JERRY220

THIS GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR NOOBS

no this game is easy as shit even for a noob. just dont listen to that "bawww dont go to cherno/elektro guys. If you spawn near one of that citys just run like a insane viking in, loot all the shit you can. Now get rid of zeds and then escape in the woods. (yeah maybe you die to some sniper, but who cares?)

zombies are easy' date=' if you're unarmed, just run away, they will never catch you, you can run across the whole map unharmed. if you want to lose them, just enter any building with 2 entrances, wait until they follow you inside, and leave.

If you want a gun, just go into a barn and pickup a shotgun. its not that hard.

Morphine is somewhat rare, so its a natural goal to stock up on it. Just go to a hospital and take it, unless you already find several on your way there.

Zombies are not op at all, you're just to lazy tolearn to play properly.

In real life, if you didn't have a gun against zombies you wouldn't start complaining, but instead start running. Why don't you try that in the game? It works just fine.

[/quote']

In real life there are no zombies except in the sugar plantations in Haiti, and In real life I could close the doors and zombies wouldn't be able to attack through walls walk through doors and walk through barriers.

"Zombies are not op at all, you're just to lazy tolearn to play properly."

Similar to how you happen to be to lazy to type out a coherent statement? Seriously I suck at spelling but at least people can understand my typos.

Jerry - please check your PM's. I'd like to team up in a game with you tonight if you're available.

I would love to debate your nonsensical logic.

your tears are delicious man, thanks for the lulz

You forgot to add:

- 1 hit KO and death from a zombie with 8999 blood.

- NO VEHICLES ON ANY MAP. Why? Admins and clans hoarded all the vehicles, storing the of maps so that NEW ones dont spawn

- BRING BACK THE SIDE CHAT.

- I am ok with no weapons, but WHERE IS ALL THE LOOT? Barns, factories have NO weapons.

- 1 hit bleeding. From every zombies. Yes, its realism!

- many more.

I just started two weeks ago, today 6 friends are testing to, this game is awesome.mwe have a lot of fun testing the new zombie behavior and we are doin quite good. Its the right direction in my opinion.

4) Anyone who actually knows how to play started playing when the game first gave you a f*cking gun at start! Think of the first time you played DayZ. What did you do? Unless you are a fellow noob I would say YOU. F*CKING. USED. THE GODDAMN. STARTER GUN. With the starter gun you learned how the basic shooting mechanics and were able to defend your ass from bandits and zombies. Now you are experienced with this game. Now you know what your doing. So when the starter gun is removed' date=' guess who is isn't affected. YOU! Guess who is? MOTHER F*CKING ME![/quote']

To learn how to use the guns, one could for example start the Armory instead of going online. There it's possible to practice with the different weapons and vehicles.

Anyone who disagrees should comment I would love to debate your nonsensical logic.

That tone isn't exactly inviting to a friendly discussion.

You forgot to add:

- NO VEHICLES ON ANY MAP. Why? Admins and clans hoarded all the vehicles' date=' storing the of maps so that NEW ones dont spawn

- I am ok with no weapons, but WHERE IS ALL THE LOOT? Barns, factories have NO weapons.

- many more.

[/quote']

In order

- Occasionally yes. Somehow though, I keep ending up with around 3k health. Lucky? Perhaps, but getting mauled by zeds isn't necessarily a guaranteed death.

- I've found and spotted many vehicles. They are hoarded, but they exist after the people who took them logout. If you're particularly eager to find such a rare resource, get some friends and start combing the map.

- Side Chat was a neat resource, particularly for new players. I'd suggest linking up the with DayZ teamspeak or similar.

- Loot seems fine on every server I play at. Finding completely cleared out buildings has always been an indication that I am following another player. Along the coast, that's fairly common.

- 1 hit bleeding isn't guaranteed either. You bleed often, yes, so I would advise carrying all the bandages you can if it's become that much a problem. I tend to keep 2 when I can, I have another friend who's bled out so often he refuses to keep less than 4. Your mileage may vary.

Honestly, I can say this game taught me how to use a compass and a map. Even looking at the direction shadows are pointing! A lot of the problems you describe you're running into are bugs. Zombies walking and hitting through walls are obviously not intended. Learn to use the mechanics of the game to your advantage :) Zombies de-aggro very easily when you learn how. Yes, they hit hard. No, they don't ever have to hit you.

op leave, just leave. I started Playing this game 2 days ago complete noob and was able to find a shotgun in a barn in the first hour. Also play at night where there is much less players, sure it might be harder but you much more loot because of the less players. And I never got killed by a zombie cause you can sneak in the game to avoid them.

