smack them as they come up

Run up a hill diagonally and let them follow you as they walk slow, or you can run up and run down and let them break their necks falling down

Run into the tree lines and keep running until you lose them

The more you get use to being patient, the faster your game will progress, after all, sprinting in and attracting them all and then dying, would be a lot longer than watching and waiting. Still, you'll never be completely safe and there will be times you'd get hit.

Try to keep your blood level high, the higher it is, less likely you are to have bad things happen.

I love the hatchet; it's my favorite anti-Z weapon since it's so silent, 1 hit kills, and doesn't need ammo. The problem is, it's about the same difficulty to predict where they're going to be when you hit the fire button as it is to predict where an electron is at any given instant. They also do stuff like run behind you, attack facing away from you, and still do damage which makes the hatchet even harder to be effective with.

tl;dr - Z's be buggin', yo!

You think bleeding is bad from a first hit?

I've had several encounters, where the first swing I get hit with breaks my legs. While this doesn't happen until later in the game, it's still annoying.