JERRY220

THIS GAME IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR NOOBS

This game is the sh*t. This is game of the year type content. The premise is frigging brilliant. It is about time someone came up with a realistic zombie survival game. But with the direction it is headed it will never succeed at anything except pissing off the few who try it and gain no new users. I have tried to write out exactly what I'm talking about several times but I think a list is the only way to do it:

1) Zombies are waaaaaaaaaay over powered when you have no weapons or supplies. They can still attack through walls and walk right through barriers and doors and only have to hit you a few times before they cripple you or knock you out for two f*cking minutes. And unless you are incredibly lucky you will never find a morphine auto injector or wake up in time.

Noob hating A-hole:"Just get out of their line of sight."

Me: "BULLSH*T. That never works because one will always still find you and make hiding impossible."

2) Apparently noobs are a f*cking delicacy to anyone and everyone who has any real weapons. On the off chance you actually find a winchester 1886 or an m1911 or crossbow, it sure as sh*t doesn't add up to whatever the bandits have on them. Especially since you, the noob, have no idea how to shoot and your gun sucks, where, the bandit, has a freaking AKM and is pinpoint accurate.

Noob Hating A-hole:"Don't go into populated areas until you have a good weapon then, idiot."

Me:"And just where the hell am I supposed to get a good weapon then? IN DENSELY POPULATED MILITARY AND INDUSTRIAL AREAS DAMNIT!"

3) Rural areas are death traps. Every post I read I see some asshat who says to get away from the coast until you find a weapon. Oh so I can get lost in the desolate woods or get killed on the damn road? And almost every rural town has only a single enter-able building. Usually the kind where there is only one door, that zombies can f*cking walk through, and no goodies. So now your stuck in a building with no way out an a hoard of zombies headed for you. Brilliant.

4) Anyone who actually knows how to play started playing when the game first gave you a f*cking gun at start! Think of the first time you played DayZ. What did you do? Unless you are a fellow noob I would say YOU. F*CKING. USED. THE GODDAMN. STARTER GUN. With the starter gun you learned how the basic shooting mechanics and were able to defend your ass from bandits and zombies. Now you are experienced with this game. Now you know what your doing. So when the starter gun is removed, guess who is isn't affected. YOU! Guess who is? MOTHER F*CKING ME!

Noob Hating A-hole:"Dude your just some C.O.D. spoiled brat who is used to being a god in games. This game is not like that and is not for you."

Me:"I am not asking to be a f*cking god in this game. I want a fair fucking playing field. I don't want to die at the hands of overpowered super zombies I can't loose, or get killed by a fully armed and all powerful veteran who started playing when he still had the capability to learn most of the games mechanics WITHOUT dying fifty billion motherf*cking god forsaken times."

If this game doesn't fix at least a few of these problems no new players will actually play long enough to enjoy it. They will give up and not tell any of their friends about it, and then their friends will not play and then this awesome concept of a game will be dead before it even officially existed. I WANT THIS GAME TO EXIST. The one out of ten times that I don't die from some BS I actually have a great time, a vision of what this game should be like.

Anyone who disagrees should comment I would love to debate your nonsensical logic.

Your best bet is to calm down and learn to understand the zombi' limitations. Stay away from the coast and into the shrub because there are less zombies there and people wont see you.

Find a gun in the major cities/barns or houses and whatever weapons the Bandits have is irrelevant. You can kill someone 1 shot with a Makarov. Winchester is an amazing rifle. If you conceal yourself, bandits wont be able to detect you as easily and you may find yourself in a favorable position next time.

We all die, we all start with nothing but end up with something.

I couldnt be bothered to read your post because honestly it just sounded like someone who doesnt understand the game complaining.

I never started with a starting weapon, but I am not raging at the machine, nor do I find it impossible to avoid the infected.

Is the game frustrating? Yes.

That's the way they designed it, if you don't like it you don't have to play.

"Enhance your calm john spartan...."

If you are just not enjoying the game....don't play. The zombies need to be a threat.

It IS possible to sneak past zombies, through an entire town of them. You crawl a lot, use the alt key to look around alot. (more so on a veteren or expert server where 3rd person is turned off...). Also a great pair of headphones is almost a must this game does make great use of directional sound.

If you can get the timing down, and learn how to use the hatchet, zombies should be more of a nuisance than a threat.