If rocket listened to you this game would suck

This is your fault OP. Get some new tactics. You cant just crouch through a town and expect to come out unscathed.

Hatchets are incredibly easy to find, if you cant find one then you need to step up your game.

Zombies aren't overpowered, you just suck. Stay away from walls anyway.

The game is in alpha. There are bound to be bugs.

If I can survive, you can survive.

Get off of the forums. We have way too many of these "THE GAME IS TOO HARD WHY CANT I OHK ZOMBIES AND WHY DONT I HAVE A GUN THIS IS BULLSHIT!" threads.

2)I didn't say I wasn't enjoying the game I just don't want to invest 4 hours into the thing to get anywhere.

sorry to break it to ya but this prolly isnt the right game for you. what you gonna do when your week old character gets headshot from across the map? yea....

Actually, either head in to cherno/elektro/balota airfield, if you spawn there, take what you can, then GTFO, oor just get out of doge and head for a barn.

Finding a hatchet is probably a good "start" tbh.

Iv'e died once since the "no gun" patch, and manged to get a hatchet, and then did what I just suggested, Now Iv'e been alive over a week :P

I just was shot by a bandit an hour ago and lost everything.

Now I have a 24 slot backpack, DMR, G17, blood, rangefinder, gps...

I did shoot someone for it, but it took me about 10 minutes to find 2 rifles, 1 shotgun and a pistol.

He also deserved it, damn respawn hunting bandit.

This is the most unsatisfying read on the forums I have seen yet. Only been playing for a week and a couple of days, really don't understand how people don't get the hang of it.

Advice would be to head to cherno or electro when you spawn, no supplies = no reason to fret over dying and you will find supplies fast in both cities. To avoid zombies crouch and hold shift so you walk or double tap it so it keeps you walking.

People who aren't new to the game adapted to no-guns quickly due to meta-gaming knowledge. We can recognize what buildings are enterable, which buildings have loot, what to avoid, etc.

I can understand getting rid of the makarov, but this hurts new players the most. Everyone else knows where to go.

Reducing ammo won't work either, because players would just kill each other for makaroni mags.

The solution, imo, is to let everyone start with a crowbar. Seems very elegant to me. Players talk to each other before they can get within whacking distance, there is no point in whacking each other because the other player only carries a crowbar same as you. You can defend against a zombie which followed you into the woods instead of suiciding or initiating a marathon.

You forgot to add:

- NO VEHICLES ON ANY MAP. Why? Admins and clans hoarded all the vehicles' date=' storing the of maps so that NEW ones dont spawn

- many more.

[/quote']

In order

- Occasionally yes. Somehow though, I keep ending up with around 3k health. Lucky? Perhaps, but getting mauled by zeds isn't necessarily a guaranteed death.

- I've found and spotted many vehicles. They are hoarded, but they exist after the people who took them logout. If you're particularly eager to find such a rare resource, get some friends and start combing the map.

- Side Chat was a neat resource, particularly for new players. I'd suggest linking up the with DayZ teamspeak or similar.

- Loot seems fine on every server I play at. Finding completely cleared out buildings has always been an indication that I am following another player. Along the coast, that's fairly common.

- 1 hit bleeding isn't guaranteed either. You bleed often, yes, so I would advise carrying all the bandages you can if it's become that much a problem. I tend to keep 2 when I can, I have another friend who's bled out so often he refuses to keep less than 4. Your mileage may vary.

In order

- I had 8200 blood was 1 hit KOed and DIED. Nothing I could do.

Has to be fixed

- Vehicels should NOT be rare. They dont break the balance. Its exactly the opposite - vehicles give the way to EXPLORE. Isnt what this game is about? To explore. I dont want to play with a buddy. Right now clans and admins are cheating and have a total control of all the vehicles.

Has to be fixed

- So make sidechat on regular servers, NO SC on veteran. Whats the problem? I dont want to use teamspeak. The less software the better.

- There is to few loot. Small towns have no loot spawn at all. Has to be fixed

- Bleeding is procing TOO oft.

In order

- I had 8200 blood was 1 hit KOed and DIED. Nothing I could do.

