Sign in to follow this  
ark7

Removal of Third Person Servers (Hear me out!)

Reason:

I live on the East Coast of the United States, the most populated area of the United States. At 5:00 PM EST (high-traffic) I have trouble finding 1st person servers under 120 ping and over 20 players. This has occurred on many occasions. The DayZ playerbase is currently shrinking according to Steam Sales Charts, and increasingly so, it's tough to find servers with a fair ping and a healthy amount of players.

Self Q/A:

Q: What about users who develop motion sicknesses?

A: Motion sickness induced by playing in first person already hugely limits potential game candidates for their play. There is a changeable FOV scale and in the client .cfg file there is a variable containing FOV in number.

Q: Won't people be upset?

A: Sure, but there's no excuse for allowing 3rd person servers to persist in existing. The only valid claim to this seems to be that people are more familiar, which is the only reason people still use it. 

Note: Any further comments providing ANY arguments will be added to the "Self" Q/A: section and the "Self" will be removed. If your Q/A provides an outstanding point where no amicable answer can be presented, then I will add it into a category of its own entitled "Current Issues With idea".

Thank you for reading, I hope to see some good discussion here. As always, your involvement is appreciated.

how_about_no.jpg

Reason:

I live on the East Coast of the United States, the most populated area of the United States. At 5:00 PM EST (high-traffic) I have trouble finding 1st person servers under 120 ping and over 20 players. This has occurred on many occasions. The DayZ playerbase is currently shrinking according to Steam Sales Charts, and increasingly so, it's tough to find servers with a fair ping and a healthy amount of players.

There is only a few 1st person servers out there and they still barely get filled then that means 1st person servers are not a popular choice and will never be, removing 3rd person servers will not increase those who play 1st person servers at all, infact it will piss off 85%+ players who like this game and have been playing 3rd person since December 2013.

My suggestion is get better internet so you can get better ping on lots of servers, deletering 3rd person servers who have 400k+ people playing everyday on average just to satisfy the 20k bunch who play 1st person on average just doesn't make any sense.

Edited by Claws4life
  • Like 1