I will say the insta leg break power the zeds have is annoying.

Other players can be jerks, I have ran into a lot of them. It's part of the game play.

Your rant sounds more like a someone saying "It's to hard...turn easy mode back on....."

Dunno just sayin....

1) Zombies are waaaaaaaaaay over powered when you have no weapons or supplies. They can still attack through walls and walk right through barriers and doors and only have to hit you a few times before they cripple you or knock you out for two f*cking minutes. And unless you are incredibly lucky you will never find a morphine auto injector or wake up in time.

Noob hating A-hole:"Just get out of their line of sight."

Me: "BULLSH*T. That never works because one will always still find you and make hiding impossible."

There is plenty of people with week-old characters and a LOT of characters with at least a day survived' date=' seems others manage to cope it by taking their time instead of expecting a zombie not to see them when they are 20 meters away from them.

2) Apparently noobs are a f*cking delicacy to anyone and everyone who has any real weapons. On the off chance you actually find a winchester 1886 or an m1911 or crossbow, it sure as sh*t doesn't add up to whatever the bandits have on them. Especially since you, the noob, have no idea how to shoot and your gun sucks, where, the bandit, has a freaking AKM and is pinpoint accurate.

Noob Hating A-hole:"Don't go into populated areas until you have a good weapon then, idiot."

Me:"And just where the hell am I supposed to get a good weapon then? IN DENSELY POPULATED MILITARY AND INDUSTRIAL AREAS DAMNIT!"

Helicopter crashsites are the best spot on the map, and the least camped by snipers.

3) Rural areas are death traps. Every post I read I see some asshat who says to get away from the coast until you find a weapon. Oh so I can get lost in the desolate woods or get killed on the damn road? And almost every rural town has only a single enter-able building. Usually the kind where there is only one door' date=' that zombies can f*cking walk through, and no goodies. So now your stuck in a building with no way out an a hoard of zombies headed for you. Brilliant. [/quote']

I'm sure every town has signs and every spawnpoint has obvious marks that make it very clear where you are on the map. A bit of map knowledge and common sense on how map navigating works and you can get anywhere without any tools to assist you whatsoever.

4) Anyone who actually knows how to play started playing when the game first gave you a f*cking gun at start! Think of the first time you played DayZ. What did you do? Unless you are a fellow noob I would say YOU. F*CKING. USED. THE GODDAMN. STARTER GUN. With the starter gun you learned how the basic shooting mechanics and were able to defend your ass from bandits and zombies. Now you are experienced with this game. Now you know what your doing. So when the starter gun is removed' date=' guess who is isn't affected. YOU! Guess who is? MOTHER F*CKING ME!

Noob Hating A-hole:"Dude your just some C.O.D. spoiled brat who is used to being a god in games. This game is not like that and is not for you."

Me:"I am not asking to be a f*cking god in this game. I want a fair fucking playing field. I don't want to die at the hands of overpowered super zombies I can't loose, or get killed by a fully armed and all powerful veteran who started playing when he still had the capability to learn most of the games mechanics WITHOUT dying fifty billion motherf*cking god forsaken times."

[/quote']

Weapons on spawns aren't coming back, at least there are no plans for that. Zombies are being played with, but will never be really easier than they are now, navigating won't be easier, weapon spawns won't drastically change and the game will never be fair.

I started playing with 1.7.1.5 and I haven't had any issues in learning the ropes and playing -- and no, I am not a "hardcore" gamer who calls everyone a "carebear" or "CoD kiddie."

You get used to it: Adapt and overcome.

Well yeah obviously the game is impossible for noobs - the term itself leads itself to "can't perform the required action".

I think you're looking for the word newb(ie)

I just started playing the game a few days ago, so I've never spawned with a weapon and yet I still seem to manage the game just fine. :) I have no problem fighting other players, either, but sure I've been shot several times with no idea where the other person was, but 9/10 times the only reason I was shot and killed was because I didn't pay attention to my surroundings. I still wasn't really thinking as much as was needed to play this game. You have to actually consider that everyone else can also use their brain and scout, other players also want to take a good vantage point, and things that look shiny to you also look shiny to your enemies.

