Sign in to follow this  
Blankki

Loot amount on different servers

Hello, i'm new here and pretty new to DayZ.

Just asking if the servers can adjust the "spawn rate" for the items, because i was on this one server where you could find like 5 different food items and loads of weapons and ammo in one place, while other servers have like no loot at all. It's like most of the houses had all of their "spawn spots" item in them. Just wondering if it's because the server was restarting like every 30min, or is there really some slider which makes loot spawn like crazy?

Just asking if the servers can adjust the "spawn rate" for the items, because i was on this one server where you could find like 5 different food items and loads of weapons and ammo in one place, while other servers have like no loot at all.

Yeah, sometimes it's weird. Was on a server in Chernaya Polana but found nearly no loot... I thought maybe there've been other players. But then the server restarted and when I logged in there was again nearly no loot in the whole town. And I mean really nearly none at all. Went to the red brick house with the Little stair inside, where normally always is something... at least food. But there was not a single item inside...

Just asking if the servers can adjust the "spawn rate" for the items

No, server admins have no direct control over the ammount of loot spawning.

Yeah, sometimes it's weird. Was on a server in Chernaya Polana but found nearly no loot... I thought maybe there've been other players. But then the server restarted and when I logged in there was again nearly no loot in the whole town. And I mean really nearly none at all. Went to the red brick house with the Little stair inside, where normally always is something... at least food. But there was not a single item inside...

Was it a server with persistence turned on?

There was some word that servers with persistence spawn less loot

No, server admins have no direct control over the ammount of loot spawning.

Okay, was just wondering because where i played even the most small and basic of houses had like 5 food items and some clothes in them, thought it really weird. And the red brickstone house with swirling stairs had 1911 pistol and some other pistol with 2 clips and some other ammo in there, among some other random loot. Also the barn and the place where you keep cows had like 10 items in each. Just seemed a bit excessive.

Oh yeah and when that server restarted the items switched around but still was found in same large amounts...

Was it a server with persistence turned on?

There was some word that servers with persistence spawn less loot

Hmm not sure about that, I didn't think about it but now that you say it, it could've been non-persistence server. That would make more sense i guess

Hmm not sure about that, I didn't think about it but now that you say it, it could've been non-persistence server. That would make more sense i guess

Sorry, i worded that kinda badly. What i meant to say is that servers with persistence on spawn less loot for some reason.

Check it out:

Link 1

Link 2

Sorry, i worded that kinda badly. What i meant to say is that servers with persistence on spawn less loot for some reason.

Check it out:

Link 1

Link 2

Okay thanks that was some nice info, noticed that the amount of loot was really horrible when playing with my friend, ran from Gorka to Dubrovka to Krastosnav and to the airport, and we got almost nothing on the way there, and the airport was all empty :/   This was on a different server that i was talking about in my earlier posts

Edited by Blankki

Hello, i'm new here and pretty new to DayZ.

Just asking if the servers can adjust the "spawn rate" for the items, because i was on this one server where you could find like 5 different food items and loads of weapons and ammo in one place, while other servers have like no loot at all. It's like most of the houses had all of their "spawn spots" item in them. Just wondering if it's because the server was restarting like every 30min, or is there really some slider which makes loot spawn like crazy?

There are several easily accessible topics that have discussed this to death. Try the search function :)