Sign in to follow this  
poster

Graphic Problems

Hey guys. I know DayZ isn't optimized to a lot of cards but I wanted to make sure that was my only problem rather than it being my system. No matter what my settings are on I range around 8-15 FPS and every couple of seconds I get a lag spike that can last anywhere from 1 second to the more frequent 10 seconds and it freezes up my entire screen. It doesn't matter if I'm in Svet or an open area like NEAF.

Specs - 

Intel Core i5-3460 CPU

Geforce GTX 760 Graphics Card

64-bit OS

Windows 7 Home Premium

6.00GB RAM

1TB Internal HardDrive with 100 GB free (had this harddrive for years) and 500GB External Harddrive with 400GB free.

Remember, no matter which settings I'm on the effects are the same.

it is amd a6 3460, could you pls doublecheck? it might be xeon x3460 aswell but I don't think so.

edit: Use Nvidia Experiance to optimise DayZ, and then just change resolution ingame video settings

Edited by k3malb3y

I've tried using Nvidia Experience to optimize it and it was still the same. I apologize! I meant i5-3470 not 3460

my pc in office have the same graphics card running DayZ pretty good. (yes I play DayZ at work, sometimes..)

have you tried other game performances which has high graphics like dayz? or you should run a simple benchmark to compare result. (http://www.3dmark.com/)

my suspicions here:

1. your operating system has buggs/crashed somehow.

2. your old hdd is about to die

I have a new hard drive now. So now I have my old HDD with 150GB free out of 1TB, a new 1TB hard drive, and 2 external HDD with 500GB. And the lag is only getting worse. It was horrible tonight, desync as soon as I got in the server and when I get in I'm frozen for about 30 seconds from it before I can move. Which means if there is another player or a zombie near me I'm screwed

Edited by Poster

now your op.system clean & fresh installed in your new hdd, and you are running it right?

try to disconnect hard drives but the one op.system installed. Make sure you installed steam and Dayz in your new 1TB Hdd. I assume it has 7200rpm and 64mb cache memory.

oh before you start.. you better scan whole computer it might take half a day but it will worth it.

and I suggest http://www.bitdefender.com/solutions/free.html

also what is your min. ping rate in server list page?

Edited by k3malb3y