Has to be fixed

- Vehicels should NOT be rare. They dont break the balance. Its exactly the opposite - vehicles give the way to EXPLORE. Isnt what this game is about? To explore. I dont want to play with a buddy. Right now clans and admins are cheating and have a total control of all the vehicles.

Has to be fixed

- So make sidechat on regular servers' date=' NO SC on veteran. Whats the problem? I dont want to use teamspeak. The less software the better.

- There is to few loot. Small towns have no loot spawn at all. Has to be fixed

- Bleeding is procing TOO oft.

[/quote']

You get knocked out as a % chance when under 9k blood. It's known, it's intended, either keep blood or expect to get beat down. Occasionally you come to in time, often you don't. Friends help you out here but often they're not fast enough either. Not a problem, no fix required. "I got shot in the head by a sniper, couldn't do a thing! Died instantly!" is about as strong an argument.

EDIT: Don't see how this HAS to be fixed. I don't see it as broken.

You can explore fine by walking. I don't see a benefit in giving everyone their own personal auto. I personally much prefer to have them be a rare and valued resource. Playing with or without a buddy doesn't factor in here, I suggested a buddy as it will make sweeping the map faster, but I lone wolf all the time and I know I'm not the only one. I agree to disagree. It's a matter of opinion, and mine differs. I don't think I'd care too much if they were super common or not though. I'd still walk everywhere.

I wasn't particularly fond of all the spam from sidechat. I don't see an issue with having it, but I don't see not having it breaking the game either. Don't see a problem either way. SC, no SC, *shrug*. What's your concern/need for it? Out of curiousity?

There is PLENTY of loot. Finding where to look can be a real problem until you're used to the game, freely admitted. Explore, get used to what can and can't generate loot, and take a good hunt because it crops up in odd places. I've YET to find a town totally devoid of loot. Town in this instance, being anyplace with a collection of buildings and a name. I've seen a few bundles of buildings off the road, without a name/sign, that really didn't have anything but zombies. I'd avoid those. I'd like more loot spots, but I don't see it as broken. Go to a town if you want loot. Small towns of 8 houses, often still have loot. If you want, we can roll out together to a small town and I'll find it with you. If you were curious, I only play on one server at a time, I don't hop servers in hunt of lots of loot all at once, and it still doesn't seem like there's a shortage of it.

Bleeding is meant to be a matter of concern in my opinion. if someone tore a chunk out of me, I imagine I'd be losing quite a bit of blood, much less 20 people chewing on me, or riddling me with buckshot. If nothing else, I enjoy that it gives a sense of danger to ANY encounter where you can take damage, and it gives a lot more tension to my situation the next time I'm out of bandages, have broken legs, and have to crawl 1-2km to the nearest hospital.

If they add back in guns at start, I'm quitting the game. Seriously. I started just before guns were removed and instantly fell in love once they were gone. The zombies are easy to avoid, just practice. That's the game, learning to survive. You won't be a huge success every life but it's not hard to get started once you've played for a few days.

Edit: Really it took me less than a week to feel comfortable starting out with no weapon. Do people really want to be able to instantly play any game well? No learning curve what so ever? To me the most fun part was learning to survive, enjoy it while you can. It's really remarkably easy to figure out a decent loot path to get yourself enough mid range gear that zombies are almost never a threat.

Hey look I'm gonna make a video and carefully explain how to go from nub to mediocre. Cause I'll admit I'm not amazing at the game. Anyway give me a little bit and I'll respond with a link to my stream which will archive itself if I can get xsplit working with DayZ.

If you're having trouble getting started, be the groundhog.

I know you're not used to playing a game where simply moving can be dangerous. You're playing one now. Relax, calm down, take it slow and you will succeed.

Start in barns and deer stands, then consider a brief stop over at a hospital before moving on to grocery stores, military camps, crashed helicopter sites and barracks. You can do all of this without ever going within 1500m of Chernogorsk or Elektrozovadsk.

Find at least one friend to play with you. If you don't have a friend who plays, try and make one. A partnership is greater than the sum of its parts. Adding friends to your play style will increase your survival rates by orders of magnitude. +1 player is worth 10x survival rate increase, and +2 is 100x, etc. Move with a group of ~5 competent, trusted companions. Plan your play times so you synchronize as often as possible. I refuse to play alone now because I have experienced the effectiveness of tactical team play.