It's quite amazing. I was playing last night and made it to the airstrip at Balota with just an axe only to run into 3 people fighting on or around the strip, and of course I was talking over direct saying that I was rolling around with only an axe and that shooting me wouldn't accomplish anything for them. One player in the air control tower stopped firing at me, but someone with an AK would not stop trying to kill me. He eventually pegged me once or twice and dropped me to 4k blood, but I was able to rush him with the axe, break his leg, and kill him as I died. The game is not as hard as you are making it out to be.

I'd like to approach this idea of "impossibility" and "game"

For something to be impossible it cannot be able to be interacted with or dealt with in anyway. This is one post of rants from one character who is completely over shadowed by the land slide of "rocket this is the best game ever" etc. Could this game use a tutorial sure... but the ever constant reminder that this is an alpha is still present and listening to interviews this game won't be getting any easier.

Game -> an activity that is done for fun or amusement. If your not having fun don't play, coming to the boards to complain isn't mature or smart and will probably be made into a meme at some point.

My suggestion to you, educate yourself. Learning how to use a compass in game is the exact same way as using one in real life same with reading that topographic map. These are the realistic elements that make the game fun for us.

If you can't educate yourself about these elements ask about them on the forum or in new player discussion there are helpful people on here but its not about WHAT you ask its HOW you ask.

Good luck

the punishing difficulty is probably half the reason why most of us love it, even if you think your pro, the game slaps you in the face and says... no.

but its quite easy to learn, impossible to master.

You really do need to chill out a smidge, I've only been playing for like two weeks or so, I joined right after the update that took away the starter weapon and inadvertently zombies have super senses. Yes it was tough and I died lots, most through my own mistakes but a few times due to bugs and glitches, but I'm still here. The mod is still in it's alpha stage so yeah there are some horrifically frustrating bugs to do with zombies hitting through walls but those will get patched out in time.

The simple tools you need to have to understanding and surviving this mod are patience, willingness to experiment, trial and error, patience (yeah I know, I mentioned that already, but you really do need lots of patience) and a realization for the fact that you will die lots, repeatedly, over and over and over again. Don't get attached to your gear because you won't be holding on to it for very long when you're a noob. This mod is harsh, brutal and unforgiving. The same could be said for a large chuck of the player base too. The learning curve is so steep it's practically vertical but it is far from impossible but only if you are willing to accept that it is an alpha that requires a lot of time and effort and plenty of respawns before you get to a point where you're able to survive.

I really don't want to use that cliched and over used term "Maybe this isn't the game for you" but if the bugs and difficult gameplay machanics are getting to you then maybe this isn't the game for you right now given it's current state. If you're at that stage where you just want to launch your monitor out the window then take a break, check back periodically and see if those buggy zombie mechanics have been fixed.

But if you are willing to stick with it then I'd suggest that you don't add another rage post, start reading the guides posted in the new survivors section, get a map (there's one linked in a reply to your last rage post) learn how to deal with zombies (running into a building isn't the only way to ditch the zombie train) and maybe even think about joining a group of players that are willing to take you under their wing and show you what's what, what to do, what not to do and where all the cool stuff is.

tl;dr, lazy bum, read the damn post or GTFO!

This is possibly the funniest post I have ever seen on the forums. This guy must be the king of all noobs... It isn't that hard to start off, just sneak and find weapons. It is best always to hit the 2 Major City's (Elektro and Cherno) Just sneak by take food/drink/guns/equipment and get the hell of of there. It really isn't that hard if you play smart. I think you should stop gaming if you are really that bad...

Wow where to begin ... I'll keep it short.

With every death, you gain experience how to achieve a longer lifespan the next time. This mod isn't for people that give up right away and also not for people who cling to items or any kind of character status.

You die, you die very often. Your first goal is to survive longer than the current average (31m) if you make it that long in the beginning you have a good foundation. Now grab a hatchet and keep on going. Its really not that tough once you "get it". If you don't ever "get it" then its probably never going to be a gameplay you will enjoy. Also try hitting up a friend (preferebly with a bit experience) to play with, makes it much more enjoyable.

I never accomplished much before I started using the various online maps.

I purposefully stayed away from the maps at first, trying to find my way through the world with only what the game had given me. But I ran across many of the issues that you mentioned. In addition to being able to find your way around, it helps to know where exactly to look for loot.

The game is exponentially easier when you know where to go and how to get there.

Here's my two pence.