You're not going to get it on your first or second try. Or you're 30th. But you will get there if you're patient and learn from your mistakes.

I promise.

I know someone who plays every day, hours a day, constantly challenging himself on high-value loot targets and vehicle hunting. He's on Day 39.

I didn't read all the posts so I'm sorry if this has been said.

It's not hard if you have played ArmA for any length of time. It is hard if you are used to arcade shooters though. Using stealth and making sure you have some level of situational awareness at all times goes a long way in the game.

I have been in areas where a lot of PvP is going on and no one even notices me as I don't like to get involved with that. Just use shadows and cover and you will be alright.

This game is the sh*t. This is game of the year type content. The premise is frigging brilliant. It is about time someone came up with a realistic zombie survival game. But with the direction it is headed it will never succeed at anything except pissing off the few who try it and gain no new users. I have tried to write out exactly what I'm talking about several times but I think a list is the only way to do it:

1) Zombies are waaaaaaaaaay over powered when you have no weapons or supplies. They can still attack through walls and walk right through barriers and doors and only have to hit you a few times before they cripple you or knock you out for two f*cking minutes. And unless you are incredibly lucky you will never find a morphine auto injector or wake up in time.

Noob hating A-hole:"Just get out of their line of sight."

Me: "BULLSH*T. That never works because one will always still find you and make hiding impossible."

2) Apparently noobs are a f*cking delicacy to anyone and everyone who has any real weapons. On the off chance you actually find a winchester 1886 or an m1911 or crossbow' date=' it sure as sh*t doesn't add up to whatever the bandits have on them. Especially since you, the noob, have no idea how to shoot and your gun sucks, where, the bandit, has a freaking AKM and is pinpoint accurate.

Noob Hating A-hole:"Don't go into populated areas until you have a good weapon then, idiot."

Me:"And just where the hell am I supposed to get a good weapon then? IN DENSELY POPULATED MILITARY AND INDUSTRIAL AREAS DAMNIT!"

3) Rural areas are death traps. Every post I read I see some asshat who says to get away from the coast until you find a weapon. Oh so I can get lost in the desolate woods or get killed on the damn road? And almost every rural town has only a single enter-able building. Usually the kind where there is only one door, that zombies can f*cking walk through, and no goodies. So now your stuck in a building with no way out an a hoard of zombies headed for you. Brilliant.

4) Anyone who actually knows how to play started playing when the game first gave you a f*cking gun at start! Think of the first time you played DayZ. What did you do? Unless you are a fellow noob I would say YOU. F*CKING. USED. THE GODDAMN. STARTER GUN. With the starter gun you learned how the basic shooting mechanics and were able to defend your ass from bandits and zombies. Now you are experienced with this game. Now you know what your doing. So when the starter gun is removed, guess who is isn't affected. YOU! Guess who is? MOTHER F*CKING ME!

Noob Hating A-hole:"Dude your just some C.O.D. spoiled brat who is used to being a god in games. This game is not like that and is not for you."

Me:"I am not asking to be a f*cking god in this game. I want a fair fucking playing field. I don't want to die at the hands of overpowered super zombies I can't loose, or get killed by a fully armed and all powerful veteran who started playing when he still had the capability to learn most of the games mechanics WITHOUT dying fifty billion motherf*cking god forsaken times."

If this game doesn't fix at least a few of these problems no new players will actually play long enough to enjoy it. They will give up and not tell any of their friends about it, and then their friends will not play and then this awesome concept of a game will be dead before it even officially existed. I WANT THIS GAME TO EXIST. The one out of ten times that I don't die from some BS I actually have a great time, a vision of what this game should be like.

Anyone who disagrees should comment I would love to debate your nonsensical logic.

[/quote']

1. Cool your jets, coming on to the forum and unleashing your rant of how you hate all veteran players will not net you any love. I don't know where you're coming from but you'll receive no help for this kind of attitude. Your making sweeping generalizations as if you're the voice of every new player.

2. Nonsensical logic is saying "I just started playing Dayz this is the best game ever" and following that statement with "This whole things gonna go up in flames if they don't fix ____!!!!!"

3. This game is NOT about shooting as many zombies as you can. If you're not playing with a friend you should be looking for farmhouses for your first gun. Knowing the map is more important then having a gun. If you're constantly firing your gun you're doing something wrong. You're only going to attract more zombies and bandits to your location. You'll live longer by running zombies through buildings and ditching them then you ever will by trying to kill them.

4. Saying Vets are going around shooting new players is just plain asinine, you gain nothing by wasting your resources on someone who has nothing. The only people you'll find killing weaponless noobs are other noobs who accidentally stumbled across a AK and decided thats how they'll have fun.

5. New players will never learn how to use a gun because they don't spawn with them? Uh... how about when they find one? How is finding a gun inside a building for the first time any different then spawning for the first time with one in your hand. Either way, this is the first time you've handled that gun. Your suggestion is just a half thought out excuse.

6. If you think the zombies are "too hard" this mod is not for you. Pretty much everything you suggest is completely opposed to your notion that you like Dayz. If you liked it you'd be playing right now and not taking a huge attitude dump on the forums. You are intended to die, and die often.

In short, please do us a favor and don't tell any of your friends about this game.

Not to plug my video which I made a few patches back when we started with guns but I still use most of the same principles. I've died many times since the 'no gun' patch and usually make it on my own. Sometimes I get killed two or three times before I can get away from the coast but I always get back in the saddle and eventually nicely equipped again. I suppose it takes a bit of patience and some good luck but it's doable. I've had two Day 6 characters and a few over Day 3 or 4.

Regardless, I can get off the coast and equipped with food, water, some tools and a primary and secondary weapon within a few hours. It might take a couple of deaths but it's doable.

Try the video, it might help, people play this game in many different ways.

Dayz Tutorial for Noobs by a Noob

I started playing with 1.7.1.5 and I haven't had any issues in learning the ropes and playing -- and no' date=' I am not a "hardcore" gamer who calls everyone a "carebear" or "CoD kiddie."

You get used to it: Adapt and overcome.

[/quote']

Indeed. I'm 8 hours into my first character, and while I've been hovering at 9,000 blood for 7 of those hours the game isn't as impossible as the OP makes it out to be.

1) Zombies are waaaaaaaaaay over powered

Stealth, stealth, stealth. Zombies only beat the shit out of you if you let them see you, and that's the point - when you spawn, you're not a god player set up to survive after 3 seconds. Once you have a gun, zombies are laughable - does the fact that you get owned while defenseless make zombies overpowered? No, it means that you're being to aggressive when it comes to looting.

2) Apparently noobs are a f*cking delicacy to anyone and everyone who has any real weapons

A weapon's a weapon. That sniper didn't kill you because he had a DMR and you had a Makarov, he killed you because you were running down the middle of the street, trying to shoot him from 500m from the hip. You aren't outmatched by firepower in this game - sure, an M4 will outshoot an Enfield, but the key is that only an idiot will actively engage a bandit with an Enfield rather than run and hide.

And, in fact, urban areas aren't the best place to get military gear. Sure, NWA and Stary have great drop rates, but deer stands drop military gear often, and there are dozens of stands littered around Cherno - it just takes patience to get to them.

3) Rural areas are death traps

Again, your fault, not the game. A horde won't converge on your position in a building unless you attract it - running around instead of walking, sprinting instead of crawling, etc. Rural areas are extremely easy to infiltrate because it's so open - in urban areas, you have to check corners, in farms you just have to sit on a hill until the zombies disperse a bit.

Better yet, a lot of the better guns in the game spawn outside of urban areas. Deer stands, as I've said, have good loot, just less probability than towns. Farms are grade-A locations to get weapons that give you a hand over zombies.

Best of all, you can RUN in rural areas. Yeah, you're trapped in a building, and running out will attract the horde... but just run up a hill, break LoS, and go prone. You have 226 square kilometers of wilderness to lose 'em in.

4) Anyone who actually knows how to play started playing when the game first gave you a f*cking gun at start!

Again, it's a matter of mentality. Not being able to shoot zombies means avoiding them is all the more important.

However, I have to give OP some credit. As it is, the game DOES have an extremely sharp learning curve. First, you have the curve to learn ArmA 2's controls and mechanics (even with the tutorials). Then, you have the curve of figuring out what the hell to do - where are the danger zones, what's the "just died, no gear" strategy?

I've managed to jump the curve through excessive research (anyone else watch Nooby's Misadventures?) and wikiwalking prior to playing, but should hours of Youtube/wiki studies be necessary to play the mod without frustration?

Sure, the OP's a noob whose argument comes off as whiny and juvenile, but we have to ask - is DayZ really too hard on newcomers, like he says?