1. The zombies are waaaaaay too easy. And it takes me 2-4 hours to get 90% of the equipment I need, and pretty much 100% of the things I need to be completely self sufficient in the wilderness. After that point, I can survive indefinitely for weeks no problem.

2. You will only be hunted by one of those retarded bandits (AKA COD kiddy who thinks PKing is the epitome of making use of this mod).

The guy gave you sound advice, don't bring a knife to a gunfight. Extrapolate ad infinitum.

3. Rural areas are very safe. So long as you aren't an ADD suffering tourettes syndrome victim who wears chemlights at all hours singing at the top of his lungs and firing at everything in sight. Which is what you sound like.

4. The makarov was all but useless anyway. Takes me about 10 mins-1 hour to find a good gun.

Just learn how to play, and stop demanding that everything be lowered to your level.

Learn maps. Learn not to fuckin make a lot of noise. Learn to observe a Locale before fuckin up. Learn to know your target, go in fast get out fast. Learn Hot zones. Learn your AO. Learn How to play.... essentially Learn. All games today took away Difficulty..... you ran into one that hasn't. Try Dark Souls, there's another rage game. Stfu and play.

AD1 Dont fight the zombies head on just run away if u sprint in a staight line or even simply walk crouched the zombies wont hit u. Try loosing them insied a building with 2 exits, or on a hill, or if u aggro new one while loosing the old ones just run to the forest no zombies there, or and thats the easiest solotion although requires patience dont aggro them at all... also ur 100% sure to find morphine in hospitals that are easily accesible

AD2 Good players with expirience will always have an advantage on new players without expirience and gear... as for the weapons try barns/deer stands etc. also u can just run into balota, if ur lucky ull get a gun if ur not lucky ull die, not much lose there since u dont have any gear anyway

AD3 just use a map with loot, and to spare u from the difficult and hard proces of googling http://dayzmap.info/

AD4 Stop thinking that u can kill the zombies, u cant, instead of saying that u dont have a gun, try playing stealthy, and picking ur fight dont just go into any town u find. If u know where u can get geared into proper gear - military grade weapons like the m4, allice backpack, all the basics in around 2 hours... u can get fully geared in 2 days, aside maybe for NVGS and GPS

Conclusion - this game is hard, the devs are making it even harder and ppl still buy it and find it amazing, so i guess the onle way is to adapt and learn or go play some other game like L4D

zombies are easy, if you're unarmed, just run away, they will never catch you, you can run across the whole map unharmed. if you want to lose them, just enter any building with 2 entrances, wait until they follow you inside, and leave.

If you want a gun, just go into a barn and pickup a shotgun. its not that hard.

Morphine is somewhat rare, so its a natural goal to stock up on it. Just go to a hospital and take it, unless you already find several on your way there.

Zombies are not op at all, you're just to lazy tolearn to play properly.

In real life, if you didn't have a gun against zombies you wouldn't start complaining, but instead start running. Why don't you try that in the game? It works just fine.

I started playing one day before they took our gun at spawn away. I've never had an issue

the thing is, even when I have a gun, I do everything I can to avoid having to shoot it. I think some people are just in too much of a hurry to kill a bunch of zombies

"Enhance your calm john spartan...."

If you are just not enjoying the game....don't play. The zombies need to be a threat.

It IS possible to sneak past zombies' date=' through an entire town of them. You crawl a lot, use the alt key to look around alot. (more so on a veteren or expert server where 3rd person is turned off...). Also a great pair of headphones is almost a must this game does make great use of directional sound.

If you can get the timing down, and learn how to use the hatchet, zombies should be more of a nuisance than a threat.

I will say the insta leg break power the zeds have is annoying.

Other players can be jerks, I have ran into a lot of them. It's part of the game play.

Your rant sounds more like a someone saying "It's to hard...turn easy mode back on....."

[/quote']

1)oh my god that was the best quote you could ever have used.

2)I didn't say I wasn't enjoying the game I just don't want to invest 4 hours into the thing to get anywhere.

3)If I crawl within 10 meters of a zombie they sniff me out. then I'm stuck on the ground getting hit by a zombie waiting for the crazy slow "get the eff up" animation to finish.

4)hatchet head shot is news to me and I thank you for that tid-bit of info

5)Not so much "turn easy mode back on" but more "turn fun mode back on"